SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

E-mail I sent was rejected...but I didn't send it...huh?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Old Master
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received one of the MAILER-DAEMON notices about the e-mail I sent being undeliverable. Trouble is, I never sent it...at least to the e-mail address that shows on the following notice:

Quote:
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mailin02.albacom.net.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

[email protected]
192.168.30.51 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 RCPT TO: [email protected] Mailbox disk quota exceeded
Giving up on 192.168.30.51.

Can anybody decipher this for me? I mean, I understand the obvious stuff, but did I perhaps send a bait e-mail to a lad's e-address, and it was re-directed to a closed mailbox? And is that an IP I see there?

Just wondering...I'm still learning (and fast thanks to many of you.) Smile

"You'd have to be an idiot to fall off, wouldn't you, Mister President." The British idiot, Piers Morgan, commenting on Prez Bush's spill, but who recently suffered broken ribs and other injuries after falling off his Segway scooter. I love it...
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

can we see the whole email?

That Ip address is used in local routers, doesn't tell us anything.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
The False Italian
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Possible scenario:

1. The address is your bait address and you have used it against mugus.
2. One of the mugus used a computer that was infected with a cute little worm.
3. This worm collected all addresses it could find, including your bait address.
4. The worm sent out spams and used the collected addresses as sender and receiver.
5. You get the bounce from the mailserver because this time your address was used as the sender.

Can you post the bounced message? Usually it is included as an attachment. But be careful, something there is a viral payload!
FourFlusher
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Acccckkkk...I just had to reformat becuase of viri...I have put Norton Anti Virus on since, will it catch these worms?
Old Master
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked OKAY, NOW YOU ARE SCARING ME... Shocked

@>>>Can I send the whole thing? No, I can't...didn't get too much more than you see. It was snipped, and said "Remainder is truncated." At least I think that was the word used.

UPDATE: I have trashed this thing, then emptied the trash...for what good that will do. With two responses I'd say there is nothing terribly wrong.

For ^^^...thanks!

"You'd have to be an idiot to fall off, wouldn't you, Mister President." The British idiot, Piers Morgan, commenting on Prez Bush's spill, but who recently suffered broken ribs and other injuries after falling off his Segway scooter. I love it...
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I received one of the MAILER-DAEMON notices about the e-mail I sent being undeliverable. Trouble is, I never sent it...

I own several domains and this happens to me all the time. 999,999 out of 1,000,000 spam mails come with a forged or stolen sender address, and when the spam can't be delivered, an error message is 'returned' to the fake sender address. Which in this case happens to be you.

So this really just means that (as the False Italian said) somebody used your address to send a piece of spam or a worm to [email protected].
As for danger, even if the original message contained something nasty, the failure notice most likely will not as it only contains a small part of the original message.

FourFlusher wrote:
I have put Norton Anti Virus on since, will it catch these worms?

If you're lucky. Razz

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FourFlusher wrote:
I have put Norton Anti Virus on since, will it catch these worms?

Norton couldn't "catch" a cold. I trashed it and installed AVG after cleaning up a ton of crapware that had sailed right on by Norton.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What Bankster said. Your own computer was most likely not even involved in all this. Happens all the time.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic