SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Looking for........

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone who has broke a leg or an arm. I know that recovery period is different for people but I need to know how long did it take to recover from the injury.

I know, I'm slowly losing my mind, but there is a method to my madness!!
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Normally 6 weeks if all goes well and don't get me started on broken bones. Shocked

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My son broke his arm a last year, and he recovered in about three weeks, although he was 6, and therefore the recovery period was shorter.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It also depends on the location and severity of the break. 4-8 weeks is typical.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

broken arm - 5 weeks
Completely shattered knee cap - 2 months healing (2 surgeries), Never fully recovered

Both at age 48

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A few years ago, my daughter broke her ankle. Compound tibia/fubula break. Required surgery. Couldn't even put it in a cast for 2 weeks after the surgery. Then 8 weeks in a cast on crutches, 2 more weeks in a "walking" cast. Then a year after getting the cast off, they went in to remove the stainless steel plate, 4 screws, 2 pins, and one piece of wire. A year after that she was told she could play tennis again if she was "easy on it" for another year.

I guess that is an extreme case though. Wink

She and I played tennis earlier today and she favors that ankle. I don't think she notices but I did. Crying or Very sad
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is what I was lookiing for......keep them coming!
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My 9yo got his arm cast of a month ago. He snapped it above the elbow. It had two pins and had to be inspected every week. ( take cast off, look, put new cast on)
took about 5 weeks.

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hairline foot fracture, age 13: 6 weeks but would have been 4 if I hadn't walked on it.

Torn ankle ligament (same foot), age 14: 4 weeks on crutches, 2 weeks in walking cast, still causes trouble 20+ years later.

Multiple hairline rib fractures, age 15: Hurt like hell for long long time.

Sprained wrist, age 17: 2 weeks in a splint-thing, never healed completely.

Cracked pelvis (not mine), age 40: Total 8 weeks recovery plus massive rehab/physio.

Howzat? All I know is that being old(er) makes for a longer recovery, and much will depend on the severity of the injury. If this is an injury in reality-land, I offer my deepest sympathy. If this is an injury for a bait, worse is better. If this is what you plan to do to your mugu, I didn't hear anything!
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So Chief, who has been injured?

Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fracture of the spine of the lower leg bone (sticks up behind the kneecap) 6 weeks in plaster plus another 6 weeks of physio.
Fracture of the bone at the elbow, 6 weeks in sling and bandages, 2 weeks physio.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

harrya wrote:
So Chief, who has been injured?

After all the tests which have been going on for the last 5 months, I FINALLY go for surgery the 7th of next month.

I have two herniated discs in my cervical area which have been pressing on root nerves in my spine causing extreme pain(for you Vicodin junkies out there, yes, that meant an unlimited supply of Vicodin, Lorcet10, and Oxycodone, ha!). In the surgery, they are going to remove the discs, insert cadaver bone, and fuse the two vertebrate together with plate and screws. Doctor advises that I will be able to return to work after recovery.

Our illustrious Mayor is bitching because I'll be off for 6 weeks minimum recovery period. I just wanted to be sure that recovery from my surgery shouldn't take any longer than if I had broke an arm or a leg. The injury occured on the job and not as if I had sustained it off duty doing something such as riding a horse, falling off a ladder, etc.

I really like displaying that "I told you so" attitude to him.
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
that meant an unlimited supply of Vicodin

I hear footsteps? Reprob8?

Well, good luck, hope it all gets sorted out, your Mayor needs a slap by the sound of it.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Reprob8
DIGITALIS MAXIMUS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chief....Please allow me to remind you of the services offered by the RCNPKD (Reprob8 Center for Narcotic Pain Killer Disposal). After your surgery and recovery, I'm sure you won't want those extra pain killers laying around. Contact me for details. I hope the surgery goes well. I've broken over 20 bones, everything I've read so far is accurate as far as recovery time/rehab. Bitch-slap the mayor.

starstarstarstar
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I broke my left elbow when I was 14, I went to hospital to get the plaster taken off after about 3 weeks or so, got home, went straight out to play football in the disused estate carpark area, slipped on a tiny patch of oil, broke the elbow again about 2 hours after getting the plaster off Evil or Very Mad Mad, spent quite a bit longer in plaster the second time as it was a bad break.

Broke my right wrist when I was 10, bone was sticking out of my arm, they put me out to reset it, quite a few weeks in plaster, broke the same wrist in my 20's, it didn't heal properly, so they had to put a pin in the wrist, I was in plaster for 16 weeks in total, nightmare Mad

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I broke my arm (clean break) in the last year of primary school (I'd have been about 11), if memory serves me right, it took 6 weeks to get the cast off and a couple more for the muscle to come back

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats pretty nasty Chief, however it sounds like you in good hands.
I had a rotator cuff op (shoulder joint) a few years back. 3 months no movement in the shoulder then six weeks at the physio I was told I would never get my full movement back and discharged. I had more movement before the op. ( I had a business and enjoyed sport) I regained full movement eventually its a long story.

All the best and I hope it all works out for you.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chief - With all due respect to your mayor [/sarcasm] a broken back is somewhat different to a snapped wrist. It will take as long as it takes.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^So true!
Broken finger from Jan. 13th til May 14th and then two months of therapy. (He is hot!) Cool

Two cast! Sad

The first Dr. should not be in practice. Rolling Eyes Second is a plastic surgeon. Very Happy

I can make a fist and you would never know it other than it feels like a rubber ban pulling.

Glad that I had the opportunity to share that with ya'll. Laughing

Good luck!

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
shuntbuzz
Illeterate pinhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wifey had her cast off at four weeks, came back for an X-Ray at 8 weeks and still not fully regenerated.

The doc said that recovery times vary a great deal and that you can't go by the X-ray as new bone tissue is less dense than old.

The thing to bear in mind is that you have to add a fair bit of post plaster cast recovery for physio - I saw some people in the fracture clinic fresh out of their cast with one calf literally half the size of the other Shocked

Mortar x7
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic