SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Best Scam Contest - Enter Here

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jack B. S.
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, there are no prizes.

I'm doing some research and would like to see the very best scams you can find. I'm interested in the more sophisticated scams aimed at English speaking westerners. The more believable the better. I am not looking for the best scam bait (that competition is ubiquitous).

Please post the best you can find, and we can all vote on a winner.

Thanks in advance,
Jack

P.S.: If this is not a good idea or has been done, lemme know. Thnx.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I just had an extremely nice looking email today from the Bank of America offering me a loan at very competitive rates etc etc.
It dropped into my brand new catcher account (from one week old guest book seeding) so it has to be a scam. (Probably some sort of check scam I would wager).
Baitable? I'm not sure.

It looks really professional with all the graphics, perfect English etc.
Unfortunately it wouldn't look any good here as the graphics won't transfer.

If you have a catcher account you don't mind me having the address to, PM me and I'll send it to you. It's the best I've seen.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
MommaBates
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wouldnt that be akin to educating the scammers? Some of them do read here. Might as well hand them a list of gullible rich old ladies with internet access.

BUT, then again, I am neither a mod nor am I currently baiting. Smile Just my $.02.
Jack B. S.
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@MommaBates, I hadn't thought of that. I guess if we are careful about what we say in the open forum (like always) then it will not give them anything they don't already have. Does that make sense? I'm kinda new here, so I'm looking for direction.

@Mugatu, thanks much. It is a good idea to PM the contest submissions to avoid what MommaBates mentioned. Yes?

Thanks to all for the submissions and the advice.
williamnorris
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't worry too much - if there is something particuarly sensative, put it in the Premium forum.

Fake bank kills: 2x United Kingdom

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here for enlightenment...</a>
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What do you mean by "best"?

Most professional-looking forms, ID, website, etc?
Most imaginative story?
Most believable story?
Best at actually producing profits for the lads? (Difficult to know, but still a criterion for the "best" scam.)
Something else?

Each one would probably produce a different winner, in my opinion.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
williamnorris
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Tony Erik has to be on there somewhere - not a particuarly good scam, but a particularly nasty chap... Smile

Fake bank kills: 2x United Kingdom

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here for enlightenment...</a>
Jack B. S.
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Otterfan, As mentioned above, I'm looking for the most believable.

Nasty doesn't fit this contest, nor does profitability. Professional looking does if it makes it more believable. Nothing else.

The only winner here will be the most believable.
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But no scam will be equally believable to everyone. Someone that is prone to fall for a love scam would maybe roll on the floor in stitches about a next of kin scam. One that is desperately looking for a job will believe a job scam but maybe has enough knowledge on banking to not fall for a cheque scam and so on. Besides that it also depends on the lad and how convincing he and his group work together, how readily they come up with replies to odd questions, how good they are on the phone. And shouldn't this all be something only a lad could tell you?

I'm sorry but I really don't see this going anywhere useful.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
DuraLex
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll give Supplier, the shitbrick, credit for being the first to use a bogus internet forum and ICQ to back up his money laundering service. He has it detailed to such a point that anyone can believe it's legit. I've seen 4 or something of his victims on here.

He has thousands of sites on a botnet. The ICQ approach makes him nasty to bait. I would use a proxy for anything concerning him.

"stupid job baiter. rot for hell demon scum"-Danny the Internet Hitman
"Listen to me mr , you have also insulted mr personalty and you have also misspelled mr name , am nor santana,santodo my name is prof charles soludo."
Visit the Duralex Internet Experience. Baits and tutorials go here.
Big thanks to JMRazor for the orange title!
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I nominate the deaf widow with cancer sickness which defiles all medical treatment that went to her brian (sic) which caused her to trip over her poisoned husband's trunk box, resulting in her to fall down a mine shaft and discovering a hidden cache of alluvium gold dust and bars. Sadly, whilst her remaining relatives were transporting this new found wealth to the bank on her behalf, they were all killed in a particularly nasty auto accident when the last flying Concorde dropped out of the sky and flattened their tuk-tuk bus , leaving them with no know next of kin, apart from me...which was nice. I, of course, was more than willing to stand in, because, neither the trunk box or the gold are cursed. Shocked

Just don't ask me to post her email addy or headers yet because the bait is still ongoing. Laughing

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I currently have a lad who is scamming for corporations and private individuals to sponsor a Global Warming campaign. It is well written, the script has good english and basically the scam is you give $500 to become a "sponsor" or "partner" of the program and they give you $600,000 to spend on Global Warming Awareness.

It's pretty slick, very believable and entirely evil. I'm working on hurting them though Wink .

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If we were going for broad categories, I would nominate your more polished fake check/money order scams. They seem to me to be most believable because I've spoken to a lot of people who fell for them (including, believe it or not, a few BANK EMPLOYEES) and very, very few people actually know enough about the difference between "making funds available" and "full clearance", from a legal perspective, to suspect a scam until it comes back and bites them on the arse.

Ask 10,000 people on the street if they're taking a risk by paying out part of a check that has appeared on their bank balance, and I bet 9,998 of them would say "No risk at all. It's cleared, hasn't it? The money's mine." People have been conditioned to think cashier checks and certified bank checks are good as cash money. Problem is, both are equally valuable when counterfeit, and it's a heck of a lot easier to forge the check.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic