SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How silly can you go?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Trapdoor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All

As a newbie to this I just can't seem to reign in my imagination when i respond to scammers - however i do seem to be able to get away with the daftest of emails. Do the scammers actually read the initial emails and understand what is in them? and just how silly can you be and get away with it?

Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you mention the prospect of them getting money, they'll read that part. You can write just about anything else and they won't even notice.

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What I've found is if you keep your first reply short, to the point, and fairly believable, then a lot of them will read it and respond to what you write. The party-line of "They never read your first reply" is, in my opinion, too much of a simplification of what really happens.

The real mistake is overloading a first reply with too many details, too much narrative, too many things to take in for the initial contact.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are so many lads in the world unfortunately that any generalisation is wrong. Some will not read your first email and simply scan it to see if you are willing or not to play along, others simply press that reply button and insert script email number two. It all greatly depends on the ladyou have on the hook. I found out that especially love scammers do not take the time to properly read your mails until you hit the payment stage, but once again there will surely be exceptions. I would say: give it a try and find out Very Happy

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can get away with most anything you can think of - but it depends on how you lay it on them. You probably can't start off with "I'm a Martian let me know where to park my spacecraft" - that doesn't work - I tried Very Happy

If you draw them in and lead them in slowly in a manner that attracts and interests them with no major shocks, then you can achieve a lot.

A Lad will BITE a bait when he replies, but you can never assume he is HOOKED. He may be paying more attention to the money you offer him than the tale you tell. So always make the smell of money fresh in his nostrils, and assume he is nodding his head to keep YOU hooked. He may consider that he is mentally superior and humouring you, which in itself is a good sign.

Start off short and sweet and if you have some complex plan at the start just some tiny mention will do. Write from Cape Canaveral Astronaut Training Centre. Plant a seed then make it grow. Wink

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that the adventures of Chilly Jimmy may help answer your question. Be sure to follow the link in the first post before reading the rest of the thread.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Molok
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

New on to this also. About first answer to scam-mail. I have understood that you should not lay all your (invented) life, and problems on the first mail. But would some sort of doubt about the "luck" that has faced you / mixed with underlying interest of the money work on average ??

Or would the simplest: "Great. How do i get my money?", pass on the initial filter, and get you further, till 2-3 post, to those that are not copy+pasted ??

Molok
SomethingFishy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Simple and to the point seems to get the highest return rate for the first few mails, after they've got a picture in their mind of a good victim, you can start to edge them off script.

This sticky is your friend. Smile Welcome to the Eater.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I generally start of slow "this sounds interesting" "is this safe"...etc. Then I try to get them off script by slowing writing longer and longer emails. I've found that works. They will pretty much believe anything with a money sign or a belief that they will get money.
Molok
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, and Trapdoor - i am not trying to hijack this thread or anything.

So, you have suggested:
- simple first answers, not too long
- let the interest show
- not to show much knowledge about anything, as that might scare them off / act dumb but enthusiastic

I don't want to waste too much of time in these initial answers either - you don't know do you have "good", later talkative lad on the other side.
Trapdoor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All

I asked a lad to prove to me that he was a god fearing man and went into such great detail about how I knew Devil worshippers and goat blood drinkers that I really thought he would see through it. He has replied with equally protracted details about his church activities and apparently, his home address and passport number hahaha.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic