SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Help! Fire ants must die!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For some reason the fire ants are really bad this year. I have used 4 different granular poisons and 2 different type of sprays that were "guaranteed" to work and kill the mound. Granted, they killed the mound on that particular day that I treated it, but two days later, another mound pops up within 10 feet of the "dead" mound.

Anyone know of a sure fire method of getting rid of these hazardous pests?

And please do not recommend an extemination service. I'll be damned if I pay someone to do something that I can do (ie:spread poison).
Dott. Giascopato
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Baking Powder?

Works fine here because they feed it to their breed.
I don't know wheter it will be working with fire ants, however.

Some from: South Africa Netherlands United Kingdom Nigeria Switzerland United States Ivory Coast Indonesia Spain Germany Luxembourg Cayman Islands Bahamas, The Ghana Senegal Malaysia Togo Iraq Flag Mauritius Flag Mortar x7

Failure to complies with this order require a severe act by the mets and
purnishment by law. (The Metropolitan Police)

fork off.. ([email protected])
Sir Cumfrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chief2B wrote:
...Anyone know of a sure fire method of getting rid of these hazardous pests?..

Move to Antarctica?

An effective control method is the best you can hope for. Fire ants like sugar. I use melted borax and sugar (1 part to 3) to control ants numbers in general.

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FIRE
rentacow
Master Baiter

Location: Known Universe, Virgo Super-cluster, Local Group, Milkyway Galaxy, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I was going to suggest pouring on charcoal igniter fluid than ignite with a long stick with flame on the end. It burns slow and long, so is safer than gasoline of paint thinner (Twisted Evil).

Or you could fill a plastic milk jug with alcohol and duct tape a road flare to it... Put the jug on top of the nest. Light the flare (do this quickly since the ants will attack you as soon as you put the jug on top of there nest) and run like the dickens! (It WOULD work if you lived out in the sticks...)

Dan (Stu) "I'm in the Bahamas sipping a cocktail on a boat."
Lad "What?"
Dan (Stu) "I'm in the Bahamas sipping a cocktail on a boat!"
Lad "I can't hear you."
Dan (Stu) "Good."

Last edited by rentacow on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
NZBaiter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

B. A. Ware wrote:
FIRE

Exactly, FIRE ants are killed by fire, why else would they be called FIRE ants
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would really like to take care of this problem without BURNING my yard up................plus already tried that and still have the problem.

These little bastards are persistant. I tried the "petrol" solution because I thought it would be cheap alternative to the poisons. All I wound up with was a yard full of burn areas.

I hate for my daughter to go into the yard because each time she goes out she always gets into another newly forming mound and gets stung.
rentacow
Master Baiter

Location: Known Universe, Virgo Super-cluster, Local Group, Milkyway Galaxy, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are the nests in grass? If not, find a powerful solvent and pour that on the nest. It will liquefy the ants. you could also try a sticky (not sugar) slime and cover the nest in that. As a last resort, I would suggest saturating the nests with super concentrated salt water, then zap the hell out of them with a stripped extension cord or arc welder (be VERY careful with this and find a buddy with experience as a electrician to help!).

Disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible for any damage to yourself, others, or property for following my instructions. Use common sense!

Lad "What?"
Lad "I can't hear you."
Dan (Stu) "Good."
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@rentacow....

With those suggestions, why do I feel that I'm being baited into doing something very foolish????? Very Happy
rentacow
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PLZ SUR I ASSUR U THIS IZ 100PARSENT RYSKY FREE,,,,

Lad "What?"
Lad "I can't hear you."
Dan (Stu) "Good."
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Less is more. Don't give a hoot about the mound. Its just dirt. If you sprinkle bait, just put out a little at a time around the mound. Not on the mound. Do that every couple of days. Be patient. If you want things right now, then go ahead and drench. But wetting down the mound is a waste of insecticide. Make yourself an injector to get the stuff down into the tunnels below the mound to go for the queen. I have used a root feeder. Stick it in and run like hell. Rinse and repeat when safe.

I've seen people make bait trays. I was talking to a neighbor today and almost stepped on her homemade bait station. I guess it was working as there were no ants anywhere around.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
FIRE

Ahem...I am available. Very Happy Die ants die!

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you not just tried sprinkling ant powder? Works on my infestations. But then again mine are just standard ants, I don't know much about fire ants.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
rentacow
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They are much like lads. Repulsive, annoying, vile creatures that are dangerous and unrelenting.

Lad "What?"
Lad "I can't hear you."
Dan (Stu) "Good."
Vavin
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chickens.

Chickens eat anything.

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ true, but an anteater eats ants, according to the I, BC cartoon you hold them much like a machine gun, ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!

Option 2 - Carefully dig up nest, put into sealed container, load onto back of truck, drive to neighbours house, empty sacks. (neighbours may not be happy with this, but, what the hey, there has to be some winners and losers in life)

Option 3 - Boiling water poured on nest. (just how big is it anyway? can we have some photos?)

Option 4 - Nippon ant powder or liquid, this gets taken back into the nest (like other poisons)

Not an option - explosive, may upset the neighbours by way of noise, broken windows, low flying ants, earth, etc.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know ants, but I know wasps and, being insects, they are probably much the same. The problem is that you may have killed the ants, but you have not killed the eggs. Once the poison has worked you need to dig the nest up.

Petrol will probably work, but don't bother setting fire to it; the fumes do the job, not the fire. There's no way you could burn down into the mound anyway. Just pour a little petrol (ie gasoline) on the mound. Do it at night when they are all in the nest. If there is no sign of them the next morning dig up the entire mound and remove it or sterilise it with extreme prejudice.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For those not familiar with "fire ants" in the southern US......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solenopsis_invicta

Fire ant mounds:

Here they are normally 18inches in circumfrence and about 12inches high and extend about 3 feet underground

And the damage they can do:

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Chief,

http://www.ehow.com/how_2043134_get-rid-fire-ants.html

This seems to be the step by step way of how to get rid of them without turning into the 'neighbour from Hell' Wink

Pretty Rose

pony
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^sounds like good advice, but remember, I have recently arrested my neighbor on two counts of attempted murder....I don't think that I will get any cooperation out of him!

To him, I am already the Neighbor from Hell!!!
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahh....Didn't know about that!

In that case, I would burn the bastards!!! (and I mean the fire ants, not the neighbours...)

Or.....I had a really bad problem with ants when I lived in Napier (not fire ants though. just your everyday, black ants, but millions of 'em!) I was in the bath one night and I saw a black line going up the wall. I thought it was a pipe! Then I realised that the 'pipe' was moving!!
(My house was beautiful and only 2 years old)
Anyhoo, the best advice I was given and the advice I took, was to get a granulated poison and place it in the lines that ran to the burrow(s).
Every day, I got the poison and carefully shook it into the lines. (You have to remember, less is more)
It took about 3 weeks, but the ants were gone.
The bad news was, the next year, they were back and I had to go through the whole procedure again. But it was the same with the cockroaches I'm afraid. A never ending battle, and the price I paid for living on top of a hill in paradise Wink

Pretty Rose

pony
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel you pain Chief. I grew up with fire ants. I lived next to a riverbed. Nothing quite hurts like a bite or sting from on of those red bastards. What ever you do don�t loose it and start destroying there hill. They don�t like that Laughing

From personal experience they don�t like fire or the smoke from fire. They just leave. But the fires that made them fled what when the orchard or mountain was on fire.

My dad was an agricultural biologist. I see if he has any tricks up his sleeves.

Oh yeah and few day ago a fire ant bit my wife�s foot, so I an a bit pissed about that. I say kill them all.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chief, there is an ant poison that is guaranteed to work for a year and you can get it at hardware stores. It works beautifully for fire ants. I broadcast it once a year and NEVER have fire ants. They are a huge problem in our area.

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Da Mayor
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The key is to kill the Queen. Try pouring grits on the mound. The workers feed these to the queen. At night, when the condensation and dew comes, the grits swell. Eventually the queen will burst from the expanding grits and the ant hill will go away. I have used this method and it works like a charm.

DEATH IS YOUR PORTION BEFORE 15TH AUGUST,SO RUN TO YOU PASTOR AND EXPLAIN HOW YOU MAKE MY FMILY CRIED TO HIM - Ab0tt C0le

Be good with your life and let your ass apologize to your fucking soul - Sgt Th0m Alen

Spain x2 United States Nigeria x2 United Kingdom x3 Benin x4 Belgium Ghana Flag Pakistan South Africa Australia

Closed lad accounts

Safari - Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso to Bamako, Mali (427 miles)
Safari - Accra, Ghana to Coutouno, Benin (213 miles)
Fer-de-Lance
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slow Freddie already suggested boiling water poured into the nest. This works for me as well. I bought a farm that used to grow sugarcane. The ant infestation was really bad. We had to have water on the boil for hours, but our persistence got the better of the ants.

B. A. Ware might like this: Have you tried an automotive steam cleaner? It has a long nozzle, which is perfect for inserting into the nest entrance. If you can extend the nozzle, you could reach further down into the nest. You could also steam the ants to death along the way, from a safe distance. Make sure you don't run out of steam, or you won't kill the nest. Being surrounded by ants with no steam can be a bummer!

No poisons, no toxins, so you won't harm the earth.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton

Dont joke with us, right here we are not joking kindly stop joking - C0l3 V4n H44ns
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic