SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

6 arrests in Holland over "massive" internet scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From today's Melbourne Age newspaper:

Quote:
Six men have been arrested in the Netherlands over an alleged internet scam that cost an Australian $US1.5 million ($1.76 million), police said today.

The six, taken into custody last week, are believed to be part of a west African network, police said. Five of them are from West Africa, including two Nigerians, they added.

The men are suspected of extorting the money from a 49-year-old Australian man after promising him, by email, a lucrative business contract worth $US90 million ($105.42 million), according to police.

"We are talking about a massive fraud using marketing techniques," said Harry Jongkind, coordinator of a Dutch police operation dedicated to internet-based scams.

"Any type of fraud that uses telecommunications: the internet, email or fax, often involves demanding the payment of costs in advance and before being able to touch the bonanza ... which the victim in the end will never get a glimpse of," Mr Jongkind said in the central city of Haarlem.

These scams usually involved foreign bank accounts, he added.

"And the crooks are never located in the same country as their victim in order to make police cooperation difficult."

In the Australian's case, the alleged scam started a year ago in Japan before spreading to other countries, and then ended in Amsterdam where he came for an appointment with his alleged business partners.

After advancing large sums of money, supposedly for such things as notary fees, the Australian finally started getting the idea that he was being ripped off, police said.

He alerted Dutch police who were then able to arrest the three suspected swindlers in an Amsterdam hotel where they had arranged to meet the Australian with a suitcase full of money claiming it would soon be his.

Another meeting in an office building in Abcoude led to the three other arrests.

Dutch police since October have been involved in a program to specifically track down fraud over the internet. They have made 74 arrests and seized lists of email addresses of targeted victims.

The fraudsters - as many as 18,000 in Europe - are very inventive, experts say. They reproduce the internet websites of major international banks and open accounts with borrowed names and fake companies.

As for the victims, those who have filed complaints have paid the scam artists anywhere from 8,500 to 2.5 million euros ($13,700 to $4.03 million), police say.

AFP

I've noticed that the Dutch police seem to be pretty on the ball when it comes to catching lads. And I bet that Australian is from Queensland [runs and hides]

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\

Last edited by Gnasher on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone missing a Lad or two?

--J.D.

Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are plenty of other L.E.A s that could learn a thing or two from the Dutchies....

Top marks to them, they are doing a great job.. Very Happy

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Six down, 18,994 left to go. Very Happy

Might be a drop in the ocean, but any victory is a good victory. Chalk one up for the good guys! This calls for a beer...
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

$1.75Million is a goodly sum to miss before starting to tumble that it was a ripoff.

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw the lad from "Chop yur Dollar" music video was arrestedon a scam

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It works like an avalanche. Arresting scammers is indeed a drop in the ocean when you look at the estimated number of lads in Amsterdam, but they are fleeing the country and consider the Netherlands not a good country to be scamming from. Problem of course is that they establish new communities in other cities. London is on the rise last I heard and a lot of lads are moving to Germany as well. Most of those stats are unreliable though - I hear loads of different numbers and stories.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
HAYWOOD JABLOWME
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Read about this poor dude.

FUCK YOU BASTARD U DEY MAD TO YAM LIKE THAT I KNOW SAY UR MUGU DEY
WAY.WHY U THINK SAY I GO PUT SAND FOR UR GARRI MONKEY
Jaime_Lannister
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Get them out of this country as fast they can.
We do not need those bawbags.

Fuck 'em.l

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic