SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why the handoffs?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JamesEb
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I�m a part time baiter and I noticed something that maybe the more knowledgeable guys could answer for me. There always seems to come a time that the original mugu wants to hand you off to someone else (their �barrister�, �bank�, etc..) via a different email. I usually mess with them and refuse to work with anyone except them. I�ve gotten dropped many times because I refused to correspond to �someone� else. They are just so adamant that I personally contact the �bank� or �barrister� via a new email address. Anyone have a theory as to why they do that? Do they actually work in teams � one guy specializes in hooking the potential victim and the other guy specializes in closing the deal? Or is it that they want to stay organized and keep separate email addresses for scams in progress and initial contacts?
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes they are working as a team and you are getting passed of from the 'catcher' to someone further up the chain. Sometimes it's just a lad trying to seem more legitimate by pretending to be a bank/lawyer etc. It can be fun to sometimes play along for a bit then demand the lad sack his lawyer. You can often get this done a few times.

welcome to the eater btw.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts

Last edited by Rodus on Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of the time they're passing you on a lad higher up the foodchain, perhaps with better english skills or who's more experienced squeezing victims for money.

However, sometimes it'll be the same lad, but their script will require you to contact the barrister. Lads would much rather drop a hassley victim and move on to the next rather than break script, especially if it's quite early on.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adding players to the mix also is a method to keep up the pressure on the victims as they are bombarded from two or three sources about paying the money.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is for both reasons.

1. Some lads work in teams, where the original lad (called a catcher) only handles the initial contact. He may be incapable, through inexperience or fluency in English, to handle more than that.

2. The more people that are added to the scam, the more real victims believe in it. Like a stage magic trick where you start thinking "he can't have that many stooges". Yes he can. It works for us too, when we add characters to our bait it gets the scammer to believe in us more.

3. If the original scammer's character is female, he wont be able to talk to you on the telephone. In fact many formats give excuses (such as throat cancer) why he cannot. Scammers like to talk to their victims on the phone. Maybe they have learned that a lot of jokers (as they call us) are not set up to do so. By introducing a male character, he is then able to use the phone.

Edit: the problem with writing an epic is that dozens of other people hit Submit before you do Smile

I'm the first with point 3 Razz

And yes, welcome to eater, read the stickies and bait safe.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course you can always add a few extra characters yourself. Don't do it too soon or go too wild, but by using the same trick, if you can make it appear like a deal clincher, it will add to their headaches trying to keep track of what's happening.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the Eater.

Here are my thoughts for what they are worth.

Lads want to get you to the Western Union as quickly as possible, that is their sole aim. They introduce their barrister/banker/security officer/courier to add legitimacy to their cause and see how committed you are. Often it is the same lad following his script playing both parts. Check out the headers on emails from the original lad and his 'barrister' and see if they are different.

If you are going to get anywhere in baiting you need to engage the 'professional' that the lad directs you to.

There are hours of endless fun to be had by slagging off the professional adviser to the original lad and vice versa , often knowing they are one in the same lad. Twisted Evil

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo Shanter wrote:
There are hours of endless fun to be had by slagging off the professional adviser to the original lad and vice versa , often knowing they are one in the same lad.

My favourite bit!

Be nice as pie and as helpful to your original lad, but be sure (when you invariably have to "update him") to call the Barrister an unprofessional asshole.

See if your lad can hold it together and agree with you, or whether he'll get indignant and tell you to "stop mess around and just co-oprate with Barriters ok!"
I'll bet it's the latter. Wink

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
SumYunGai
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When a conversation passes between characters, it's often between the catcher account and the scam artist's main account, or between catcher "guymen" and "ogas" who run the scam after the initial response.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's great when they add a character because it seems like this is where you can start having fun....as mentioned, you can add someone too.

This is occurring with one of my baits. He added a character earlier in the bait, then I responded with a new character. Then I added one more character with a new role in the bait that caused a delay in sending the money. Now, I have added a whole new bait to parallel the first one... so he is still chasing the money on the first bait and now he has created a new character to go down this new path. I will respond with another new character.

Its a lot of fun playing the characters off each other and trying to keep the lad busy and on his toes. As you talk with the barrister and the bank, you can get mad at the banker, then tell the barrister you dont trust the banker and you are not going to send the money. Then he will probably add another character in. You can do the same.....add someone who will throw a wrench into the whole deal. As the bait slowly grows, you get more and more ideas and soon it becomes a soap opera.... "Baits of our Lives"

Good luck, have fun, and go with the flow!

New to baiting and want a mentor? Click here!
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Being passed up the chain is nice.
But I never forget the first lad. He was the one kind enough to contact me, so I always believe that he should be the one to help me complete the transaction and receive the majority of any money I send.
I tend to go back to him time and time again.

Of course, now and again, the lad doesn't quite understand my generous intentions and I have to keep reminding him that he is the only person I trust and therefore it is he alone who must deal with my frustration, bad temper, cursing and general nasty behaviour. Twisted Evil

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
I never forget the first lad. He was the one kind enough to contact me, so I always believe that he should be the one to help me complete the transaction and receive the majority of any money I send.
I tend to go back to him time and time again.

I love this approach. Whenever I have any doubts about the transaction (such as suspecting there is something amiss with a barrister, or bank official, or consignment company), I take them to the first lad who becomes my friend and confidante. I don't trust anyone else to answer my important questions, it's me and him against the world!! The less we have to pay to corrupt officials and dodgy businesses, the more of the millions we have for ourselves!!

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
rediculously_rich
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow this thread in particular has given me great ideas for moving forward with several of my baits!

Now I just need to come up with some official sounding e-mail addresses

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been using gmail, fastmail, and hushmail to add variety to the addresses. Once you come up with some basic characters, you can use and re-use them in other baits.

New to baiting and want a mentor? Click here!
Jude Estrada
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't baited much lately, but I'm having fun with one now. Introducing new characters is a great way to complicate and stall the situation.

I had one character who stalled with the "UN representative" as much as possible (at one point, my mugu took the odd tactic of saying that my consignment had been shipped by diplomat to Jakarta, and I needed to go there. I pretended to go there, and got very angry when the diplomat refused to follow my instructions of asking for me at the front desk and then I would come down and meet in my hotel lobby.)

Finally, after "getting back", we got down to business, and I needed 10 grand to pay the fees for my millions. Because I'd wasted so much dough going to Indonesia, my mugu needed to front me a loan.

Right about the time I was about to wuxfer it to him, my character got very ill and slipped into a coma. Now his boyfriend is e-mailing with the mugu, which allows me to play dumb all over again. I (as my 2nd character) inquired about having the money transferred to the 2nd character so my first character's ex-wife wouldn't find out about it. My mugu introduced a barrister, and now I think my original character's ex-wife is due for an appearance.

Another tact I've taken with introducing your own new characters (that I haven't used on this one yet) is creating e-mail addresses similar to the mugu's or a character they've implied, and then letting them know this person has contacted you. If you're lucky, they'll think another mugu's trying to weasel his way into their business, and you can both add confusion to your scenario (I'm not sure that I trust you -- how do I know you're the real "so and so" -- this is especially great if they've had to change e-mail addresses) and gives you a chance to use your fake mugu e-mail pretend to be one of them (guyman keeep ooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffff!)

That's just been my experience -- but take the advice of the more experienced folks here.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Check out bigstring for fun. You can mask and create addresses. You can RECALL e-mails, you can QUICK DESTRUCT e-mails, both of which give the impression of a virus. You can specify hard to print and NON-FORWARD ABLE.
I've used that for control numbers and bank info with great success.
I've got my address, my diplomat, my wife, my girlfriend, my crooked cop, and my sissy stockbroker all working my poor James at the same time.
I still haven't found all the uses for bigstring yet.

"May your anuse turn back." Joe Morengi
"You better run for your life, because the FBI are coming to your house tomorrow to kick your ass out of your house." Barr. Jonathan
Mr kelvin Jordon that call you from our branch office in canada explain that the chicken background voice has been querried, claiming the voice was his telephone ringing tone, therefore accept my deepest appology for that.
Sam I Am
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is often times the same guy. I believe this because when I get a message from the "barrister" I get a "what is going on now" message from the catcher within minutes of each other.
When they send you a list of attorneys to choose from to have help you out then interview them all and have them all list their qualifications. This can be a lot of work if its just one guy. Then find something wrong with all of them and ask him to find someone else. This can sometimes end the bait.

I sent this directly to you via The Curse Of The Wicked Soul. Cradling the powers of the Orunmila to Wizard Of Ingoni, I have unleashed an army of seventy-two spirits and demons. The Eiye Efe will gaze from above as the summons of the spirits appear before your eyes. My cosmic powers have grown from the fears of deception and will reek havoc and spill the blood of the guilt. I have carved marks of evil into your conscience and your spiritual blindness will direct you to fall into the hands of proper authorities. The curse will begin when I attach this written segment of your soul you...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic