SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Images in signature...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Do we need images in signatures?

yes
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
no
80%
 80%  [ 56 ]
only for rentacow
17%
 17%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 70

mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in favor of less clutter, too. Nothing puts me off a forum faster than having to brave fourteen blinky, sparkly banners and a dozen dancing bunnies, bananas and hamsters to find the "lol" or "me too" that is the entire post...

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shiver metimbers wrote:
We're thinking about introducing sig images sometime soon, but they will have a width/height limit imposed ruthlessly and only one image per sig! Something like 300x100 pixels will be about the max size. There will be an announcement, along with other stuff soon.

Please don't. Sad

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To echo most people here, please no. The sig lines are funny, but pictures would make the forums unreadable.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If we're taking an informal vote, I'm also against it.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would prefer not to have pictures in the signature line. Reading is already a challenge for me so pictures would be an additional distraction. Very Happy

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Good thing baiting does not require reading, well I am pretty sure some lads think scamming doesn't require reading.

I too am going to vote no in this informal pole.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm against it just as much as I'm against full quotes before replying and successive posts made within minutes of each other.

They just clutter up the board. I can point you to numerous forums where you have to wade through all that crap just to see a reply.

We don't need that here.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pro, providing that the maximum allowed height is the same as what the text

Submit This Thread To:
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!

is using.

Fight My Brute
Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IMO, any vote should be left to admins, mods, and preemies. That said, I vote no. Very Happy Eater's visual discipline is a welcome respite from all the spinning, sparkling, leaping, blinking, etc. crap to found elsewhere on the "innerweb".

Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mrsbean wrote:
Nothing puts me off a forum faster than having to brave fourteen blinky, sparkly banners and a dozen dancing bunnies, bananas and hamsters...
But we do have the daily kd & lotta Tsnerdling For Charity show to contend with Laughing

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is that a verb?

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
rentacow
Master Baiter

Location: Known Universe, Virgo Super-cluster, Local Group, Milkyway Galaxy, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you guys are over reacting! If you restrict the image height to ~100 px, what is the problem!?! SP's signature, for example, is approx. 170 px high! Rolling Eyes Is anyone complaining about that?

Standard size signature:

Is that too cluttered? Confused I think a ban on sig images is unnecessary, with the proper restrictions.

[/rant]

Dan (Stu) "I'm in the Bahamas sipping a cocktail on a boat."
Lad "What?"
Dan (Stu) "I'm in the Bahamas sipping a cocktail on a boat!"
Lad "I can't hear you."
Dan (Stu) "Good."
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wha???
Laughing
LOLZORS!
Imagine wading through all that just to read what somebody said, or didn't say.

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure if we're voting or not. . . . but in case we are, I'm with the "no pictures in the sigs" crowd.
It would just litter the threads unnecessarily. I also like seeing the flags, safari hats and quotes in sig lines. (And of course the ponies and other mysterious icons that I still don't know the meaning of).

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ rentacow.

Wow my reaction when I saw that was "damn that's huge!"

If it ain't broke... don't fix it.

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We have ample opportunity to be creative (or not) with our avatars. Give me the link to just ONE forum that doesn't have pics that strobe and sparkle enough to give you a seizure OR pics of fluffy kittens, rainbows and unicorns, OR 'hilarious' chimpanzees dressed up as astonauts OR pics of your kiddies at Disneyworld last year OR something with a political/religious message OR playmate of the month.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Here you go...

'Tis a rare wee beastie indeed!

Laughing

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheeky - I meant a forum that allows pics anyway Rolling Eyes

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
rentacow
Master Baiter

Location: Known Universe, Virgo Super-cluster, Local Group, Milkyway Galaxy, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This site is doing just fine...

@TSnerd: TheGreatOok, OxygenDeprived, Rodus Longus, mrsbean, Pastor Frank, Otterfan and yourself have signatures of 120 or MORE pixels! Even Shiver's sig is ~120 pixels high. I cannot understand why you would object to users being allowed to have images in there signature...

Lad "What?"
Lad "I can't hear you."
Dan (Stu) "Good."
Miss Behaving
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ rentacow - images break a thread more than text signatures. A big pic 'interrupts' me in my reading, whereas (even a long) text sig doesn't.

If we do have to have pic sigs, could we have an for option individual users not to see them?

I come down on the 'no' side.

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a lot of random crap in my signature, I'm glad Eater has a limit for that as well. I think signatures are perfect the way they are now.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
rentacow
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I will never understand...

Lad "What?"
Lad "I can't hear you."
Dan (Stu) "Good."
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rentacow, the problem is not the height of siggies, the porblem is PICTURES in the siggies. They are more distracting than the sig lines people use at the moment. I prefer Eater the way it is. To me, some avatars, especially the ones that move, are distracting enough, I would rather not have flashy pictures in the siggies too. What will be the use? So people can put up banners as the one for Scamwarners above? Or to inlduce a trophy picture in their sig? Why not use the avatar space? People can already have a picture and having it as avatar makes sure they are nicely gethered on the left side of the screen and not breaking up the different posts. Oh, and I am against as well.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

rentacow wrote:
This site is doing just fine...

Took a look. Ugh, cluttered and hard as hell to read. The banner like pics are very distracting, and the pic like quotes are even worse.

You will most likely point out that this is coming from a member with a pretty big signature. Whilst that is a fair point, most of the icons used in sigs here are (a) quite small, and (b) related to the purpose of this site. The (plain text) quotes are almost exclusively from lads or fellow members, and the links are usually to site support, baiting tools, or fellow scam fighting sites.

I think TSnerd's last post illustrated the issue admirably.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
rentacow
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

IMO text only is more distracting, since the signature looks exactly like the text in the post.

EX:

This is a question?
lad speak DEATH THREAT lad speak DEATH THREAT lad speak DEATH THREAT
This is a reply!
Touch'e!
Horray for forums!

See what I mean?

Lad "What?"
Lad "I can't hear you."
Dan (Stu) "Good."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic