SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Your first 419 Email

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone remember their first 419 Email and what they made of it?

The first one I ever received was in my University Email inbox when I was about 19. These days I know nothing about the Internet which is twice as much as I knew back then, I was (almost) the kind of person 419 scammers love.

As far as I can remember it was a next of kin scam but at the time I had no idea what a 419 scam was so I wasn't really taking notes. I knew nothing of online scams and back then I was a trusting, idealistic and even it is fair to say quite a gullible young man. However luckily the idealistic part of my character made me think twice about responding, the whole proposal just sounded really dodgy and illegal to me despite the mails protestations to the contrary. I'm glad it wasn't a legal looking proposal like a lottery scam otherwise I would have probably fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

Despite the scammers requests to keep the whole thing confidential I told a friend of mine about the mail I received and I'm glad I did because saying it out loud confirmed to me how ridiculous the whole thing sounded. Someone who didn't know me wanted to give me a truckload of cash for doing next to nothing. My friend who was a little more technically savvy than me also confirmed it was a scam.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Back when I was 15....It was a Coca Cola Lottery scam which I dragged out to 2 months!

(It was a baiting account, and I just joined this forum)

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg

Last edited by Reaper on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Believe it or not, I've never ever recieved one in any of my genuine accounts. Only when I started baiting a few months back did I see my first one!

I must have been either very careful (unlikely) or just very lucky.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't recall the first 419 scam email I ever received (I will definitely have a copy of it as I have every email I've sent sent/received backed up since 1999) however I do remember the first ever 419 related site/forum I ever posted on, and that was Quatloos on the 31st July 2003. It was the first time that the word 419eater was ever used Smile

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was on air in 1996 and reading the studio emails, when I noticed one from a guy in Nigeria offering millions.
I didn't get it, so I rang my Dad to ask him. (He'd been in computers for years )He said it was a load of crap and they asked for fees upfront etc. I asked him how he knew this and that's when I discovered Daddy had a secret life. He'd been straight baiting them for a while!
He doesn't bait any more, but I send him the odd one of mine that makes me laugh and he sends me ideas.
I guess this baiting thing runs in the genes Laughing

Pretty Rose

pony
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugatu wrote:
Believe it or not, I've never ever recieved one in any of my genuine accounts. Only when I started baiting a few months back did I see my first one!

Same with me. I had never received one until I actively encouraged it.

it wasn't me wrote:
that's when I discovered Daddy had a secret life. He'd been straight baiting them for a while!

What a heart warming story.... Very Happy

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Buck Turgidson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My first was the Ol' oil tycoon killed in a plane crash in Nigeria, I was selected to help his accountant get the money out of the country & away from corrupt government officials Rolling Eyes

Didn't know that much about baiting back then but gave him a merry run around anyway & lots of lad downtime in the cafe. Laughing

Didn't take it seriously for a second, no such thing as free lunch as they say Wink

DOCTOR SAID I SHOULD BRING SOME MONEY SO THAT HE CAN WASH HER WOMB VERY WELL- Rev Joe

I believe that this was done by some imposters or herkers who manipulate mails through the internet. Rev Joe

THANK YOU TO BAYTERZ ALL AROUND THE WORLD, YOUR WORK IS APPRICIATED (joe yet again)
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received several snail mail, hand written 419s back in the 1980s (!!!) but my first email was about 10? years ago from a lad telling me about the famous trunkbox of cash that needed to be 'repatriated'. Being a voracious reader of magazines and newspapers I knew it was a scam and deleted it unfortunately. I had a few more over the years and then a couple of years ago I got one to which I replied "I know this is a scam and I hope you rot in jail". This provoked a stream of magnificent death threats in large, red, bold capital letters (none of which I kept unfortunately) and that's when I decided to do some investigating and found 418Eater. The rest, as they say, is history Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

418eater was a failure. What can I say....

Shiver's scammer trophies.
HellRyder
Pale Tracker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First one I got was in 1998... still have it... about funds in the Federal Government Contract Review Board in the sum of $31M... I was offered 20% for my services...

Good times... Wink

United Kingdom x2 United States x2 Nigeria
Mortar 's
Closed lad accounts 's

Pith Helmet ARK: Tamale (Ghana) - Porto Novo (Benin): "it is a Hollywood movie"

Get your ninja sword and throwing stars here
NO MENTOR & NEW TO BAITING? Here's how to do it!
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Late 90's some time. I never believed it and just deleted it. After that I would occasionally take the script and look it up to confirm my scamming suspicions. I was looking up one earlier this year and came across 419baiter which introduced me into scam baiting and followed his links to here.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
babyboyuk81
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mine was about 10 yrs ago but i dont remember what it was about now

pony
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think some ISP's like Earthlink filter out these emails.

I started with Earthlink in 1999.

I have never received one on my Earthlink account and my regular email address is in a lot of places on the Internet.

All of the 419 emails I have received have been forwarded to me by others for baiting or have come in on free email accounts.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't specifically remember mine, although I think it had something to do with over-invoicing a petroleum contract. I remember thinking it was really strange, as more time and care had been put into it than what I was used to from spam.

I wasn't fooled though. I've always been a big believer in the saying "if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is".

I think I'd received lottery scams before, though I just thought they were more spam trying to get you to click on a website so i never bothered looking at them.

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shiver metimbers wrote:
418eater was a failure. What can I say....

I know - I did my best to get that site going but some bastard beat me to it. He even slightly changed the name to 419Eater.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've not had one in a personal account until recently, I do remember the ones on the fax machine in the 80's, everyone just laughed at them.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lol i only received them when i started signing loads of guestbooks that said mugu in them (not with my genuine email lol XD)
Justin Bieber
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got my first 419 email from a guy I chatted with on Yahoo chat on July 25, 2003. I was 18 at the time, and I kinda believed what he was saying Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks for your response, well I tell you that this consignment was deposited by the last military head of state of Nigeria General sain abach intend to use this money for campaign in some local governments in my area during his political carrier, but it was unfortunate that man proposed and God dispose. He was suddenly stroked by untimely death that have to depart him from his early plans .

Because of my reputation here in country I don�t have my way to claim this consignment out, beside this consignment was deposit with a foreigner�s name mr aref Morris.

So what I need from you is your assistant to help me claim this consignment out from the security company. I have all information of the depositor here that will enable stand as the next of king of this consignment.So all you need to do now, with a letter to the security company attorney tell him that you are miss Anna Nguyen , that your uncle Mr. aref Morris deposited a consignment there branch office address arnouts treasure lynex bv security company, ADDRESS 120 VECTORIA CITY CROSS RIVE STATE Nigeria, here are all the deposit information (DATE OF DEPOSIT JANUARY 10 1995)(NAME OF DEPOSITOR,( aref Morris ) (SECOURITY CODE NO,03039817PFTF contain (family treasure )please do knot give disclose this information to him except he ask for it. note do not give the attorney the impaction that what is in the trunk box is money, and don not let my mane to be mention. Here is the security company attorney contact

name Benjamin madukanya
phone number 234 80 23965591
email [email protected]
beast regard
usman saina

Am regret to knowing you in my life,after you know that noting for me again,no job,no house,no parent,so what am waiting for,it will better for me to kill my self - Footprint

I know you are not ready to help me,after you detroy my life you said that i should not contact you anymore,i will kill my self,and is you and your husband who killed me - Footprint

Tattoo

Safari X 4

Safari Lagos, Nigeria - Hell
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some lad sent a standard 419 email to a Hotmail address I had at the time.

I screwed with him about his claim of being a barrister and asked him lots of other questions that amused me, but then went I went TDY for several months and forgot all about him and 419 emails until I got a snail mail at work in 2005.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never had them until I started here Laughing Still, in my personal accounts I do not receive them. I did get a snail mail version a couple of days ago. A friend at work sort of knows I do this 'baiting thing'. Her dad received a phone call in the beginning of the week, but the guy on the other end spoke English and her father doesn't speak any English whatsoever. So the scammers wrote him a letter (yes, an actual letter over mail). He asked his daughter what it said. She started laughing and said: 'no dad, this is not for you. This is for Persephone'. So now I am the proud owner of an actual 419 snail mail letter Laughing

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
friday3
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never paid any attention to the emails until a couple of years ago when I started to get bookings from several businessmen coming to "my country". The first one I recived was bringing 17 businessmen for 3 weeks. The place I was running at the time didn't accomadate businessmen and was not in a location that would require a visit from 17 businnessmen.

I started asking for a credit card to secure the reservation then reporting the card stolen and asking for another one. Eventually the booking date passed and he was still trying to make a reservation, so I kept taking his credit cards...

The above text is the sole intellectual property of friday3. Reproduction without the expressed permission of Friday3 is a breach of copyright punishable be a fine of up to $50 000 (payable by check) and/or 5 years jail.

"Hubbard is a "crackpot" and of "doubtful mental background." - From FBI files concerning L, Ron Hubbard

Mods have a wonderful sense of humor; you just aren't funny

Jolly Roger
Mortar x21

Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine was through a romance website - american stuck in Nigeria desparately needing help. Nothing much in my email because I have always used a junk filter.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic