SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Peter Sellers would spin in his grave

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From Digital Spy:

Quote:
Four new stars have signed up to star in the upcoming movie Pink Panther 2 alongside Steve Martin.

Andy Garcia (Ocean's Thirteen), John Cleese (Shrek the Third), Alfred Molina (The Da Vinci Code and Aishwarya Rai (Guru) have all agreed to appear in the sequel.

According to Variety Cleese will play Chief Inspector Dreyfus, while Garcia, Molina and Rai will play detectives and experts who help Clouseau try and catch a thief who has been stealing worldwide artifacts.

Jean Reno and Emily Mortimer will also be returning for the second installment which is due to be released in 2009.

Did anyone watch the first outing of this Godawful pile of crap? I did, for about 15 minutes. How the hell did they get funding for another soon-to-be abomination Shocked

EDIT: Fixed subject title to avoid further mockery!

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.

Last edited by Shiver Metimbers on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I walked out of the first one after 10 minutes, I was just so embarrassed. I've only ever done that twice in my life, but I couldn't stomach it any longer.

As you say, god knows how they got funding for a second one. The first one, I believe, dived at the box office and on DVD.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Gendo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're right, they should stop making these new Pink Panther movies. It's not a tribute to peter sellers, it's an insult.

Nobody could play Clouseau like Sellers did.

<edited my post because I need to learn how to spell Clouseau -- Gendo.>

United Kingdom (On my first baiting too!)

Taking a hiatus from baiting as college and moderating another forum are taking their toll. Very Happy

Last edited by Gendo on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Petter Sellers?? [gets revenge for my 418 typo, but probably an insta-ban too Very Happy ]

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[Large amounts of anatomically imaginative, yet impossible, profanity removed.--Ed.]

In a store with a good Mentor from whom I receive most of my highest quality Chopsocki, I stared at a wall filled with "Inspector Clouseau" abomination.

I looked at him and wondered, "so when are they going to remake The Holy Grail? With Will Farrell and Rob Schneider?"

Hollywood would do that.

It must be destroyed.

--J.D.

JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hollywood = profit. Enough people must have gone to see the first one to justify the second. One can only hope that enough people felt burned by the first to avoid the second.

Steve Martin should go back to what he's really good at: doing movies with Queen Latifah where he tries to rap. Boy, that's some humor right there.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shiver metimbers wrote:
Did anyone watch the first outing of this Godawful pile of crap?

Hey yeuw . . . Shivair-swine - pardonez moi - but ah - do yeuw 'ave a leesense for zat pet minkey?

Sellers is a genius - Steve Martin is . . . .

'Nuff said - my favourite Clouseau of all time -

CLICKY Zat is not my dog Laughing
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As JMRazor said. They will keep crapping out remakes and sequels of/to every classic until people get so sick of it that they don't buy it anymore. Then they move on to cannibalise the next classic. And the sad thing is that people actually buy into it, be it whether the flick has "Hollywood" written all over it or because they liked the original and are naive/hopeful enough to expect that today's technology will be used to make a classic even better. An American version of Ringu? it's got 50% less story than the original, but 200% more jump-in-your-seat action. A remake of Omen? Calling the acting an eyesore would be bragging, but looky, it's got automatic guns and a SWAT team!

(As for Peter Sellers, we all know that the opening to Trail of the Pink Panther has got it right...)

(Edit - Also, I find it interesting that, of everything the man has done, John Cleese is associated with "Shrek the Third" in that announcement. Maybe it's only me, but isn't that kinda like saying "he once farted in an elevator" when your child asks you about Einstein?)

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
Mr Creosote
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw the trailers and din't want to sully my memories of the original by trying to watch Steve Martin.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Say what you want about Steve Martin now, but in his younger years he was brilliant. If anyone claims they can watch the movie The Jerk without laughing, I'll say you have a heart of stone. Some of his older SNL stuff was hilarious too. IHe has some other ones that are good as well: 3 Amigos, Leap of Faith, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels- to name a few.

He also had some really bad stuff: Roxanne, The Man With Two Brains and, apparently, The Pink Panther. I really scratched my head when I saw him do a movie with Queen Latifa. It bothers me when people make movies like that. And people flock to the theater like drones to see that mindless garbage. But hey, each to their own.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bankster wrote:
(Edit - Also, I find it interesting that, of everything the man has done, John Cleese is associated with "Shrek the Third" in that announcement. Maybe it's only me, but isn't that kinda like saying "he once farted in an elevator" when your child asks you about Einstein?)

I am reminded of what happened when Cleese sold the American rights to Fawlty Towers for a huge some of money. He was interviewed on the topic and in commenting on American television he remarked that the first thing they did was to write Basil out of the script. Shocked Cleese could barely control his laughter.

John Lennon once said that "if you missed it the first time around - then you missed it". Laughing
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I find it interesting the way that the film they credit John Cleese as appearing in as Shrek The Third. Becuase he's never been in anything bigger than that, or where you'd recognise his face... Rolling Eyes

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Steve Martin was great in his early days. Sadly he got all serious and up himself; the downfall of many a man/woman Smile

eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Bilko; Phil Silvers was fantastic in a comedy show that can still hold it's own. Steve Martin's film of it was shite.

I agree with jojobean that some of Martin's early stuff was very good but he's out of his depth these days.

get your baiting forms here
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Ivor Grimley Colon

I thought that too when I saw Cleese been mentioned, I mean, forget all that Python stuff he did Rolling Eyes

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I once saw an interview with Steve Martin (who is actually quite introverted) and he doesn't like half the movies he does.

Incidentally, I can only assume you mean "Bringin' Down The House" which I must say - I loved. Laughing Yeah yeah...shut up. It's great.

Anyway, he was really upset over "Bilko" and stopped doing movies for a while. I think that's when he wrote "Picasso at the Lapine Agile" which is really really good. Pink Panther WAS pretty awful....but I don't think he intended it to be the same story or caliber at all.

It's like improv, sort of....he took an IDEA of the character, and attempted to create something completely different. .....and it did terribly it seems.

Quote:
"so when are they going to remake The Holy Grail? With Will Farrell and Rob Schneider?"

That's hilarious! Wink

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ivor Grimey Colon wrote:
I find it interesting the way that the film they credit John Cleese as appearing in as Shrek The Third. Becuase he's never been in anything bigger than that, or where you'd recognise his face... Rolling Eyes

It seems to be a style thing that's been around for a while - only mention the last film s/he's been in when referencing an actor. Case in point, albeit from way back; "Lawrence Olivier (The Betsy)". OMG...

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:
Say what you want about Steve Martin now, but in his younger years he was brilliant.

Brilliantly sucked.

Quote:
If anyone claims they can watch the movie The Jerk without laughing, . . .

Can. Sucked.

Quote:
3 Amigos,

Sucked.

Quote:
Leap of Faith,

Sucked.

Quote:
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Sucked.

Quote:
He also had some really bad stuff:

See above.

The youth today . . . just do not understand culture.

--J. "HEY! YOU! Get Off My LAWN!!" D.

P.S. @yastreb:

Quote:
It seems to be a style thing that's been around for a while - only mention the last film s/he's been in when referencing an actor

South Park jokes about that by referring to Steven Speilberg as "the director of Always and 1941!!"

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even Peter Sellers was unhappy about the later Pink Panther movies.

The only Steve Martin movie I remember enjoying was Bowfinger.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bowfinger is probably the best of Martin's recent(ish) work. Its been about 15 years since I last saw it, but I think All of Me is probably my favourite Steve Martin film.

The False Italian
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.
SherlockHolmie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Andy Garcia, John Cleese, Alfred Molina, Aishwarya Rai, Jean Reno, Emily Mortimer...

Sounds like the celebrity panelists on Blankety Blanks '07 with Steve Martin in the Les Dawson role Laughing Laughing Laughing

"You are a stopid man." - Barr Choy Choong
"Hello Mr Dear and Dumb" - Usman Danququ
"We can not entertain any more insubordinations from you!" - Roberto Correras, United Nations, Cote d'Ivorie Branch
Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles was just about perfect for Martin. However, must admit that most of his stuff leaves me feeling oddly embarrassed. As for Sellers, it doesn't get much better than his multiroled tour de force in Dr. Strangelove.

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For me, Sellers was at his best in THEGS - The Highly Esteemed Goon Show!

Seriously, he had such talent with voices that on one show, when he was absent, they had to get 4 separate voice actors to cover for him Shocked

When Milligan was absent on one show, Sellers covered for him, and nobody could tell the difference between voices Very Happy

And if you're wondering how a 17 year-old knows about something as old as the Goon Show, I'd chalk it up to having a dad in his 60s who loved the show Very Happy

United Kingdom (On my first baiting too!)

Taking a hiatus from baiting as college and moderating another forum are taking their toll. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic