SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sending money by WUXFER can net a lucky sender $$ with WU

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Alcathiax
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

About a few hours ago, a friend of mine who is a member of another group of scam baiters received an email. The email comes from Western Union.

Apparently, WU is running a promotion:

I have dreaded many things already about scammers, but I could not have ever imagined this!

The worst part about this is that it is a REAL and ACTUAL promotion! Grrr! Evil or Very Mad

Here is the LINKY to the page. Any questions?

"If it 'aint Boeing, I ain't going!"

"A lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a thousand men with guns." - Mario Puzo. Obviously, Mario hasn't seen the Yahoo Yahoo Bois (tm) yet! Very Happy
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
every time you send a qualifying money transfer to Africa, you get a chance to win

Why only to Africa? What are they trying to promote? Confused
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Umm, you guys do know that this is bullshit, right? Somebody is taking the piss.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Alcathiax
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So, are you suggesting that we contact the webmaster for Western Union and tell 'em that someone's compromised their webservers? The original URL is on mailings.westernunion.com but redirects to b1live.com.

My post is right above yours- no need to quote me. Wink TS

"If it 'aint Boeing, I ain't going!"

"A lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a thousand men with guns." - Mario Puzo. Obviously, Mario hasn't seen the Yahoo Yahoo Bois (tm) yet! Very Happy
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As TSnerd said, there is no mention of this "promotion" on Western Union's website. As for the domain, "mailings.westernunion.com" doesn't exist per Netcraft. A google search of "mailings.westernunion.com" pulls up a crapload of spam/ phishing emails, and the instant redirection to a page on b1live.com is VERY suspect.

I smell bullshit.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can contact them if you want, Alcathiax, but I doubt they can do anything about it.

The best thing to do, just like any other thing like this that goes out on mass mailing, is let your friends know that it isn't true so that they don't propagate it.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Further research: westernunion.com is hosted on a dedicated server at IP 206.201.227.250.
mailings.westernunion.com tracks to 216.73.89.11, Double Click, Inc.
WU's servers are just fine. I think I know how the spammers are doing this, but it's not for public consumption.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Tigbitties
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Would it be alright to use that link for baiting to wind up the lads.

I�d like to send that link to my lads and tell them how sorry I am that their WU payment didn�t work out but on a positive note I�ve won the $25,000 WU cash giveaway prize.

Every cloud�..

Click here for Singing Lads and listen to the back catalogue for talented lads singing. Includes Bohemian Rhapsody, Postman Pat, The Lumberjack Song, Nellie the Elephant, Old Macdonald Had a Farm, Money - That's what I Want and many more.
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^BWA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

Oh, man, I needed that!!!!

Do it, and let us know the result!

--J.D.

onyenekwu
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The guy in the banner looks cool and has a perfect set of teeth, I think he would nt know about scams.Those dollar bills look real to me too.

Iam an honest man, my father used to say , 'you can't cheat an honest man', but i think he too heard that line from someone else.

Western union does give out dodgy shampoos and colourful bags, i dont know if they ever do cash promotions.
UncleNed
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It could be a picture they found from somewhere else and put it there to make it seem more real. Adding people to images like that is photoshop 101.

"Your life is a monument to stupidity, I am breathless that anyone or anything in our universe can really be this stupid. You are a primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid you LITTLE SHIT !! " Raymond Hanz of Fnaz Kapitial (Now behind bars)

"YOU CAN CUT YOUR DIG AND EAT IT, YOU LOUSY FOOOOOOOL............" Sani Suleman Listen to him on the Radio (Starts at 19 minutes)
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And now, we all know why real victims fall for these scams that we think are so easy to spot Embarassed

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic