SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Smoking thread

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's been five days since I stubbed out my last one.

Ignore everything they say about giving up! It's bloody easy not to smoke, you just don't put the things in your mouth is all. The difficult part is not killing everybody.

Anyway I gave up for exactly the right reasons: My smug little monkey assistant designer bet me a months worth of coke that I couldn't last a week. Little does he know that I drink more or less his body weight in coke every hour while I'm at work. He's going to be looking forward to a very spartan life style in two days time Twisted Evil

I shall probably continue the abstention after the week is out for reasons of health and going on the pull.... with my wife of course.

DONATE
---

I don't deserve a pony Sad

of course you deserve a pony-lotta Very Happy
pony pony pony
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, I'm addicted to the weed. I smoke about 10-15 a day.

I say sorry, because you're pretty much forced to be a social outcast these days if you smoke. You live an apologetic, guilty existence, furtively looking over your shoulder to see if anyone is going to shout at you.

There's now only 2 places I smoke. My own back garden, and on the pavement outside the pub. I respect everyone's right not to breathe in second hand smoke, but now that it's banned in ALL public places, I feel we went a bit far, we don't live in LA. (Yet.)
Some choice would have been nice, that's all I say.

Outcasts I tell you, outcasts! Crying or Very sad

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so....battery does coke and Mugatu likes weed...... are we sure we are talking about cigarettes here? Battery, good luck giving up. You know, quitting is not that difficult, it is not starting again after a while.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your right about being a social outcast as a smoker mugatu. Luckily I work with a large number of other smokers but we still get comments when we come in from a ciggie break (reformed smokers being the worst).
I have no intention of quitting at the moment, as I enjoy it too much.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

how much coke

Shocked Shocked

ya lungs will intact but no nose left

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just the drink form of coke unfortunately.

I live in China where you are considered a social outcast if you don't smoke. Generally speaking, cigs are the first thing offered after your business card at a meeting. The same goes for dinners (business or otherwise), outings with friends and meeting the girls parents for the first time.

No wedding table is considered primed and ready without a stack of packs waiting for the nicotine hungry guests and nothing could be more respectful than passing a few round after a quiet funeral.

Politicians here have famously yellow fingers and everyone can tell you which ex chairman smoked (and embezzled public money into) what brand of tobacco.

The only place you find smokers being moved on is in places like Starbucks and Mac Dees, which are after all, little scattered pieces of America.

So If I was in LA I'd probably smoke just to annoy everyone. Here I'm quitting for the same reason. Laughing

DONATE
---

pony pony pony
Mr. Green
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, just so you're doing it for yourself...

Razz Very Happy
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you would be on your own in the UK as we as smokers are now banished to
the back of the pubs and bikes sheds.

very strange for a 40 yr old

Shocked

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I quit last November. Not that I didn't like it, I just felt it was time. It was very hard for about 3 months. Now I get a craving every once in a while but it's easy to ignore it. I do feel better. And no, I don't mind being around someone who is smoking.

Hang in there, it gets easier.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My mother died of a smoking related disease two years older than I am now. Not a nice way to go. So you can probably guess which side of the fence I sit on.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its been 4 months since my last smoke, I miss it but no way would go back to it.

pony pony Mortar x18
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excuse me for not being very PC here, but my sympathy for the plights of smokers wouldn't fill a fly's thimble.

Quitters deserve support, and lots of it, but not praise.

A dear, dear friend of mine died a few years ago of lung cancer. Two long years of despair and extreme pain, most of it in the hospital. In his place, I'm certain I would have committed suicide. To this day I don't know how his poor wife coped.

Any smoker who thinks it can't happen to him or just ignores it, is an exceedingly stupid person.

So, if you want to send Shiver a cry-baby PM complaining about the evil mod KD, go ahead, I really don't care.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I quit smoking 37 pounds ago. Mark Twain was kidding when he said "It's easy to quit smoking. I've done it hundreds of times." Knocking off crack and eight balls is harder. Good luck and try to keep the weight off.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

11 years since I quit. At the age of 35 I struggled to walk round the golf course (gave that up too - mainly because I was crap). My dad died at the age of 42 from heart disease - he was a heavy smoker. The realisation that I was approaching the same age & spent most of my time huffing & puffing gave me a bit of a shock. Hypnotherapy did it for me - one session was all it took. Threw my ciggies & lighter in the bin & never touched one since.

Now I'm 4 years older than dad was. OK, I'm overweight & my blood pressure's a bit high but no signs of heart problems & I regularly go out walking up hills. Best thing I ever did.

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Mundy
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been on nicotine gum for 9 months now, I do miss the social aspects of smoking and the perception of an escape from stress in work and such, but I don't miss the smokes themselves. I hate the blocked nose and crappy taste in my mouth in the mornings.
I have some of the strongest jaw muscles in the western world now too!
It is easy to light one up when the going gets tough though even when you've been on the wagon for sometime. I have done it a few times. The main motivation for me though is that wifey used to smoke too. It was a catch 22 when attempting a unilateral quit, but the same thing works in reverse and I do not want to feel responsible for tempting her back to it.
I'm a hell of moody git when I forget to buy gum though.

I got on the wrong bus one day and ended up here
Why not support eater by donating then you get to see it.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Made a little sign on the door to make them feel the same as what they do to me Laughing
Quote:
Caution
Cigarette smoke in this house!

As both occupants of this dwelling are addicted to nicotine by in haling the smoke of burning tobacco we have to warn you about the health hazard you may risk when you enter this house.

By law we have to bar all minors from entering this house.
Adults who enter this house by their own free will and thus endanger them selves have, by entering this dwelling, waived their right to a trial by jury or participate in a class action lawsuit.
If you don�t agree, please use the door bell and we will talk to you outside, while standing down wind of you.

XXXXX Family

Peppy and Bill

[rant]
Hey it's not illegal yet, but they sure make it hard to enjoy public entertainment.
A government approved addiction, only 550 additives added to make it more addictive.
If I do drugs I can get help, but a smoker is put at the end of the hospital list! [\rant]

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
Excuse me for not being very PC here, but my sympathy for the plights of smokers wouldn't fill a fly's thimble.

With that in mind, I've decided that I will definitely continue my non-smoking into the indefinite future. However, in order to mittigate the Holier than Thou tones of your above post, I will have to invest heavily in tobacco products, campaign for their right to advertise and sell the odd pack to children walking home from kindergarten.

DONATE
---

pony pony pony
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@battery

Yes, I find insulting fat people about their weight, how unattractive they are, how they are a drain on the health care systems, REALLY helps them with their dieting and exercise, especially if they are children. . . .

You are to be commended especially since you are surrounded by cigarettes. At least in the US and now UK you can work and go places without being surrounded by your addiction.

It DOES get better. You will also feel better in the long run.

I find telling fat kids they are worthless helps . . . when there are no kittens around. . . .

Cool

--J.D.

Emit Scarab
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If non smokers could stop telling me to stop smoking, half the incentive would be gone. I don't mean that in a kind of rebellious way either.
When you're thinking about having a smoke, your mind looks for any excuse to take one, so the screw-you smoking lapse has happened to me a couple of times.
A national shut the hell up about smokers day might just be the day I could quit.
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I quit last november, 9 months smoke free now. Cravings lasted for exactly 2 weaks, peaking at day 3, after that only the occasional reminder of some imaginated relaxing effect. I can surround myself with smokers and I still like the smell. A couple of weeks ago I decided to try the ultimate test and smoked one (I can rely on my stubbornness) ...did like it somewhat but had no desire whatsoever to smoke another one after that.

Quitting to smoke is nothing to be proud of, it's incredibly stupid to have started in the first place since tobacco is the most pointless of all drugs - it's only purpose is to fight it's own withdrawal symptoms and keep your wellbeing on a level with non-smokers. Stupid drug without any major effect, costs a fortune, ruins rather effectively lungs and cardiovascular system and contains a few hundred carcinogene substances in the smoke.

I would never tell a smoker to quit though, smoking is just one of a billion ways to kill yourself. I quit because I don't like to be dependent on something or someone - I'd go on smoking if people told me to quit. Wink

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Plain ordinary Coke? I thought Whiskey and Green Tea was de rigeur in China these days. Wink

On smoking, never have. Most of my friends give up at least once a year but then start again.
The problem is they all stop at different times. Then, they take it up again when they see the others still "enjoying" a tab.
If only I could get them all to quit at the same time. Surprised

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FACT: Everything about smoking sucks. There's nothing good about smoking. It kills people, it smells, and it's gruesome. And I smoke.

OTHER FACT: In my house (which I don't smoke in), anybody can complain about second-hand smoke. As long as they don't drive a car.

OTHER FACT: When any physician or scientist produces evidence that smoking is NOT as bad/dangerous/deadly as it is viewed to be, their theories are (rightly) scrutinized under a microscope and then dismissed. When anyone at all forwards evidence that smoking IS as dangerous as the popular view, their theories are accepted at face value as fact without any questions.
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with KD on this.

Before the smoking ban was introduced in my part of the world, I hated going out for a drink or a meal because of smokers. If I had wanted to smoke I would have. Smokers never give a damn about other people. Their attitude is I want to smoke and I don't give a shit about you not wanting to breathe in the shit. If you don't like it, eff off. Well, now I'm waiting for winter so that on a cold, rainy wintery night I can go and laugh at the buggers getting soaked.

Smoke gets everywhere, it changes the taste of things. To echo what one chain smoker told me when I asked him to try and keep his smoke away from me, if you don't like it fuck off somewhere else. Smokers are only getting now what they have dished out for years.

On the day that the ban was introduced I went to my local to enjoy a pint. When I got there someone had put the song 'Smoke gets in your eyes' on the jukebox.

EDITED TO ADD: The evidence for the cancer causing properties of tobacco is pretty incontrovertable. One reason why 'pro smoking'** studies are not taken seriously is the fact that they are partially or completely funded by groups set up by the tobacco industry.

**By that I mean that smoking is not as bad as studies show.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
mathias
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I started smoking at the age of TEN years and since I tried seriously to stop it only once while being admitted to a hospital.

Didn�t work out. Sad

Unfortunately I am a VFL though knowing too well that stopping it would help improve my bad health, maybe save my life. Mad

Now I am 54 and since one year I have to live with my very high blood pressure (currently 190/110/ pulse 70/ body-weight 115 kgs) although my medic prescribes all kinds of very good medicaments for me. Mad

Time for me to make my 2nd holidays this years at the sea soonest Cool

Safari Safari Safari Goat Mortar x4 (2 MIA) Closed lad accounts x lots

Jolly Roger

BASTARD !!! U JUST DEY MAKE ME SPEND MONEY SEND CHECKS TO NON EXISTING PLACES OL BOY NO TRY ME AGAIN OH ABEG JUST FUCK OFF MAKE I WORK COLLECT MONEY..

go screw your mother fucking uncircumcised rotten dick on your bedroom wall and die slow *DELETED* because you don't even worth a second out of my time

now you have taken me to a far area from my place ... I have to sleep under the bridge today ...

Vcamera
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Regarding public smoking, the problem is it removes the choice to NOT smoke from bystandards.

There is nothing positive about cigarettes other than the fact that you can use one to kill a person who irritates you.

That being said, support those trying to quit. Same with other destructive behavior like alcoholism and country-western music.

--J. "Occassional Cigar" D.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic