SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Earthquake!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I experienced my first earthquake earlier this week (in Nairobi).

It happened on Tuesday at 5.55am, it lasted a couple of minutes, and news reports said it was 5.2 on the Richter scale. The epicentre was a rumbling volcano over 100 miles away.

It was a very weird feeling. Initially I thought the windows were rattling maybe due to a very heavy lorry going past, then I realised that the "lorry" wasn't going away, and come to think of it there wasn't even a road nearby, also that the floor was shaking as well!

Anyone else experienced one?

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Zen wrote:
... it was 5.2 on the Richter scale. ...

Zen, I think you're going to have lots of people from California laughing at you. Laughing
FourFlusher
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's one...HaHaHa...

Earthquakes are fun...as long as nobody gets hurt.

I've been in some Lulu's.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Earthquakes are very much like making love to a beautiful woman...sometimes the earth moves

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing From a California person.

Earthquakes are very much like making love with a man...it only lasts a few seconds and there is a mess to clean up afterwards.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congratulations Zen on your first!

I don't know about the love making comparisons. Surprised

I lived in California from many years and experienced several different types of earthquakes.

Some are rollers. Kind of fun because the ground feels like a wave has passed under your feet. Also spooky to realize that solid ground can do that.

Some are shakers. We had a huge oak tree in the front yard and during the Loma Preata (sp?) quake the tree looked like it was doing the twist. We were 200 miles (350km) from the epicenter.

Some bump. We were at a YMCA camp in the San Bernardino mountains and the ground just jumped. Knew what it was right away, but that was the first like that I remembered.

Some are rattlers. These just rattle things. I worked in a retail lighting store and all of the chain hung fixtures would sway in unison. Kind of artistic.

There are probably others (like rumblers) that I am forgetting.

The oddest thing I saw was in 1969 or so, the striped line on a highway had been moved sideways over 4" from a roller. Stream beds had also been changed from the shift.

Earth quakes to me are amazing, simply amazing. Cool I'd rather be in a quake than a tornado or hurricane! Wink

Okay, now I see the love making comparisons! Shocked Laughing

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ParaNoid wrote:
... rollers ... shakers ... rattlers ...

Ok, so earthquakes are like singing old Elvis tunes:

"Shake, rattle and Roll" Cool
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Uh-Hu (with lip curl) Laughing

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PRS Girly Girl wrote:
Laughing From a California person.

Earthquakes are very much like making love with a man...it only lasts a few seconds and there is a mess to clean up afterwards.

Yeah? Well, at least we move! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I rode one out with a horizontal displacement of what seemed 3 feet. The water was splashed out of the toilet.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
FourFlusher
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you talking about an earthquake, or making love? Razz
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's not an earthquake, that was just Chuck Norris moving through the area.

... and now it's my turn for a straight up, all my life, California loving (try that sometime PRS... then report back Razz ) guy to laugh his @$$ off at the OP. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing LOL_sign
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

go for it PRSGG

never before has anyone out loved our resident lover Tommo

that was a stormer

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

c'mon tommo lets hear it from ya pal
Wink

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Earthquakes are very much like making love to a beautiful woman....errr I've dried up. Crying or Very sad I'll have to think about it.

I experienced an earthquake once a few years ago in Yorkshire, when I was at work. The coffee almost slopped out of my plaggy cup and I dived under my desk like they do in Japan. I don't work there anymore.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Earthquakes are very much like making love to a beautiful woman, The chances of it happening are fairly low, it wipes out all your possessions and you bore your mates stupid with stories about it for years to come.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah. Earthquakes.

I grew up in California, but I won't giggle at you.

Your first one (earthquake, not sex...although, well nevermind)...anyway, your first earthquake can be a bit disconcerting.

I experienced mine when I was in first grade. My desk started sliding around and I turned around and bopped the kid who sat behind me in his nose- I thought he was messing with me.

Boy did I feel foolish afterwards.....that was also my first trip to the Principal's office, if I recall correctly.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
gliss
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I experienced only one earthquake in my life.
Since I live in central Europe, they are very rare. I was in Slovakia at the time. It was a weird feeling, but kind of fun and everyone just freaked out Laughing

"Firstly, I am aware that some people use this same avenue to defraud innocent ones but
please, this is not one of them."
Megster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Growing up in California, I used to think earthquakes were fun. Until 1989 that is, when I lived ten miles from the epicenter of a 7.1 quake. The ensuing destruction and chaos had a severe impact on the town for nearly fifteen years afterwards. It was pretty awful.

Now that I live in San Francisco, earthquake preparedness is just a part of everyday life. There's a fantastic website for Bay Area folks to help you with preparedness at www.72hours.org. I highly recommend it!

I know that your mother�s virginal is too wide that it can contain triple penis at once but he can manage it. Your days are numbered. - Emma Iwobi

THAT IS WHY SOME OF YOU DIE UNTIMELY IF YOU TRIES ME I WILL RATHER MAKE YTOUR LIFE MISERABLE OK. YOU CAN EAT SHEET AND DIE. - Gary "Gay" Anderson
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>Earthquakes are very much like making love to a beautiful woman...you can't always see them coming.

mathias
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Zen wrote:
I experienced my first earthquake earlier this week (in Nairobi)....Anyone else experienced one?

My wife and me experienced an earthquake in Istanbul some ten years back. I guess it was 5.0

It was in the middle of the night and we where sleeping.

I was dreaming that the bed was out of rubber/elastic. Then we woke up and realised that the whole room was shaking.

We where actually in a small hotel room (5th floor) and went to the window. The streets where empty though and nobody was panicking.

After some seconds everything was over.

About 5 years later they had an earthquake 70 miles away at a town called Izmit which flattened the whole region and killed many people.

We are happy that we missed that. Cool

Safari Safari Safari Goat Mortar x4 (2 MIA) Closed lad accounts x lots

Jolly Roger

BASTARD !!! U JUST DEY MAKE ME SPEND MONEY SEND CHECKS TO NON EXISTING PLACES OL BOY NO TRY ME AGAIN OH ABEG JUST FUCK OFF MAKE I WORK COLLECT MONEY..

go screw your mother fucking uncircumcised rotten dick on your bedroom wall and die slow *DELETED* because you don't even worth a second out of my time

now you have taken me to a far area from my place ... I have to sleep under the bridge today ...

Vcamera
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Rodus Laughing Laughing Laughing Brilliant.

Pretty Rose

pony
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The 1989 quake was rather frightening. The most shocking thing was how far away the epicentre was from the bridge that collapsed. It was chaos for a long time. Downtown Santa Cruz has still not fully recovered Sad

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was in downtown SC last week. Yep, they still have not recovered. The boardwalk is the same though.

Two more quickies. Just like making love.
Rode one out on the freeway. I thought I had a flat tire. Pulled over and noticed that both sides of the freeway were filled with people pulled over, scratching their heads looking at tires.

Best one was when I was flying home. I pop over these hills that appeared to be on fire. Strange light brown smoke. Found out later that they were landslides. I pass over a few intersections on surface streets that were completely gridlocked and made a mental note to not drive in that direction. Once on the ground I found out there had been a earthquake, the power was out all over, hence the gridlock and the tower had talked to me on a hand held radio.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

According to the BBC (so it must be true!) an earthquake in Manchester, UK, this morning 2.5 on the Richter scale. Did �1billion worth of improvements.

Apparently one bloke's bed vibrated Shocked Maybe he was making love to a beautiful woman, although I doubt it because she was with me at the time.

Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
earthquake in Manchester, UK, this morning 2.5 on the Richter scale

Tommo, I think you're going to have lots of people from Nairobi laughing at you. Laughing

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic