SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Explain this trick

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SRSL1wouZo

Forget the part about how the magician knows what the the woman's card is, I already know. What I'd like to know is how he manages to "force" the ball to end up near the selected card?

I know it's not camera trickery, and I know the woman isn't a stooge. I actually saw this trick live several years ago (Mike Massey does this also) and on a full size snooker table, which was even more impressive that this video. I'd forgotten all about it until I happened upon this recoding today.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well IF the woman is a set-up then she knows where to aim the ball..

But besides that my other 2 ideas are - perhaps its a trick deck when yo9u show them one way its all a "normal deck" shown the other way its all say the 9 of diamonds - I used to have a deck this way...

another is you see him line up the shot. he moves the cue ball at just the last second - and physics -

But if its not any of these then I am out of guesses unless its the table is rigged.

But if you want to know how haunted house tricks work - i know those from working in the field for 10+ years. I wouldnt recommend this if you are a BIG fan of doing them at halloween - i went to a "very scary" one at amusement park and i could see things coming a mile away.

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
FourFlusher
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Magic. Very Happy

I don't have a clue, but, will you tell us about the card selection?
Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

EDIT: Deleted for numbskullery Embarassed

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It does look like he forced the card on her, it sorta jumps out of the deck while she's choosing. Then you can't see his hands, but, he could easily switch decks to all the same cards.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know much about magic tricks, but I do know it's pretty easy to keep track of a card once it's replaced in a deck 'randomly'. He then spreads the cards all over the table (notice he doesn't let anyone else help) knowing exactly where the card is. The woman is standing right next to him and he positions the cueball for her. She gives a typically 'girlie' shot and lo, the ball goes exactly where he knows it will and stops pretty much where he predicts too. It's all physics innit.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ but he doesn't tell her where to aim...

i think it's a simple deck of 9 diamonds, easy as.

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
GranolaBar
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

same thought, esp. considering that he never showed the deck...

:)Phil

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No way the outcome was shot dependent. Maybe if she was a confidant, and was Willie Moscone's daughter.
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He is probably using something similar to a mirage card deck.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Red is right!

The original deck is a stacked deck made up of different cards AND a large number of 9 of diamonds. He carefully spreads the different cards face up on the table with all the 9's underneath - notice how neat he makes the spread. When he picks up the cards and turns them over, he offers the women (with the nice tummy) only the 9's on top with the different ones hidden below.

Then notice when he asks her to show the card to the camera we can't see where the deck of cards is at that time. The deck is in his right hand - as she (unintentionally) misdirects the viewer to her 9 of diamonds - HE SWITCHES THE DECK - to a deck that is all nines.

She makes the shot - it doesn't matter where the ball ends up 'cause dey be all nines on dat table mon.

Stacked deck and misdirection - any old pirate should know that Shiv Wink
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If the trick is switching decks when the camera left him and focused on the chosen card then it isn�t that impressive. If he were able to switch decks without anyone (in camera) noticing then he is definitely using a mirage deck to �force� the chosen card.

Gold Hat wrote:
The original deck is a stacked deck made up of different cards AND a large number of 9 of diamonds. He carefully spreads the different cards face up on the table with all the 9's underneath - notice how neat he makes the spread. When he picks up the cards and turns them over, he offers the women (with the nice tummy) only the 9's on top with the different ones hidden below.

You just (kind of) described a mirage card deck Smile

[edit] speaking of pirates and mirage card decks� am I the only member here who has spent more then five minutes at Disneyland�s magic shop Laughing

Learn more about a Mirage deck

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
rentacow
Master Baiter

Location: Known Universe, Virgo Super-cluster, Local Group, Milkyway Galaxy, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All the cards are the same... That's my best guess. Rolling Eyes

Dan (Stu) "I'm in the Bahamas sipping a cocktail on a boat."
Lad "What?"
Dan (Stu) "I'm in the Bahamas sipping a cocktail on a boat!"
Lad "I can't hear you."
Dan (Stu) "Good."
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
You just (kind of) described a mirage card deck Smile

I am thinking you may be right Ghostie - now I am dazed and confused. Wouldn't ya know it eh! Shiver - that rat bastard - has stirred it up again - he not only gets people to carve silly things but also research his card tricks Shocked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Card_force

http://www.thegag.com/freemagicforce.html

http://www.trickmagic.com/classic_force.htm

VIDEO
http://hobbies.expertvillage.com/videos/force-card-part1.htm

Mirage Deck

Video � click to enlarge � shows how the guy did the first part

http://www.wizmomagic.co.uk/mirage-deck-p-56.html

Video � music sucks but this one shows the trick in the simplest form
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRe0vlx9viY&mode=related&search=

I still think he switches the deck at the end though. Laughing
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, here's the deal (no pun intended)

It's all about the deck of cards that are spread on the table. If you notice, the 'magician' does not alow any one else to touch the cards.

The original cards, (and to make this seem an even better trick when stood next to the magician...) may be the one's spread on the table, but they are double sided. It's a simple trick.

When she shoots the cue ball, whatever she lands on or near, will be the card she chose because that way up, they are all the same card.

If the magician were to turn every card on the table back over, and here's the slight (slite?) of hand bit and why only he touches the cards, it would produce a different card, therefore, capturing your mind into the illusion even further.

It's quite a simple, slite of hand trick Wink

(Is that the way one should spell 'slite'? Or should it be 'slight'? Maybe I should look it up...)

Pretty Rose

pony
Gendo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sleight is the word you're looking for I believe Smile

United Kingdom (On my first baiting too!)

Taking a hiatus from baiting as college and moderating another forum are taking their toll. Very Happy
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thankyou Gendo Wink

Pretty Rose

pony
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He's using a "Mirage Deck". I won't tell you how it works, but it's dead simple.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah what i said in the first post Smile

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Explain how that deck works Wendy... couldn't figure it out. Embarassed

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hard to trick an Eater member for long. Red and Gold Hat are right. The first deck is roughed. Its a deck of 24 diamonds with the face roughed. The backs of the other 24 are also roughed. When put together, they don't slide. Its easy to fan then on a pool table as long as constant pressure is applied and have the random 24 show. The clue is when he asks her to point at the card she wants. If a person took a roughed card, they would get two.

The black outfit helps to hide the deck swap during the revealing close up of the card. Everyone wants to see that.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ This is all I could find on Wiki and Google but it tends to agree with what CLG has just pointed out.

Wiki - Rough Cards:
cards which have been treated with substance to increase surface friction, making it easier to keep cards aligned to each other.

Google similar idea for the trick:
Red and Black.
A pack of cards is shuffled by the audience. The magician takes it and deals it into two heaps. When they are turned up, the reds are in one pile, the blacks in the other!
Method: Obtain two packs of cards that have the same pattern, but one with cushion finish and the other without.

The cards will look exactly alike. Make the red cards smooth ones, and the black cards rough ones. In dealing, you can tell which is which every time you touch a card.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

p.s. � Don�t tell any of this to that mean �I won't tell you how it works� Windypoops.
Imagine that � he won�t even tell Shiver Shocked (who could then PM all of us)
Masked Magician
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Speaking from my experience as a semi-pro magician for over 10 years. I do not believe "roughed" cards were used. It's hard to tell from a video, but in a regular close quarters audience situation it wouldn't be safe to use gimmicked cards or a deck of all nines. Since it was being taped though, it's alot easier to get by without an audience member saying "let me see that deck", therefore he likely switched to a deck of all nines when his hand went to his side (easily accomplished with the right pockets and lots of practice and not dependent on the camera cutting of of him, you wouldn't notice if you were standing right next to him). Just as likely though, the girl is his regular assistant and they just do what all magicians do, which is practice practice practice.

I wouldn't doubt it if they were lovers, beacause as everybody knows, hot chicks love magicians (and they're not dorks). Very Happy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt it if they were lovers, beacause as everybody knows, hot chicks love magicians (and they're not dorks). Very Happy

/trains to become a magician

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay they really are dorks, but hot chicks do dig 'em. Not.

So, you still up for that training?

First lesson: Get a deck of cards and two quarters. Then hold the deck in your............

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic