SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

U-Haul moving nightmare

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
beyondsick
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone else had dealings with u-haul, when we tell you you can? I am in the process of moving my daughter and son in law to his permanent station with the Army. I made a reservation with U-haul gave them my credit card and they call you the day before to tell you where to pick up your truck. Mine just happened to be in Canada. I live in the U.S. After much discussion I found I had no choice but to drive to get the dam thing in Canada. Now I spent an hour going across the border to get there, and then on the way back another four hours trying to cross the bridge to get back home. Not due to customs and being interrogated, no just sitting in line on the freeway to get to pay to cross. So now I am one day behind in the traveling using the first day just to pick up the trailer. I called the customer service number and I really think they hire lads to answer their phones because they sure have the run around down pat. You can't get them to extend your contract at their expense because you have to wait til you return the equipment in order to speak to somene at the return point about your problem. You want a copy of the call you made to them, sure just let them disconnect you with out taking your information so they can send it to you.
It is all so frustrating. So if any of you need to rent a trailer to move in the U.S., avoid using U-haul. Unless of course your schedule is flexible and can be arranged around them. They won't tell you this you have to learn by renting from them. They'll have your truck or trailer the day you want it until right after you give them your credit card to reserve it.
Thanks for letting me vent now I can go out and load the trailer.
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sympathies

Its enough hassle without battling to get transport Rolling Eyes

(I helped move 2 lots of relatives recently using my Volvo , if anyone else flits I'm running away )
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have never gone through U-haul directly. Usually you can go to the closest U-haul place and just make arrangements with them. That is the way I have always worked with U-haul and have never had problems.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

U-Haul is terrible if you want to reserve something over the phone. If you go to their office directly, you save money and get the truck you want reserved for your day to go. It happened twice. The only downside was that day, the computer system was slow as hell!

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
FourFlusher
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Picking up a truck in another country is unacceptable.

I think if you pound this hard enough you can get the truck comped.

You should, anyway.
Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\/\/\ Got that right! If'n they can't secure a truck or trailer in your own locality, it's time to hire 3 Guys and a Goat.

OT, this post reminds me of comedian Sam Kinison's old rant about the starving desert dwellers in Africa..."Folks, don't send 'em one more dime! Instead, we should send 'em U-Hauls and suitcases, so they can MOVE TO WHERE THE FOOD IS!!!" Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've only used them twice. The first time I was there at the crack of dawn at the end of a huge line to pick up my reservation. It was for a large truck and the one that they put me in had no brakes. Zilch. Pedal went to the floor. The second one's dash board was not connected. No lights, no odometer, no gas gauge. When I tried to check the fuel level and got nothing, I had an idea that something was up. I looked under the dash to see the missing connections. Thinking back to what I paid for mileage, I should have stuck a stick in the gas tank and run it that way.

The second time was actually not bad. I realized that they are really busy on weekends and the costs are all about mileage not days so I rented the truck on a Thursday.

Not to completely hijack the thread or post something that should be on the bitch thread, we also tried to help move some things around for our military son two months ago. I paid for, not reserved, a full size car/SUV as we needed the cargo holding capacity. I had paid though Expedia and when we got to the Thrifty desk, a newscaster for the local TV station was going off on them for not giving her a car. She had a reservation. We had paid for a car in advance. They gave her a chit for another outfit. By the time the manager had pulled up the screen for our transaction, the newscaster was back because the place Thrifty was sending us to was also out of cars. She promised coming back with a camera crew. "Go ahead" was the clerk's response. There were no other workers there. Thrifty's customer disservice line would not even pick up. Expedia picked up but were clueless.

It took hours for me to locate transportation out of the airport, 2,500 miles from home. It was after returning the truck that the fun began.
Getting my money refunded was like pulling teeth from an alligator. Expedia did not want to pay as they had paid Thrifty months before. Thirfty would only agree on paying the difference in price for the rentals if I filled out a nonexistent form and had it signed by the manager.
That was not the problem, I paid twice.

For all this, after three letters, many emails, who knows how many phone calls and many weeks I got a discount coupon that I will never use.

It took a while but Expedia did eventually refund the money.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These stories are why I hate rental companies. They take your reservation and money and that is about it.... jerks.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

beyondsick wrote:
. Unless of course your schedule is flexible and can be arranged around them.

Isn't this sadly, the way just about all businesses in the Western world work these days?
I just love how when you order furniture or some other ridiculously over priced item, and want it delivered, you will be given a day. Not a time, not even an am or a pm. And it's guaranteed that you can wait and wait, but if you nip out for 2.5 minutes, that's when they'll turn up Rolling Eyes

You have my symapathies.

Pretty Rose

pony
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Never used U-Haul. In my town the off duty firemen have a moving service. It is more fun to see sweaty hunks moving my furniture then moving it myself! Very Happy

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Where do you live?? I'm moving!!! Laughing

Pretty Rose

pony
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If moving within the town we have a company called "Two Men and a Truck". They are good, come out when they say they will etc. I think they are a franchise as I have seen that name in other cities. After my last move done by professional movers I would never think of moving any other way.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In real life I deal with tenants and it always amazes me that on moving day (for which they will have given or been given at least one month's notice) they will get up around noon, have a leisurely brunch and then suddenly remember they have to cram a house full of stuff into the back of a car with perhaps a trailer borrowed from a mate. So they move all their junk onto the front lawn or parking area so, technically, they are Out and then stand around scratching their heads wondering how the hell they are going to shift it all before nightfall. Good times.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

beyondsick

U-haul baited you, U-haul go and get your pith helmet Cool

Sorry to hear about a crappy experience.

I moved this weekend, It was a bit easier. I hired a pantech for the day did a couple of quick loads and had the truck returned by lunch. I only had to go 5klms.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the U.S., use Ryder. It's about twice the cost, but when you factor in multiple border crossings, I think it's well worth the price. Plus, the trucks are (generally) in much better condition.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It just occurred to me - if business practices in the Western world are this shoddy, is it really any wonder that people fall for the 419 scams? I mean, it doesn't really look that much different when you think about it Laughing

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If your son-in-law is in the Army, how come they didn't move you? Or was it a DIY move?

"Please redecribed your mood of identity again for my understading" - Mrs. Ama

" MAD MAN(UR LIFE IS GOING TO REACK NOW FROM MR CATHERINE DAVIS)QUICKLY REPORT HIM NOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>" - Barrister James Powell
MCWhite83
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just about every experience I've had has been unpleasant with U-Haul. I had a "changed" pick-up point at least once, in a different town, but not a different country. Trouble was I didn't have my car to pick it up, and or a ride, so I could go, without leaving my car. Big trouble.

I actually had an accident in my last move in my van, very small. Best part of the story: I actually chose to accept the optional insurance, when asked, and I laughed when I submitted the claim, and they paid in conjunction with my insurance.

Agree on using professional help. You'll live longer if you avoid the self move companies.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've used Uhaul 3 times in 8 yrs, no problemos. Razz

FUCK YOU BASTARD U DEY MAD TO YAM LIKE THAT I KNOW SAY UR MUGU DEY
WAY.WHY U THINK SAY I GO PUT SAND FOR UR GARRI MONKEY
Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

U-haul sucks! Wifey and me used them not so long ago. We reserved a truck on line and got confirmation #s, you know everything to say: See you Saturday @10am for pickup. Needless to say, the SOB's never had truckready and claimed that their internet was down and they never recieved the online reservation.

My father-in-law has hook-ups at Ryder, and they are a good outfit. Staff isn't stoned at the counter and they don't charge you if you are 10 minutes late. Uhaul is all about dey chop your dollar!!!! Lagos truck pushers go back to your shrine for fetsih dancing!!!

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
beyondsick
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well the move is over, somewhat. It was a DIY because the kids were moving into a furnished home and only needed to take their essential electronics and such. On the way we were involved in an accident. No one was hurt other then a few bruises. A semi went past tapped the uhaul and went on his way. We went on our way into the center median ditch. It put my trailblazer on its side and the Uhaul stood proud behind it. So now their things are in a storage unit in another state and they are where they need to be. I will be renting a truck from another company to get their things in the next couple of weeks. No one was hurt in the accident but there is over $3,500 in damage to my trailblazer. I did take the optional insurance as you did McWhite and will be in contact with them on Monday to find out how to put in the claim and see what I can get out of it. Thanks for that information as I didn't think I could claim the damage to my truck when there was no damage to the Uhaul trailer. When I went to return the trailer to Uhaul it was to a different location then we had planned. The guy told me I could return it but would not get a refund on the remaining part of the trip. He was so wrong. I would not leave until I had a refund receipt for the $400 difference. Also he made the comment "when we tell you your trailer is confirmed, we are not guaranteeing that you will get one". WTF is that, just like a lad who tells you BS.
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear about the acco.

It really sounds like the "COMPANY" don't give a Toss.

Sometimes it's cheaper to buy an old secondhand trailer and resell it later.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic