SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

One of my first straight baits - comments please :)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SomethingFishy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a transcript of one of my current next-of-kin baits. It's rather long, and very much a straight bait. I've gotten to the point where I've sent him a fake wire transfer, and I'm not sure what to do at this point. Comments and suggestions are very much welcomed:

was about 25 pages in OpenOffice before I exported it. Thanks for looking.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent, thoroughly excellent. A solid piece of straight-baiting that was a joy to read.

By which I mean, sometimes I can read other straight-baits and some of the responses make me cringe as I think "That's not how a real victim would reply, the lad's got to know this is pretend!" But in yours here, I think you're keeping the realism level just right.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Fanny Plunge
Granny Pawn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Because from your lines of email lately I can see it, it�s boldly written on the wall

Ha Ha..cool..You're doing great..There's lots you can do to keep him dangling and going nuts..Like your bank says his account is being investigated and you don't know what to do..

Basically keep him giving you options..But you throw a spanner in the works while appearing to be super eager..Like you and him are best mates and the world and its evil technology are against you.. Thumbs up

verkwyn,"You are just a bloody foolish Nigerain,It sounds like an email writen by an illitrate"
Humanity Hicham,"wooooow u are very pretty and lovely but u have dick"
Easter Egg 2012 Nigeria United States Spain United Kingdom x2 Ivory Coast Turkey Italy Netherlands Cellphonex280-WebSitesx21
SomethingFishy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the encouragement. Smile I have a hard time telling how hooked they are. usually phones at least once a day, so I'm pretty sure he's at least partly hooked.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You asked for the contact details to the branchmanager.

And the reply: I cannot start give out information�s out, because of the privacy and very confidential nature of this transaction i think that is a impolite reply

I would insist on the managers info. Like you say, its the only thing you need to expedite the transfer...
SomethingFishy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I told him I needed the branch manager's phone number or fax number. He sent me his fax number, which is obviously no good because he doesn't have a secure bank line Twisted Evil. I am seriously tempted to introduce my banker as a 2nd character. Perhaps it's too large an amount to be wiring without some security forms....

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@SF A great read.........thanks for that.

Now drink some of that liquor (that cost you $150) and the inspiration will come.
SomethingFishy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Smile In retrospect, the lads are probably too simple to pick up on large liquor store bills... I was hoping he would look at that "statement" and think, "wealthy drunk".

He's shelved for the weekend, as the bank isn't open, that hasn't stopped him from e-mailing a couple of times and calling. I hope his bank account gets frozen soon...

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Fishy.
it may be advantageous to change the scenario and put him in a tricky situation as a scammer cannot give an acceptable answer to this question.
Advise him that the taxation office authorities of your country seem to have become aware of the large amount involved so it is essential to change things around to avoid a tax audit or investigation. Subsequently you can only and must deal with him as a private citizen of his country, so therefore would he with great urgency advise you of his PRIVATE residential address. Once he advises of his private address a courier or representative or your solicitor will call personally and transact business with him personally at his house. Tell him that your company has an office in his country.
You may care to reproduce or use a modified version of the letter below if you wish.
Regards.
Lady Pixie Maxwell.

"We have made careful enquiries and we all need to be careful, in fact I
must deal directly with you as a private citizen of your country.
To enable us to begin, would you send us your full name and PRIVATE
house and residential address, NOT your office or post office address.
Also we must know your private telephone and fax numbers. We must be
careful and must know these details, as the good honest christian man you
are, and seeing you would never tell lies you will tell us honestly.
Secondly we must know the direct telephone and fax numbers of the
bank, the name of the manager plus the address of the bank, we can then make
very careful enquiries with him.Also the private address and telephone numbers of your attorney.
We must be careful as we must not alert the wrong people in my country.That is why we must keep our details very very secret and only deal with you one way only.
Once you, as the good honest christian man you are, tell us
these things truthfully as the christian man you are, we can do some more
things to help you, but we must be very very careful.
If you cannot or will not tell us all these things we cannot assist you and must assume you are a dishonest man.
My name is Mr. P. Maxwell Canis. "
SomethingFishy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions. He's well and truly off-script now, telling me about his trip to Bavaria, I suggested he tour some castles. After some mix-ups with the bank transfer (somehow he never received it....) I believe I've talked him into just meeting me in Copenhagen with the cash. I can't believe how that one line in my first e-mail to him paid off so big, I guess I just got lucky.

I'll be updating this bait and putting up a couple others over the next week or so when I get my site organized.

Does Amsterdam->Copenhagen count as a safari?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fish, you know you've done well when the lad complains about the amount of time he's spending on this! Keep up the excellent work!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic