SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Three scammers busted in The Hague

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DuraLex
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been real busy lately, but news such as this always makes me jump back to the forum.

Quote:

Politie pakt Afrikaanse internetfraudeurs op in Den Haag

DEN HAAG - In een internetcaf� in Den Haag zijn maandag twee Nigerianen en een man uit Burundi op heterdaad betrapt op internetfraude.

De beheerder van het caf� aan de Beeklaan schakelde de politie in toen hij zag dat de klanten zogenoemde oplichtingmails verzonden en beantwoordden. De mannen zijn aangehouden op verdenking van oplichting, aldus het Openbaar Ministerie (OM) dinsdag.

In de e-mails staat dat de ontvanger een prijs in een loterij heeft gewonnen. Als hij de prijs wil incasseren, moet hij eerst geld op de rekening van de zogenaamde loterij storten. De beloofde prijs wordt vervolgens nooit uitgekeerd. Achter de afzenders van de mails schuilen veelal West-Afrikaanse netwerken.

Het OM doet op grote schaal onderzoek naar oplichting door deze criminele netwerken. Sinds oktober 2006 zijn al tientallen verdachten aangehouden, die ervan worden verdacht mensen via e-mails geld af te troggelen. Afgelopen voorjaar deed de politie in Amsterdam een grote inval in een uitgaansgelegenheid waarbij ruim honderd illegalen, voornamelijk Nigerianen, werden opgepakt.

De slachtoffers die aangifte hebben gedaan van de fraude, betaalden grote geldbedragen aan de oplichters, vari�rend van 8500 tot 2,5 miljoen euro. Geld dat wordt verkregen uit deze fraude wordt veelal gebruikt voor andere criminele activiteiten, zoals bancaire fraude.

Short summary: three shysters were busted after the caf� owner reported them to the local autorities. The rest of the article deals with the mechanics of scamming, and the size of the problem.

I believe the caf� owner reporting folks is new, never heard of it before.

"stupid job baiter. rot for hell demon scum"-Danny the Internet Hitman
"Listen to me mr , you have also insulted mr personalty and you have also misspelled mr name , am nor santana,santodo my name is prof charles soludo."
Visit the Duralex Internet Experience. Baits and tutorials go here.
Big thanks to JMRazor for the orange title!
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whilst I don't read Dutch
Quote:
een loterij heeft gewonnen

I figured this bit out. The Lotto Lads mass caper has just lost another 3 Lads.

Hopefully a full translation will be forthcoming

Quick edit : very quick translation (you'll get the gist of the article):

The administrator of the caf� to the Beeklaan involved the police force then he saw that the customers sent so-called swindle mails and answered. The men have been apprehended on suspicion of swindle, thus the Public Prosecution Service (Public Prosecution Service) Tuesday.
In the e-mails stands that the recipient has won a price in a lottery. If he wants receive the price, he firstly money must deposit into the account of the so-called lottery. Promised the price is vervolgens never paid. Behind the shippers of the mails mostly West African networks hide.
Public Prosecution Service does study into swindle on large scale by these criminal networks. Since October 2006 already dozens had suspected has been apprehended, that becomes of it suspicious people by means of e-mails money finished at trough yolks. Last spring did the police force in Amsterdam a large irruption in a place of entertainment where wide hundred resistance workers were taken up, mainly Nigerianen.
The victims who have done declaration of the fraud, paid large money amounts to the swindlers, varying of 8500 up to 2.5 million euro. Money that is obtained from this fraud is mostly used for other criminal activities, such as banking fraud.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not too good at translating, but here goes:

Quote:
Police arrests African internet fraudsters in The Hague

THE HAGUE- Two men from Nigeria and one from Burundi were caught in the act of committing internet fraud in the internetcafe in The Hague.

The owner of the cafe on the Beeklaan notified the police when he saw that customers were sending out and responding to fraud emails. The men are arrested on charges of fraud, according to the Disctrict Attorney last Tuesday.

The emails say that the recipient won a prize in a lottery. If he wants to receive the prize, he will first need to deposit money into a bank account from that fake lottery. The promised prize will never be delivered. Besides the sender of the email you usually deal with mostly West African networks.

The DA is doing research to these criminal networks. Since October 2006 dozens of suspects have been arrested, of whom is believed that they tried to swindle people out of their money through email. Last spring the Amsterdam police conducted a search in a bar, the result was the arrest of over hundred illegal immigrants, mainly Nigerians.

The victims who pressed charges, paid great sums of money to these criminals, ranging from 8500 to 2.5 million Euro. Money that is obtained from this fraud is mostly used for other criminal activity such as banking fraud.

As I said, I do not have much talent for translating, but it may be an easier read that Babelfish English.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahhh, news that lightens the soul clapping

Pretty Rose

pony
Charlotte83
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Must be a brave cafe owner. I hope there are no repercussions on him and his family Shocked Great news though!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic