SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Vector Marketing Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
pyosisification
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Today I went to an interview for Vector. As soon as I walked in, I smelled scam. They invited me back for another interview next week and I want to humiliate them in person.

Ideas?
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Item 1.
Explain who or what Vector is.

Item 2.
Provide some evidence of the scam you claim.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Item 3.
Where do you want to humiliate their alleged wrongdoings?

a) OGDENVILLE
b) NORTH HAVERBROOK
c) BROCKWAY
d) SOMEWHERE ELSE (SPECIFY)

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
pyosisification
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vector Marketing is a subsidary of Cutco, the knife manufacturer.

The whole deal is that you get a call from a representative over the phone saying that someone reccommended you for the job and to come in for a in interview as soon as possible. You don't need to bring a form of ID, birth certificate, or social security or anything to prove that you are you. You go through a two hour seminar on what you're selling (knives door-to-door) and how to sell them.

Basically, everyone that you show the presentation to, you have to get them to reccommend two more people to you so you can go off and show them and they get two more people, building a pyramid of clients. They say you get paid $18.25 an hour, but it's actually $18.25 every hour long presentation. They don't cover your gas mileage charges going from appointment to appointment and the only way you can make money is by getting new clients.

After you get hired the first time, they call you in for training, which is three days of 7 hour seminars, unpaid, telling you how to sell the product. At the end of the seminars, you have to buy the knives in order to show them off. The knives cost around $170 and if you don't buy them right there, they bump the price up to $350.

In a nutshell, you go to about 20 hours of unpaid meetings, you have to buy the product before you can work, you don't get clients from the company, when you do get a client they have to meet a certain criteria, and everyone that shows up for the interview gets hired. If you look up "Vector Marketing Scam" on Google, read the first few entries and you can see how they rip everyone off.

I want to humiliate them in D) SOMEWHERE ELSE (King of Prussia.)
guineagirl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suppose you could come with a group of friends dressed as over the top drag queens, zombies or chickens, and act very enthusiastic about the product.
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vector copped a fair savaging from ACCC, Australia's "leading" body against unfair practices et al.
Generally you have to be pretty bad to even get a mention from ACCC.

You can read their findings here
CLICKY http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/351240?refreshCache=1

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
Micho Rizo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I actually worked for Vector(Cutco) one summer while in college. It did kind of suck to have to buy your own knives. But I will tell you, they are good knives. My main selling point(a true one) was that my parents received a knife set as a wedding gift 25 years ago....and they are still just as sharp as the new ones. Its just a straight up self paced business. They give you percentages of what you sell, and you raise your percentage based on the amount you sell. It worked well for me, just for a summer, because I knew a lot of well off people. I ended up being a top seller. You just have to be motivated, know people, and make appointments on your own.

I think the way they do scam you is where it says....XXX amount of money per base appointment. Then, if you don't sell you have to prove that you were there so you get whatever amount of dollars per hour that they say.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic