SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I think I actually have one!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
llewellyn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A guy from Match.com tried to scam me. Fortunately I was not stupid enough to fall for his line. Weird enough I was talking with him for about 3 weeks and I ran across an article on these 419 scams. I don't believe in coincidence so I read the article and did some research.
I eventually confronted him and found that he was not playing the game exactly like the articles read. So I droped my line of questioning and kept on stringing him along. Taking bets at work as to what line he was going to use to get me to send him money. Didn't take long, legal problems, go figure.

Anyway not a big believer in coincidence I just an email from a guy in England whose profile says he is in Lima, OH looking for a woman with an income of $250.000. He is 32, quite handsome and can't spell worth beans. Well the guy who tried to scam me before said he wanted me to talk to his friend in England to verify his story, etc I never got in touch with him.

I want to get him, what's the next step?!?
Here's what he is saying:

I am Peter Collins from the united kingdom(London)Was surfing through the ladies search in my profile then i came across your profile ...Its Really interesting reading your words on here i will like to know more about you and be your best of friend....while not add me on your truebeginnings.com list for more [email protected]....

i wait to hear from you..

Peter

Well what does everyone think?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If they have any of your personal information, I would say drop them and leave them alone. You wouldn't be baiting safe (plug for reading stickies here Wink ).

Welcome to Eater. If you bait safe, you can have an enjoyable hobby. Very Happy

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
HellRyder
Pale Tracker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the monkey house... Smile

First rule -- Bait Safe!

That means don't use anything linked to you RL -- Name, Email, Address, etc. so if the lad has your real info, stop communicating with him.

Read the stickies ... you can start with the one in my signature line by Nurse Nasty (co-authored by some of the mods). While you are reading the sticky posts, the mentor sign up sheet is here. Cherrie will set you up.

Read the PM you received when you sign up to the Eater... it's loaded with good info.

Most important (and worth repeating) -- please bait safe! Reading the stickies will help you knowing how to do so.

United Kingdom x2 United States x2 Nigeria
Mortar 's
Closed lad accounts 's

Pith Helmet ARK: Tamale (Ghana) - Porto Novo (Benin): "it is a Hollywood movie"

Get your ninja sword and throwing stars here
NO MENTOR & NEW TO BAITING? Here's how to do it!
llewellyn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No they have none of my personal info. This is a different site. It is True.com not match.com but is this strange or what?

Does everyone agree I should wait to be more experienced at this? I don't want to screw it up either.

Pale Tracker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If he does NOT have your RL information, what's the harm in baiting him? If he twigges, bait him from another Email address...

However, you will benefit from reading the sticky posts and getting a mentor... so maybe you should start with that first... there are plenty of fish in the sea (and on lad heads) for you next bait...

United Kingdom x2 United States x2 Nigeria
Mortar 's
Closed lad accounts 's

Pith Helmet ARK: Tamale (Ghana) - Porto Novo (Benin): "it is a Hollywood movie"

Get your ninja sword and throwing stars here
NO MENTOR & NEW TO BAITING? Here's how to do it!
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Llewellyn, welcome to the eater.

You wrote:
Does everyone agree I should wait to be more experienced at this?

By definition, the only way you can get experience is by doing. Don't worry, you will do fine.
You also wrote:
I don't want to screw it up either.

Why? Who cares? That's how you learn. Don't be afraid to learn. Besides that, there is no shortage of shitbag scammers. You can always get another. Laughing

You'll do fine. Don't underestimate yourself.

EDIT: juts lerndin to shpel. Embarassed

Last edited by B. A. Ware on Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome! Smile
Jump right on in here and screw the lads. Smile

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome To Da Eater Very Happy

Bait safe, have fun

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic