SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Cheese deserves it own thread. Long live cheese!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mape01
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Dont forget to wrap the white bread with very thin slices of smoked bacon. This adds the extra taste and calories so desperatly needed by exhausted baiters Wink

BTW: was in an cheese restaurant in bordeaux once, they offered 100+ sorts of cheese (some of which should be banned by the geneva convention) in an humid riping cellar on an self service base.
Think the name was "baude et millet"
Old Master
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don wrote:
...I refuse to discuss products of the US American or British chemical industry with anyone not Swiss, French, Italian or Dutch. I like my cheese to be actually edible and made from milk.

In the USA if a product like cheese is going to be sold in a commercial outlet, it is heavily regulated...requires long lists of additives, and whatnots. Many Americans do appreciate a good cheese, and they are willing to make the drive to an Amish farm, or a heavily German community, or to Wisconsin (people known as "cheeseheads.")

If not close to one of these, we have a standing mail order. One can always get good cheese...ya just have to know somebody. Cool
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
One can always get good cheese...ya just have to know somebody.

Sounds like you are trying to buy cocaine Shocked Must be difficult to live in a country where you need to go out of your way to get some decent cheese. Never really thought much about cheese anyways, I just hop into the local supermarket. Plenty of choice Very Happy

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Old Master wrote:
... Many Americans do appreciate a good cheese ...

Especially with good fresh meat:

and quality wine:

Wink Wink
HomerJFong
Courtesiless son of a doggy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, cheese. Along with gravy and french fries, part of the unholy trinity that forms poutine.

My arteries are clogging just thinking about it.

"I was at the Abuja Embassy Today, the Security guards say that the is no Mr. Bryan Adams working with them at either the lagos or abuja embassy. and did not let me in." - Efosa Erhabor - (Accra to Abuja)
"We stayed there for two days hopping to get any of you" - Pastor Collins
"i will report to webmaster,abuse and the police hold and see, .....go to hell and rust in there bastard........bitch" - Steve Wright
"This office will like to inform you that your winnings have been forfieted due to acts unbecoming of a humanbeing." - The Alpha Lottery
"A MAD MAN WILL PREGNANT YOUR JUNIOR SISTER AND THE BABY WILL BE A MAD BASTARD LIKE YOU." - Mahadul Usman
"I AM NOT A FOLL LET ME BE BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST AN ANIMAL TO DEAL WITH" - Tunji Adams
Mortar x5
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerSkype Name
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
with anyone not Swiss, French, Italian or Dutch

*sniff* And yet another time you ignore us Austrians. We really do have some very fine cheeses here in Austria, don!! Very Happy Very Happy
And some of them won prizes at the world cheese award too Smile
http://www.finefoodworld.co.uk/default.asp?parentID=15&id=30

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Old Master wrote:
Many Americans do appreciate a good cheese, and they are willing to make the drive to an Amish farm, or a heavily German community, or to Wisconsin (people known as "cheeseheads.")

Any mention of "Cheese Heads" without paying homage to St. Brett is grounds for deportation from "America's Dairyland". Wink

Edit: I wasn't sure if I should add this. I didn't want to insult our friends across that side of the pond. But for the one or two that don't know about St. Brett, well... I add this. (I will get hate mail saying American football isn't real football anyway, so what the hell.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Favre

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kleindoofy! Thanks a lot...you just exposed the secrets to fine American cuisine. Now tourists from all over Europe are gonna be flooding our shores.

HAHAHAHAHA-hehehehehe-hohohoho (hello Breddan)
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheese is best grated Smile

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kleindoofy, that was hilarious.

We can get good cheese in America. . . lots of it is imported, but we can still get it!
Our cheddar is good. My favorite cheese, however, is Jarlsberg.
This thread made me hungry.

Edit: to add, @Homer: Poutine!!! Yum.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

every christmas i get the great task of eating everyones stilton.
lads and lasses get it in hampers and never touch the stuff.

about 2 years ago i was given lots of the stuff. (i dont mind it but it was just too much)
i was given a block, about 15 tall and 20cm diameter. it nearly finished me off !

(also had bad after affects - very breezy ! gale force !)

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If there is anyone in Melbourne that could send me some King Island Double Cream Camembert, or Brie, please pm me urgently, I'm only 12,000 miles away.

The only cheese I've found in the Emerald Isle that I really like is Gubbeen Cheeses from way down in the South West
The Lying Dutchman
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do cheese strings count???
Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the ultimate thread. Cheese and the Goons. Very Happy

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Raclette is awesome.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You don't think we have enough random pointless threads going at the moment Reaper??? Wink

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, but I haven't made them. Wink

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Don't blame me, I was just answering a nice thread by Peanut and I was
suddenly the beginner of a cheese conversation!

I do love cheese though!
Talking of cheese, I'm hungry. I'm gonna make Pizza toast.

Toast.
Garlic.
Tomato paste.
Ham.
Mushrooms.
Cheese (Edam, parmesan and mozzarella)
And, tomato.

mmmmm.

Pretty Rose

pony
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought this thread was going to hot up when spam was introduced

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Mods

Can we transplant the Yuku Cheese thread to this one? I thought it really added value to the discussion. Question
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's clearly a pro-cheese bias in these parts, and I tried, oh how I tried, but I was beaten by the rule of the mob.

That is all.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had some smoked goat cheese up in some little village clinging to a mountain in the Spanish Pyrenees that I would chop my left pinky off for right now... it was that good!

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like some are getting board??? are we down to cheese sandwiches to chat about... HAHA...

I am just figuring out why nobody is around when i come on at 7pm... different time zone... DUH... mamma always did say i was special

I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR $130 CANNOT BUY ME ABOTTLE OF BEER IN MY COUNTRY

I believed you should be trying to pull my legs and let it be so as I will not like to tolerate such attitude from you

Please brother stop that joke, it is an expensive joke that can cause hyper tension.

BECAUSE IN MY VILLAGE WE DONT HAVE A TELL PHONE
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah my timezone is totally out of whack with the UK (by 12 hours in fact) so there are always plenty of threads when I arrive in the morning, and it slows down throughout the day.

I've lost track of how many times I've seen Shiver online at what seems to be 4.30am his time. Does he not sleep or something?

OK, back on topic. Cheese is best grated. I like Tasty Cheddar but everyone else always convinces me to buy Mild Sad

guymannemisis
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There was a merchant from Arabia, so the story goes, way back in the mists of history, who put his day's supply of milk into a pouch made of a sheep's stomach. He hoisted himself upon his camel and clip-clopped over the desert. The beast's ambling movement, the residual rennet of the sheep-stomach pouch, and the hot sun did the rest. That evening, the first drink of whey quenched the nomad's thirst--and his hunger was satisfied by the curd. Cheese was born.

And make that birthing over 5000 years ago.

Cheese was mankind's first and best fast food--and has come, over time, to be called the Food of the Gods

nuff said!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic