SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First Mail Shutdown....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TrainChatter
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I got introduced to scams only recently, and my first Lad, who I have to drop, is already running around!
I got his mail shutdown by Yahoo, and then he sent me a mail from his new account.
I sent him a message cancelling any transaction (the item has already been sold, he has my address!), but now I've received a new mail from a new account, looks like he didn't get my message.
Should I get this new one shutdown, or just blow him off anyway?
I have 6 further Lads on a string for the moment, so there'e no shortage of entertainment at my end?!?!?!?

Also, one of my lads is asking fopr a phone number, what's my best way of putting him to the most expensive inconvenience, should I get a pay as you talk phone for him, or use a webserver voicemail service. I have heard of a few, but what's the best to use.

Also, I gather if I become a premium member, I can get a "safe" address for trophy's etc....
I have a mentor, but have bneen unable to contact them as yet!!!

TC

i am having talks with a shipping company here in Sofia and they have informed me that they have an agent in the U.K who would be doing the pick-up and all the necessary documentation(dvla papers,log-book and the insurance and inspection cover).
(2)
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is this a phone scammer email? Because if it isn't then you are really doing the wrong thing!

Let me explain, if you shut down a normal scammer email account it only takes the lad a few minutes to make another and it stuffs up baiters baits plus it erases any information that could me used to make an arrest on the scammer. So please if it isn't a phone lad DONT shut down the email.

Oh and Welcome to Eater! Very Happy

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg

Last edited by Reaper on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TrainChatter wrote:
I got his mail shutdown by Yahoo, and then he sent me a mail from his new account.

This is a prime example of why we DONT get lad's emails closed down. You've proven to yourself that it doesn't stop them scamming, but more to the point it may stop a real victim discovering it's a scam (if they were to google the email address), and may interrupt an important bait (that may cause a lot of lad suffering or even lead to an arrest).

All in all, it's more damaging to our cause than to the lad's, and it's more hassle for you to get an account shut down than for a lad to open a new one.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay

Last edited by Ivor Grimey Colon on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi TrainChatter

Welcome to the Eater!

Just a quick word of advice, please don't shut down lad's email accounts unless they are Phone Lads (see phone lads section on this board).

The problem is that it doesn't affect the lads at all, they simply set up a new free account, and the decent scammers save all their contacts anyway.

But it DOES affect baiters, quite a lot.

Your lad may well have other baiters who are working him (maybe for a few months) and now he is uncontactable to them. This could cause a lot of problems for baiters, especially if they have been working him for a while, built up a lot of trust and a relationship, only to lose him from a killed addy which he can simply re-set up and scam other victims without the intervention of any baiters.

Don't worry, it was an honest mistake, and whilst it certainly seems like the right thing to do, it really achieves nothing and is counter-productive to baiting.

Your enthusiasm is great though, I suggest reading the stickies before venturing further with your baiting.

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
TrainChatter
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Conflicting information guys....

I have spent a lot of time reading through the stickys/forums/letters....but here we have some conflict...

Shutting down a scammers e-mail is the recommended response to receiving a scam (so all of the pro's indicate), and given this was a scam that wasn't being baited, it seemd like the right action to take, suerely this helps to interrupt scams to genuine victims...

That said, I can see the thinkingt behind your comments, but please remember, scambaiters are there to catch scammers, and interrup their activities, surely this makes more work for them, and gives real victims a plausible opportunity to get away!

Anyway, I guess I won't be getting any more shutdown, esp. as I am now baiting....

i am having talks with a shipping company here in Sofia and they have informed me that they have an agent in the U.K who would be doing the pick-up and all the necessary documentation(dvla papers,log-book and the insurance and inspection cover).
(2)
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
scambaiters are there to catch scammers, and interrup their activities, surely this makes more work for them, and gives real victims a plausible opportunity to get away!

Nope. Takes them about 2-3 minutes to make a new account, and if they think the victim is really on the hook, they'll find a way to get back to them.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
fashmo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heres a thread for you read

clicky

Please don't necro

The correction regarding your gender is noted.
The word sir is an official rerm used as a mark of respect irrespective of sex

Send to me your private phone number so as to enable me talk to you earball to earbell

Easter Egg 2013United Kingdom x 2
Italy x 1 Wheel of Rome
Netherlands x 1
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
but please remember, scambaiters are there to catch scammers, and interrup their activities, surely this makes more work for them, and gives real victims a plausible opportunity to get away!

Don't worry, i'm sure everyone knows what scambaiters are here to do.

Don't be too upset about it, it's a rookie mistake and you're not the first (or the last) to make it.

The point is that it achieves nothing but disrupting scambaiting. You know what happens when I get dropped by a lad? I set up a new account and bait him again from that one... easy as pie. And the lads do exactly the same thing.

If you're unsure at any time if what you're doing is 'best practice' do not hesitate to post in the Help section and people will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

If you're really interested in shutting down accounts I suggest you check out the phone lads section... that's their speciality and you can get some nice sig icons for your troubles.

Or the fake bank section where you can shut down fake bank sites the lads set up, very rewarding work that is.

Look forward to seeing you around! Wink

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Mortar x10
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ivor Grimey Colon wrote:
...but more to the point it may stop a real victim discovering it's a scam (if they were to google the email address)...

Does this happen very often? Is there a database somewhere on the net of scammer email addresses? If not should there be? This would be a way to point potential victims to a list that would be searchable, and confirm to them that indeed the person they're dealing with is a scammer.

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Nice of you to volunteer Josh! Very Happy

Mortar x10
Molok
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

.. i guess that would keep Josh occupied for couple decades.
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^Yes, THANK YOU Josh!!!!

clapping

--J.D.

P.S. Welcome to the forums, TrainChatter!

P.P.S. Two drink minimum. . . .

benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Is there a database somewhere on the net of scammer email addresses?

Try urgentmessage.org, http://www.repository.izone.me.uk/. Google a few lads email addies and you'll find some more.

And let me add my weight to the don't close argument. It's a waste of time and does more damage than good (unless it's phone lads) Wink

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i have recently lost a couple of my baits were their accounts have been shut down. its a complete pain in the arse when it does happen as things were just getting going.

phone lads is CAF for closing addys down,give it a go,you will enjoy it.you can still bait them and totally f*** them around from pillar to post and then shut their addys in.

good fun and very rewarding

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have just lost a safari because my laddie's yahoo a/c has been closed down, and I doubt that he would have have the nous to save my addy on another box... Confused

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, TrainChatter.

I hope this was not the account you had shut down as I was very eager to take on this lad. A few years ago, the town I lived in (in Florida) was largely destroyed by a hurricane, so this particular lad especially revolted me. I was really looking forward to baiting this one. From the looks of it I was not the only one, either.

As everyone else has already mentioned, shutting down their emails does a hell of a lot more harm than good.
TrainChatter
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys (Simba esp.) apologies,
I don't think I got your guy shutdown Simba, but even so, on reflection maybe I haven't helped, but I hope I haven't hindered!!!

Anyway,
couple of things, I saw somewhere about the phone numbers (voicemail) that you can sign up to, 1 of my Lads is demanding a phone number, so I want to give him the run around.
Also, I wanted to provide an address where a bankers cheque can be sent to. I understand I may be able to get help with this if I become a premium member (more than happy to join).

If anyone can repeat the info here, it would help...

Perhaps we need a library of info here, somewhere to quickly look up things like Online phone services, I know the info's on the pages here somewhere, but it can be hard trawling through it all sometimes.
Fake, friendly websites would also help, I guess as a premium member some more of these will be available?

Anyway, there's some great points here, I hope I am falling into line, and I'm looking forward to getting my lads working.

(2)
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No worries, TrainChatter.

It is an obvious thing: to report the e-mail. When I first discovered 419, I thought, "HA! I will shut down their e-mails! THEN THEY WILL WEEP!" as if the Lad has only one e-mail account!

Then I came HERE, read the stickies . . . voila!

Same with a practice this board does not endorse. I found HERE following links from a person who convinced a Lad to send him $100. "Cool!" methinks.

Then I read the sticky from Shiv.

So, have fun, bait safe, et cetera. Everyone is working together to spread pain and suffering upon Lads.

--J.D.

Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As said previously, no worries, mate.

For phone numbers and other great stuff you can use for your baits, go look at the baiters toolkit and you will find the phone number services, along with a lot more.
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are looking for a safe address to get checks and such mailed to you by the lads, you can get access to them by becoming a premium member. Baiting the check lads is a lot of fun especially since they think you have cashed their checks and owe them. The rants you can get out of them are top of the line! Very Happy

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TrainChatter wrote:
Guys (Simba esp.) apologies,
I don't think I got your guy shutdown Simba, but even so, on reflection maybe I haven't helped, but I hope I haven't hindered!!!

No hard feelings TrainChatter, the odds of it being you that shut down Pastor Samuel's a/c would be astronimical.

Besides, you were only doing what you thought best, and I am sure that you could probably count on one hand the number of Eater members that would have done exactly the same as you did, before they immersed themselves in the murky waters of scam baiting... Laughing

Welcome on board...

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

one thing we all forgot is ISP's do regulate how many e mails are being sent
from an account,so if they suspect someone is spamming they just close the account down.

not one of us here can tell you when it happens but it does.

again welcome,bait safe and read all the stickies and never be afraid to
ask for help/advice from anyone.we all are still learning

Wink

Death man walking.
Molok
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What is the standard practice of ISPs in case spammer has different address as reply-to ??

- only sending account closed
- or both

I would think that only the sending account, because otherwise i could at any time shut-down my annoying neighbours e-mail accounts..

I have noticed that many scammers use in their bulk sending addresses like: [email protected] and reply-to is: [email protected]
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

there we go, you managed to answer your own question.

no probs

Death man walking.
rumbero
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Strong suggestion to baiters.

If you think you have the lad and is ready to to do just about anything for you. Ask him to write your addy in a notebook and place it in a safe place.

You never know when an account can be closed. Loosing a safari because someone closed the account hurts.

@ simba: Sorry to hear about your safari. I know the time and effort it goes in setting a safari.

Pith Helmet Lagos to Ghana Opus Dei Templar
Pith Helmet Nukuru to Mombasa 1,500 kms van donation
Pith Helmet Co bait with SlowFreddy Sao Tome island to Gabon Pith Helmet Lagos to Abuja Co, donation
YOUR WIFE WILL GIVE BIRTH TO A MONKEY, YOU ARE GOING TO SUFFER FROM EPILEPTIC,
LET YOUR MOTHER FUCK YOUR BEST FRIEND. LET YOUR FATHER FUCK A MAD STREET WOMAN, USELESS INTERNET FRAUDSTER. (barrister Dan )
I bet u , soon , u will be laying in a close casket ,
will make u understand that i'm a spiritual man (Makinwa the retarded mugu)
in juses name u will dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
( Makinwa)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic