SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Financial negotiations with the lads

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you negotiate with the lads about money?

I used to haggle over the % they were offering and I used to query the fees, all in an effort to waste time. This is what they would expect in a straight bait, of course (the only kind I do).

But lately I have been talking the amount UP and I find that this is even more effective. I frequently use the ASEM modality, so we are always following my storyline, not theirs.

My initial email asks the scammer to reconfirm the fees - " I know the legal fees are $10,000 but Prof Soludo told me that interest needs to be added to that". Thus, the scammer has the prospect of a large payday for no effort, plus the opportunity to add even more to the maga's bill.

Then we negotiate the payment modalities. Whenever he has an objection I readily agree to pay his reasonable expenses to make the problem go away - another windfall for him.

Then I find I can't pay in US dollars. "Can I pay in EURO and what exchange rate can you offer me?" - it's never a good one Smile

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
MisterHobbs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've thought about using similar tactics when I first started, but actually havent done so. Sounds like some great ideas, it should lend credibility to the bait that you are on the hook and a believer.

Seems like you are having success......think I might try it......

New to baiting and want a mentor? Click here!
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The few times I've tried haggling, the lads balked big time. It was just funny seeing them so adamant about that damn 40% of X amount of millions that didn't exist. Confused Rolling Eyes

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When it comes to the barrister demanding payment I Email the original character back who made the offer and say that if he is going to get x% of the money he should be prepared to put up the same percentage of the fees. So, for example, if he is getting 60% of the deceaseds estate then he should pay 60% of the fees.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I often tell them the percentage they're offering isnt worth my time and I wont do anything for less than 50%. It works well because it wastes time, and if, say 20% of $10million isnt worth your time, you've got to have some serious money behind you. I love it when the lad comes back with a slightly bigger say offer (say, 30%) and you get to play hardball with them for the 50%...also lets them know who's boss when they eventually have to give in. Smile

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic