SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

This is New... a different approach

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Super Model
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got this today in one of my accounts. Even though it is constantly flodded with standard 419'rs, this one cought my attention... here is goes:

Attention,
The BRITISH High Commission in Nigeria,Benin Republic,Ghana and Bokinafaso received a report of scam against you and other British/US citizens and Malaysia,Etc. whom the country of Nigeria/Benin,Bokinafaso And Ghana have recompensed you due to meeting held with Four countries Government and the world high commissions against fraud activities by the Four country Citizens.

Your name was among those scammed as listed by the Nigeria Financial Intelligent Unit (NFIU). A recompensation has been issued out in Certified Bank Drafts to all the affected victims and has been already in distribution to all the bearers. Your draft was among those that was reported undelivered as at on Friday and we wish to advise you to see to the instructions of the Commitee to make sure you receives your draft immediately for your depositing into your account.

NFIU further told us that the use of Nigeria Couriers and the Benin was abolished due to interception activities noticed in the above mentioned courier services in Benin,Nigeria and Ghana and thereby have made a concrete arrangement with the DHL Courier Company for a safe delivery to your door-step once the beneficairy meets up the demand of the conveyancy.

We advise that you do the needful to make sure the NFIU dispatches your recompense on Monday. Reply this e-mail to [email protected]�. You are assured of the safety of your draft and availability and be advised that you should stop further contacts with all the fake lawyers and security companies who in collaboration scammed you. Call me at: +(edit* if needed with supply) immediately�to cheque if the delivery date suits you.
Yours in Service,

Mr. Richard Gozney
CONSULER

Now, i guess they are trying to deploy new methods. This is just evil. Any thoughts?
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it's not exactly new, but it may be a new wording. Scammers may be greedy, but they're not stupid. Just like us (only not nearly as smart), they know the rinse-and-repeat formula. But if it's new to you, there's no shame in posting it here. Very Happy

I can't think of anyone who's been scammed that would fall for this crap again, but I'm sure I am wrong. There's one born every minute out there! Your idea of making this type of mugu suffer heavily, however, is dead right.

Hit 'em hard, show no mercy, and let them sit there and smell their defeat. Just don't let them know you're on to them!
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bog standard recovery scam with crappy wording. This lad should be easy to get of script and have some fun with. My claim is just about to go in. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

[Edit] Just received...obviously a busy lad....
Quote:
ATTENTION,

THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION, THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC
GENERATED RESPONSE. YOUR E-MAIL HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND WE SHALL GET BACK TO
YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THANK YOU,

BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Super Model
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Desided to go ahead with it and ust have sent a message Smile Laughing

No Website though.... forbidden Crying or Very sad

Oh, and it is coming from CZ... (mail.pipni.cz [193.86.238.3])
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with the previous posts. By the time you wade through all the usual "lad-isms" here,
Quote:
Your name was among those scammed as listed by the Nigeria Financial Intelligent Unit (NFIU).

I wonder if there is a Nigerian Financial Intellectually Challenged Unit? ;>)

It boils down to the same donkey crap: I think anyone who takes time to read the fine print will recognize it for what it is.

The main difference between this and most of what I've seen (and I've only been baiting a few months myself) is that this lad is paying for a domain name/email responder with a few bells and whistles, instead of the more laddish [email protected] ;>)

I would think under the circumstances, when it's time to pay the application fee/DHL shipping/transfer fee/etc., that a person who has lost money in a scam would require a v3ry s3cur3 method of making payment- might I suggest v3r1fy?

Regards,

LaBrea

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This ia a semi-sophisticated lad, here. The domain name thing would trick plenty of people, and peoples dfesire to be paid back for their losses.

I imagine plenty of people would be pulled in by this.

Anyone working this guy? Need help?
Super Model
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Decided to start it as my first bait here @ 419E. I will post updates Smile So far I got an automated answer, the same as Tommo Shanter did. So, guess the lad is a busy man.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got a reply
Quote:
Attention,

Your e-mail has been noted. For your perusal feel free to view my profile through the link below:
http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1101399478073.

We have been receiving complaints from many foreigners with reference to the scam acitivitis of African Scammer. In an attemp to reconsile Nigeria with such affected countries as yours the Sum of US$250,000.00 has been mapped out as recompense to each victim.

kindly send your DHL account number if you have an account with DHL so that the draft will be mailed to you, but if you don't have an account with the DHL then call me on +234-803-3689165 so that i will see what i can do.

Yours in Service,

Mr. Richard Gozney
CONSULER

This lad is obviously on script. Of course I don't have a DHL account number and I tried ringing him without success.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got the same email in one of my catcher accts this afternoon, decided to reply (this lad doesn't sleep?)

Got a 2nd reply, asking for my DHL acct#, and the cheeky b4st4rd even provided a link to the High Commisioner's page on the actual British High Commission's website, (whose real name he is using!)

Quote:
Your e-mail has been noted. For your perusal feel free to view my profile through the link below:
http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1101399478073.

Note the different extensions in the addresses: .gov vs .org

The site link may be his undoing, I think a real victim would correspond with the phone numbers, emails posted on the site, but you never know......

In the meantime, this boi should be kept busy.... Wink

Regards,

LaBrea

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
Super Model
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Same here Rolling Eyes I wrote back that I have tried to reach him but, somehow the call either gets dropped or does not go through. Twisted Evil What if i have fedex account, would that work? I wonder Laughing
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I might have to see what else he can do for me, seeing as how my character has a debt dispute with DHL over a previous Nigerian check scam where the scammer left him holding the bag... Laughing

Regards,

LaBrea

Super Model
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This just in... quick one, i must say Laughing

Attention,

Your case proves extremely difficult with the absence of the DHL account. The only option left now is for you to settle for the DHL mailing charge which amounts to US$195 for the delivery to proceed. That may be sent through my cashier via Western union for immediate pick-up and i shall proceed with the delivery of your draft immediately.
name of cashier: Obinna E. Ejike
Address: Abuja, Nigeria.
Let me know as soon as you have that done so that i will send him down to pick it up and have it paid to the DHL office for the delivery of your draft.

Guess I will have to set up a DHL account, or send "cash" via WU. Twisted Evil

This lad is working fast though

IP address checks up Laughing 208.70.7.100 - Nigeria host100.fobsky7.juch-tech.com
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep,
I just got my response- my shipping fee is more than $195:
Confused
Quote:
...This courier company will require a delivery and terminal charges of US$320. They will deliver this as a special delivery in order to ensure you are at the safe side. Their delivery charges may be sent through my cashier via Western union for immediate pick-up...

I like the way he never mentions a compensation amount; I guess their Processing dept missed that in their zeal to get the compensation out to all of us victims Cool

I'm thinking there may be some customs restrictions on this kind of thing.....better see if I can find the right form after I ask a few more questions......

Regards,
La Brea

Super Model
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I decided to play along and "opened" up an account with DHL just for him and have sent him a message with my very cool dhl acount number, and asked him if he needed any additional information (maybe my address? Laughing ) He is quick on replies 15-20 minutes Smile Dedicated lad Twisted Evil Laughing

Edit:

And right as i post a get a reply back:

Attention,
The account number has been noted. Please kindly note that you have to send that along with other information such as the DHL account setup payment receipt or any order evidense to prove the existance of the account because the DHL here would request for that.
Yours in Service,

Now this got me confused now. What exactly does he need? and what payment slip? in the amount of ?? Twisted Evil

Edit again:

So, i reply back being dumb, "that I have set up an online dhl account and have put in my platinum credit card number for automatic payment".

Now i am sure he would be very interested in that. Laughing

Last edited by Super Model on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darn - phone tag Twisted Evil

Attention,

Kindly note that i just called you as requested but you have failed to pick up sp i had to leave a message. You may reach me at +234-806-7802512.

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/thread hijack

I went into this thread, expecting the OP's avatar to contain Jack Sparrow...I'm dissapointed, SuperModel. Sad

/end thread hijack
MisterHobbs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Tommo Shanter:

Quote:
scam acitivitis of African Scammer

Scam 'acitivitis'?

I love their english! Sounds like a new sickness that results from being scammed!! Razz

New to baiting and want a mentor? Click here!
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey SuperModel

Your avatar is a little bit trippy...any chance of slowing it down a bit...I'm feeling sea sick.

"SCHOOLS FOR THE DEAF/DUMPS" - Frank
"I will not live long since my ailment has defiled all forms of medical treatment" - Victoria
PLEASE IGNORE ANY FURTHER MESSAGE FROM CHARLES OR WHATEVER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.!!! - FRANK AGAIN
so how do you want me to beat trust in you now??? (I think I've annoyed him - Frank again)

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
Super Model
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Crying or Very sad I am sorry that i have dissapointed you Special K. I will make it up, I promise.

And I will slow down my avator

Just in:
Okey, i have called the DHL office and could not get my contact person. He shall get back to me and as soon as he does, i shall let you know.

Guess he sounds abit upset, that he had to call his dhl contact. what a lazy lad Razz

EDIT: More news for me Laughing

My contact person in DHL just got intouch with me and informed me that they don't make use of virgin accounts for the delivery of highly valued materials such as Draft and other related articles for safety purposes. The DHL account has to last upto 3 month and above before it could be accepted. I also requested for his suggestions now and he suggested that you should pay for the delivery to be effected to you through their delivery mode which will cost you US$195.00. Since he has suggested this, i advise that you comply with it because anything contrary to this will be at your own risk.

Ok, so WU i guess is the only answer. Hmm, well, i would need his Photo ID card (better yet, his offical Photo ID) to send me, in order for me to send money via WU.

Last edited by Super Model on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked him how much I would receive, after telling him I was scammed out of $15,750.00, and:
Quote:
...Your E-mail has been noted. Your draft is worth US$250,000.00. It will require no clearance from any institution what ever. I guess you have nothing to worry about since the commission is strongly behind this to ensure that no other problem persists....

Man, where else can I turn $15,750 into $250,000? That's almost a 1600% return!

Uh oh, I think US Customs will have to be involved with an amount that large- better get that form......

Regards,

LaBrea

guineagirl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Hey SuperModel
Your avatar is a little bit trippy...any chance of slowing it down a bit...I'm feeling sea sick.

Actually, it's Tommo's new avatar that's making me queasy... :yikes:

Edit: Thank god, it's been changed. Whew!

Last edited by guineagirl on Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Model
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, decided to ask more questions:

Thank you for your time to clarify what needs to be done.In order for me to correctly do everything, could you provide me with the following information:

1 Name and Complete Address from where the letter will be originating.
2 What will be the content of the letter (for insurance purposes)

What will be my compensation?

Sincerely,

and got a reply pretty soon:

The draft will be coming from the DHL office in Wuse Zone 2, Abuja. Anyway, the delivery charge should be made through my cashier:
name of receiver: Obinna E. Ejike
Address: Abuja, Nigeria
This will enable us give it to the DHL courier company after pickup together with your draft in order to make sure they deliver it at the same point. Kindly have everything sorted out today so that by tommorrow (Tuesday) your draft delivery shall proceed, remember we have already exceeded one day from the surposed day of delivery. You have nothing to worry about since we shall make sure all goes on well.

Right ... so write him back with this:

Mr. Gozney,

So I should make the payment through my DHL account to one of the cashiers at DHL, by the name of Obinna E. Ejike? Or this should be made differently.

Please advise,

Reply from our High Commission lad:

No, you should send it through Western Union money transfer or money Gram with the name of the official, Obinna E. Ejike.

Still stalling him:

Please send me the official's ID Card, otherwise WU will not accept the transer.

Lad Response is abit high tempered:

Attention, Ofcourse you know that is impossible. He cannot release that to me for security purposes. The WU will accept the transfer but if they don't then proceed to Moneygram. The official has already been identified by this commission and that is why we are making use of them. You stop quit wasting time and proceeed with the directives.
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You stop quit wasting time and proceeed with the directives.

You can tell this lad attended the "Motivating people by Giving Effective Directives" course for all new High Commissioners Laughing

Maybe he would be equally effective dealing with v3r1fy?

Regards,

LaBrea

LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
Hmmm, the lad logged on for 10 v3r1fy sessions over 1.5 hours, only answered 27 questions Surprised
I guess the British High Commission has trouble finding competent employees..... Laughing

M1d0r1
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I also received the following. Very similar - could the lad of had his letter stolen ?
He should sue.

However, I wonder how he'll react if a few people pay his secretary Stella instead ?

Quote:
Received: by 1 with S;
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:05:04 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 1ith SMTP id x;
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:05:03 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from smtp.zipmail.com.br (smtp.zipmail.com.br [200.221.11.147])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id h38si13509811wxd.2007.08.20.12.05.00;
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:05:03 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 200.221.11.147 as permitted sender) client-ip=200.221.11.147;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 200.221.11.147 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by spike4.zipmail.com.br (Postfix) with ESMTP id A62833C003AC0;
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:04:56 -0300 (BRT)
Received: from www.zipmail.com.br (summer9.zipmail.com.br [192.168.14.18])
by spike4.zipmail.com.br (Postfix) with ESMTP id 6EDAB3C0069A1;
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:34:49 -0300 (BRT)
Received: from [78.138.2.196] by www.zipmail.com.br with HTTP; Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:06:32 -0300
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:06:32 -0700
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?FROM=20BRITISH=20HIGH=20COMMISSION=20=28CALL=3A=20=2B234=20807=205008059=20=29?=
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
X-SIG5: ad8a058979366933c119c8b73fd437c3

BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION
Metro Plaza, Plot 991/992
Zakari Maimalari Street
Cadastral Zone AO,
Central Business District, Abuja.
TEL: +234-807-5008059
E-MAIL: [email protected]

Attention,

The BRITISH High Commission in Nigeria,Benin Republic,Ghana and Bokinafas=
o
received a report of scam against you and other British/US citizens and
Malaysia,Etc. whom the country of Nigeria/Benin,Bokinafaso And Ghana have=

recompensed you due to meeting held with Four countries Government and th=
e
world high commissions against fraud activities by the Four country Citiz=
ens.

Your name was among those scammed as listed by the Nigeria Financial Inte=
lligent
Unit (NFIU). A recompensation has been issued out in ATM CARD to all the
affected victims and has been already in distribution to all the bearers.=

Your ATM CARD was among those that was reported undelivered as at on Frid=
ay
and we wish to advise you to see to the instructions of the Commitee to
make sure you receives your ATM CARD immediately for your depositing into=

your account.

NFIU further told us that the use of Nigeria Couriers and the Benin was
abolished due to interception activities noticed in the above mentioned
courier services in Benin,Nigeria and Ghana and thereby have made a concr=
ete
arrangement with the DHL Courier Company for a safe delivery to your door=
-step
once the beneficairy meets up the demand of the conveyancy.

We advise that you do the needful to make sure the NFIU dispatches your
recompense on Monday. You are assured of the safety of your draft and ava=
ilability
and be advised that you should stop further contacts with all the fake la=
wyers
and security companies who in collaboration scammed you. Get intouch with=

my secretary, NAME; Stella Benson EMAIL: stellabenson_britishcommission@=
yahoo.co.nz
As she is responsible for handling and effecting your redression. Call
me at: +234 807 5008059 immediately to check if the delivery date suits
you.

Yours in Service,

Mr. Richard Gozne
CONSULER,
BRITISH HIGH COMMISSIONS
ABUJA.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic