SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is someone shutting down accounts?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lobo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've responded to the last six scams I've gotten on the same day they came in, only to have all six bounce back. Can't believe they're dropping that quickly.... Is someone taking them down out there?
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah,

Lots of people are taking them down. People who hate scam mail, victims, rogue baiters that don't know any better, bank killers (sorry Embarassed ) email providers, and so on.

A select few people are true baiters and understand it's not worth doing and can actually hurt an investigation by LEO. The general public think it's the "right" thing to do.
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, most definitely. Yahoo is the principal provider shutting down scammer accounts at an alarming rate. It's making mass mail a health hazard. There are a few other ISP's closing the odd account, but Yahoo is unrelentant.

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
gonzo4life
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a list of nearly 200 scammers' addresses. Some are lottery scammers and the rest are 419s. I have them divided into groups, according to email provider: 1) Yahoo; 2) Hotmail; and 3) all others.

If anyone wants my complete list, in order to search for some new lads, they are welcome to PM me and I will send it to you.

I can't bait them all, so I might as well share.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Mate, the email addresses on their own are not much good for many reasons.
1) As the OP pointed out, many are "catcher" addresses and get shut down pretty quickly.
2) Without full email headers, we don't know much about the lad, where he is etc.
3) It's difficult, VERY difficult to get in touch with a lad via an email address alone, far better to know what type of scammer he is and what he wants to hear. Although an ASEM can work also, but more rarely.

@ Ladron. Are you making sure you are replying to the right email addy? The one that you recieve the email from is rarely the one you should reply to. There is normally a seperate address provided for replies as the original addy is merely a catcher.
But if you are replying to the right ones, then yes even then they are bouncing, and I'm having the same problem at the moment. As AfferBeck says, lots of people get the lads closed down with all good intent, but without realising it destroys baits.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's been a bit of buzz about this topic recently. I'd say a clear majority of my lads all have yahoo addressesjust for fun I looked into Yahoo's Spam Policy. This was mentioned right in it...

Quote:
NOTICE: Sending unsolicited email advertisements to or through Yahoo! computer systems will use or cause to be used Yahoo! servers located in California. Any unauthorized use of Yahoo! computer systems is a violation of the Yahoo! Terms of Service, Universal Spam Policy, and certain federal and state laws, including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. � 1030 et seq.), Section 502 of the California Penal Code, and Section 17538.45 of the California Business and Professions Code. Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.

The preceding paragraph on the policy states that any account violating their TOS will be immediately closed, followed by an investigation and blah blah blah, then the notice as quoted. I'm no expert, but I'd guess that means "we are watching you and we are allowed to, so if you are a spammer we'll" I know a few people who have had their yahoo accounts closed due to alleged spammer-like activity recently (and they're not spammers), and word is that yahoo is doing that a lot in their fight against spam. Reportedly, yahoo is also not apologizing or even reinstating these accounts - sort of a "national security" attitude.

Most providers like yahoo and hotmail view 419'ers as just another species of spammer, mainly because they are. Considering that our lads violate almost every clause in the TOS agreement, automatic shutdowns are probably something they're used to. Unfortunately, that affects our baits, and I doubt yahoo cares about that. If we could just get these people to see that (tongue in cheek here) we're better at stopping 419 than they are, our problems would be solved! Somehow I doubt that's gonna happen though.

On the upside, if we can't reach our lads, that means the real victims can't reach them either. While the mugu may have a new account set up within minutes, but he probably didn't write all his addresses down, and he may have just missed an MTCN from John Q Realvictim.
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Ladron

Make sure you reply to the email address the scammer specifically provides you with (ie in the body of the email text) or the email address supplied in the "reply-to" section of the header.

Why?

The original email address the lads send out from is called a catcher account (much like ours) and is a throwaway account. Because of the volume of mail that gets sent out it is almost always shut down within 24 hours of it being used simply because yahoo or hotmail or whoever have their own spam protection people working on it.

This might explain why you've had so many bounce.

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yahoo has been really serious this past week or so. I took out a list of 140 fresh mails today, and 32 of them bounced, "This user doesn't have a yahoo.XXX.XX Account. Any address that has agent, fiduciary, or claims in the name is likely to go.

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

YAHOO just shut down five of the ten accounts I had been using to ASEM the lads. I had sent four messages from each account during an afternoon with 25 BCC's each. I had gotten away with this previously so it seems that YAHOO is tightening down.

A lot of shutdowns that are currently taking place could be attributed to lads inadvertently crossing the line with their volume.

While it is easy for us and the lads to open new accounts, the rub is that the new account has a very limited capacity for the first thirty days. It would seem that the lads would have to create a large number of new accounts continuously in order to maintain any kind of mass mailing volume, since the half life of those accounts is short and by all indications, getting shorter.

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes I've sent out a few mails and had them bounce back, only to try again and see them delivered. If all 6 bounced, it might be a problem with your email account (just a thought...)

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For what it's worth, the FBI has a whole section on their webpage just for forwarding suspected scam mails to them. It goes on to say that you should also report it to the sender's service provider and explains that this is usually in the form of [email protected]. So to the average American public at least, it is the right thing to do Confused

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Red wrote:
The original email address the lads send out from is called a catcher account (much like ours) and is a throwaway account.

Close, Red, but not quite. Wink
The original email comes from a "throwing" or "bombing" account. These are the ones that die a very quick death with most reputable providers. The catcher account is the one you find in the body of the email, ie "Please reply to my personal address, [email protected]". "Catcher" is also a nickname for the lad who owns the catcher account and gets the scam rolling before passing you on to the "banker", "security company", or "barrister" (not all lads do this, some work alone and play all the parts themselves).

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Embarassed Thanks SF.

I still remember the FAQs... i always got confused with that part the difference between the catcher and the catcher account, on second reading it is actually very clear... bugger and i was so close Very Happy Thanks for clearing that up!

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10

Last edited by Red on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The only accounts I shut down are my beloved phone pets in order to send them out spamming sales boards again. That is about the only account I shut down, and from my understanding that is the only account that should be shut down (aside from fake banks... which I have very little knowledge on).
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ In many cases the lad is using the email provided from his website hoster to make him look legitimate. That's the ones that are [email protected] instead of [email protected] We don't normally target email accounts, however when we take down a site, sometimes it takes the email with it. Sorry. Crying or Very sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic