SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Cheque scam turns into advance fee fraud?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been pursuing a job offer with the Elme oil and gas board. They want me to process cheque payments from their UK customers.

I've done all the usual stuff, answered their little questionaire, had a little chat on the phone with a representative.....

But today I get an unexpected email. They now want me to pay them a fee to seal the job offer. Confused

Are they turning this into a straight 419 scam? Are they not even going to send cheques at all?
Or are they merely making as much money as they can out of this by combining 2 scams?

I've not come across this before. Of course I'll be raising the issue of why I need to pay them, when it's them that's emplying me, so no worries bait wise....
But does anyone have other thoughts on this?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The way I understand it, the actual counterfeiter is outsourced. So maybe their guy fell through and they are just trying to come up with a way to make money.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had cheque scammers try to hit me with couriers fees, I figure they either want to make sure the representative is 'serious' or (more likely) they're trying to get more money out of you. I think it's good that they do this, as surely a real victim would figure something is up if a company wanting to process a $thousands payment couldnt afford a couple of hundred in couriers fees.

Another one of my cheque lads started going on about starting a company in my country but he needed help setting it up...I just told him I wasnt interested.

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In my opinion they're just trying to squeeze you for more money. Sure, it's possible the lad's source of paper dried up, but it's not unheard of for companies to charge "servicing fees" and the like, so I'm sure the lad is just seeing if you'll bite. If not, I imagine he'll move along to Phase II.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>Maybe they have been scorched before and are just testing how committed you are and covering his bases? As previously said, they may not have funds to pay the fake check lads for their goods. Either way, I would tell them that you will deduct their employment fee from your first commission check as you don't have the reddies to pay them up front. Always bounce the ball back into their court.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
magildo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my check scammers had a sudden liquidity crisis that required me to send $2500 dollars via Western Union ASAP.

Just an anecdote.

"they have started beating the elderly boy that followed us and even seized that sign post." Larry
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fair enough, not so rare then. Cheers for the tips guys.

By the way, nice avatar! I have that picture too, he was Barrister Harry L00n when I got it.
Who is using that pic nowadays?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I do a mail out looking for new customers. it's not unusual for 20-30% to want an advance fee. I either argue or ignore.

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ mugatu - I get this from time to time too. I usually just say 'i don't have any money, if i had money i wouldn't be applying for a job'. They usually kick up a fuss, then i don't reply for a while and I get an email sometimes 2 weeks later saying "ok, the payment has been sent".

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic