SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First post: Curious question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ron_Mexico1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, it is a pleasure to post here for the first time!

Now, my question is: Why do the scammers agree to do all the jobs that you (the scambaiters) give them? I mean I know you offer money as a reward, but don't they want to get as much money from you as possible without actually doing much at all?
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome!

Answers to your questions. Yes, they are lazy. But they are also greedy and we trick them into thinking they are just about to get the money at any minute. They think there is just one tiny obstacle. We don't tell them upfront that there will be a million, increasingly bigger, obstacles. They get invested and keep going. Wink

Edit to add:
What others have said after me is also true. What you see published are the successful baits in which the tricking of the lads worked. There are plenty of failures. We just don't put them up for view.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011

Last edited by Ima Baeder on Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, that's right, they do. But what you see published here are the successes, the ones where a lad is either so gullible or has been handled so skilfully that he falls for it.

You should see my "failures" folder with all the attempts that I've started but abandoned because the lad would rather stick to his easy-to-play script. It's a bit of a skewed picture you see here.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, welcome to eater! The finished baits you see published here is the better work. Not all mugus are as compliant, not all baiters are that good to get a lad to do all that stuff.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's sort of like how they get their victims to keep shelling out more and more money without ever seeing a dime. Sometimes into the tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The trick is to have the right carrot, and a stick that is just the right length.

Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lots of my baits don't tend to stand out to where they deserve any notoriety. But there are those lads who provide me the opportunity to introduce some absurdity into the baits.

One of my check baits is 85 days old now. One thing after another has come up. I'm right now in the middle of a three day "silent" period, and when I write back I'm going to tell the lad that I was in jail for three days since I punched my bank manager in the mouth for not wanting to transfer the funds out of my account and into the lad's account.

My legal problems will, of course, cause me to delay payment.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome!

All my lads are lazy scum and I can't get anything out of them. Mad

But time! Razz

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Ron.

What the others have said is true. The publish baits are the good and successful ones. The majority of us here probably bait straight and just waste the scammers time. Sometimes when a bait has run for a good period, we may manage to get a trophy of sorts, maybe a photo or a specially designed form, but they are just the icing on the cake. Some straight baits seem boring in comparison, but the fun is in creating characters, websites, and then seeing how things unfold. Its amazing how many scammers accept the most stupid scenarios without batting an eyelid.

If you are going to have a go yourself, I would advise getting a mentor and reading everything you can. Start slow, gain experience and who knows? You might hit the jackpot.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are all mistaken.

I do it to make pen pals in far away places Wink

Quote:
F*** U AND F*** YOUR MOTHER F***ING CALL GILR OK.U ARE A VERY BIG FOOL MOTHER F***ERS A**HOLE

ME

Ahhhh Tutut| - how I miss those glory days, but we still keep in touch, though his vocabulary is as limited as ever. I just love that I made an impression he won't forget. Very Happy

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's all about sex.....(and money).

What man won't do anything for a woman if she promises both of those?

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Eliza: Both of those? You're too generous. I'll do darn near anything for either! Of course, the judge told me to stop saying that in public...
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Private Pyle,
Quote:
I do it to make pen pals in far away places

Thats the second funniest thing I've ever seen posted on here. LOL_sign Laughing
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Ron - In an effort to explain why there is so many varying answers to your question (which would seem simple enough) I'll try to summarise what I've seen:

There is no single one way to bait.

There are various techniques that are common because they are proven, but generally speaking there are few rules (but there are some so read the stickies) and it all comes down to originality.

As you can see from the above posts all different baiters use different things. Some like to intimidate their lads and be their master. Others like to let the lad be the master and let the lad think that they're in control. Others like to use sex to entice the mugu, whilst others like to use churches or people of high authority to impress the mugu.

There are a million ways to make a lad take the bait and they are only limited to your imagination.

Just look at some of the published baits in the Letters section of this website and you'll see that it can be as inventive as acting as a movie producer to as simple as being a lonely old man.

The more you read the more you'll understand the simple tricks to get the lads to sit, stay and roll over. Once you've got your lad house trained, however, you'll be able to get them to do just about anything Wink

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I bet the early letters from 3d (the lad that keeps going and going and goin...) were rather boring Laughing

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ From what Mr. Mugu and PDS have said the first 2.5 years were pretty boring. So much so that they very nearly dropped him out of sheer boredom several times.

But, just goes to show, if you bend a mugu's mind enough you will eventually break it Laughing

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Mortar x10
MisterHobbs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, being a newbie, I am glad to see that failure is not uncommon. After my first week here, I have sent quite a few responses, have made 2 or 3 new characters and email addresses, fax #s, etc, and it seems like after the first contact, they are not convinced I am real and they stop responding.

So, after a couple of days of no response, I 'spank' them right in the back pocket as follows:

.....in the subject line I put "Western Union transferred" and I tell them how rude they were to me for not replying back to me. Then I say I heard from another 'nice man' (scammer), and that I sent him about $1250 via western union for this fee and that fee, and how cooperative he was.

Almost immediately, I get a courteous response from my original scammer who thinks I am real and now apologizes and is willing to work with me.

The only thing is figuring out what to do next................. Confused
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi eye ken doo! Welcome.

Failure is always a possibility and even the best baiters will sometimes have lads twig earlier than they had planned.

The great thing is that there are thousands of lads out there. I don't like to think of it in terms of failure. Every time you waste a lads time on you, he is not able to use that time on real victims. This is a success, even if only a minor one.

And, more importantly, every time things don't go as you planned and the lad twigs you learn from it and will not make the same mistake twice.

It's a healthy attitude to expect that the lads might twig, it will ensure you do your best to play a victim.

Mortar x10
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For straight baiting advice I would suggest checking out Otterfan's guide.

http://members.419eater.com/~otterfan/Straight-baiting.pdf

The art to good baiitng is to make the lad truly believe that by doing what you're asking them they will get this money. Make it as believable as possible and you'd be amazed at the lengths they go to.

Also, remember that one scam that works out for a lad supplies them with about as much as they'd earn in 6 months doing anything else. There's an enormous incentive.

MisterHobbs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Red et al, thanks for the welcome and the encouragement.

I will keep trying, I may have my hook into a couple, I guess the best thing to do is continue reading the forums, and more importantly I will continue some real hands-on masterbaiting in front of my computer!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic