SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why Western Union?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ron_Mexico1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why do all of these scammers prefer a Western Union money transfer only? What is it about WU that tickles their fancy?

Thanks for responses!
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most scammers will take either Western Union or MoneyGram, WU often being preferred. The reason they like these services is because the transfer is pretty much untraceable, the money can be picked up pretty much anywhere in the world (no matter where you sent it to), and the "secret question and answer" means that they do not need to show ID to pick up the money.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, Ron. Very Happy

It's interesting that you only have two posts and both of them were starting a new thread with a general question about baiting.
You may want to do the following: Read the stickies and announcements posted in each forum. Also, at the top of the page, in the blue bar, you'll see the FAQ's button, read those too. Stroll over to General Chat and find the "introduce yourself" thread and introduce yourself.
If you want to bait, sign up for a mentor here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16765&start=600&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

As for the Western Union question, it's quite evident if you know how Western Union works. Fast and Cash.
Edit: What Slayerfaith said. Laughing

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Ron_Mexico1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Complete quote of previous post removed. Look up ^^^it's right there. (Don)

Ok, I'll do that. If the two threads that I have created are a problem then I do appoligize.
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^They're not a problem, ask all the questions you want.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Ron, no the questions aren't a problem. The best way to learn is to ask questions. (and read the stickies Wink ) I was just trying to help by pointing you to a bunch of answers that are already written out, in case you hadn't seen them already.
Didn't mean to offend. I'm certainly not in charge here. Smile

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Quote:
I'm certainly not in charge here

At least not yet. Razz We'll wait another month or two. Wink
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ ssshhhh! Don't tell them my plan! Laughing

OK, sorry for the thread hijack. Back to Ron's question.

Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the Eater, Ron!

Stupid questions are what these forums are for, so ask away. If asking stupid questions was an offense, I would have been thrown out of here a long time ago. beating Now for my little 2 cents worth...

Western Union is both the mugu's best friend and worst enemy! WU will transfer cash-money to anyone, anywhere, any time, no questions asked. And that works in our favour! Popular tactics include sending the payment to the wrong recipient, using MoneyGram instead of WU, WU instead of MoneyGram, asking if other forms of payment are available, asking them to convert their $US request into Canadian Pesos, using ITV5, etc. THEN there's the whole idea that the mugu might have his dollar chopped by another scammer, whose name shall not be mentioned here. If the lads would only agree to accept alternate forms of payment, they might actually have an easier time. But whatever you do, don't tell them that!
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Transfer your money to this mob http://www.westernonion.com/
I'm sure they won't mind and it will be guarantied to bring a tear to your mugus eyes.

Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What I didn't see mentioned above is that Western Union can be traced on-line, so no need for them to get their sorry a**es out of the chair ro see if you have really sent it. Moneygram is better as they have to go to the office to see if anything has been sent, or they have to bribe an employee to check.

So for the WU is better,
For us, MG.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@slowfreddie
Lads can check their MG MTCN by dialling an 800 helpline.

However despite all these methods judging from the replies of some after been given a wrong MTCN they have rushed down to their local WU/MG in excitement only to find out that there is nothing there.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
TurkeyTrotter
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting side note here.

I was just thinking about tracking WU / MG payments.

Would it be ethical to say set up 2 fake sites (i.e. www.trackwesternunion.com / www.trackmoneygram.com) which mugus could use to find if their mtcn is live.

The sites could look legitimate to the mugus, they enter the mtcn and their details would be displayed with the status of their payment.

If they are told to track on this site would they do so?

This could get them off their a$$es and head to the WU / MG office. When they return and complain that the number is wrong / bogus, the tracking status could change to picked up / cancelled so that when they check again more fun could be had at their expense.
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ among a myriad of problems involving ITPs there is also the issue that lads know that they can track on the real WU site and thus won't bother with yours. If anyone knows about fake bank/money sites it's lads Wink

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Canadian Pesos

Shocked

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TurkeyTrotter wrote:
Would it be ethical to say set up 2 fake sites (i.e. www.trackwesternunion.com / www.trackmoneygram.com) which mugus could use to find if their mtcn is live.

Illegal as hell, mate. WU and MG would NOT be amused by someone setting up a fake version of their websites. Besides, most mugus have the WU tracking page in their favourites anyway. Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic