SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Wow! Looks pretty bad. Bridge collapse.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bridge collapse in Mississippi. Live on Sky News/Fox News now. Looks real bad Sad

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1278226,00.html

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not Mississippi, Minnesota. The bridge that collapsed links Minneapolis to St. Paul. Its confusing because the bridge spanned the Mississippi river.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahhh... Blame Sky news for their strapline Smile

SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like the whole thing went:
http://hotair.com/archives/2007/08/01/breaking-horrific-bridge-collapse-in-minneapolis/

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
A bridge has collapsed dramatically in Minneapolis

Yikes... that is in my neck of the woods.

*Turns on his TV and checks it out.**

edit: screwed up the "quote" code thingy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Watching it live on my TV... 50 cars in the water. It looks bad.

Edit: Now reporting 20 construction workers that were on the bridge in the water.

Update: Thunderstorms moving into the area... Could it get any worse?

http://web.live.weatherbug.com/Radar/1/Radar.aspx?zcode=z4592&lid=NAV3

Update 2: News reporting 60 kids were on the school bus, only 1 injury (on the school bus).

Update 3: 3 fatalities confirmed. 8:09 CST

Update 4: The local news reporters are running out of things to talk about so they are exploring the terrorism angle. Another channel has a structural engineer on stating that it was clearly a structural failure, not terrorism. MnDot (Minnesota Dept of Transportation) states that the work being done on the bridge was not structural, just cosmetic.. filling pot holes et al. 8:24 CST

Update 5: 6 confirmed dead, 19 of the construction workers accounted for. 9:16 CST, DAMN! I have driven over that bridge thousands of times.

Last edited by Pastor Frank on Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:26 am; edited 6 times in total
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow that's pretty scary. Bridge was under repair apparently. Didn't fix it quick enough obviously.

Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

*post deleted by radden for the time being*

Last edited by Radden on Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, Radden, make sure you make a political statement as quickly as possible. Rolling Eyes

** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope, I'm in no way trying (at least from my stand point) trying to make this thread political. What I'm just saying is that people jump to conclusions too quickly.

This was very aweful, don't get me wrong, but we need to look at what went wrong, instead of instantly thinking of terrorism.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm afraid bridges do collapse from time to time so this terrible event would probably fall into the "Shit Happens" category rather than any kind of deliberate act. Anyway, it's not important right now. Let's hope the number of casualties isn't too high and that the emergency services aren't too hindered by working in such atrocious and difficult conditions Crying or Very sad

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/01/bridge.collapse/index.html

I think this link will be updated through the night

"Highway bridge falls into Mississippi River
A 40-year-old bridge spanning the Mississippi River in Minneapolis, Minnesota, collapsed Wednesday with about 50 vehicles on it. At least six people are dead, Mayor R.T. Rybak said. Local hospitals report at least 37 injured. full story"
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Update: 10:33 CST

The local media has degraded into speculation and dragging in some "experts" who have nothing more to add than more mindless babble. (along with endless loops of old video)

I agree with Gnasher, this was just a "shit happens" kind of thing.

As I explained it to my kids... "stuff breaks"

edit to add: Governor Tim Pawlenty (I have personally met him several times through work) gave a very good interview on TV. He stated the facts, without inducing panic, and didn't give the usual political bullshit. He is a Republican, I am a Democrat. With that said, I give him a huge nod of respect. Well done sir.

Edit: 7 confirmed dead. 20 missing and feared dead (in the river) 11:25 CST

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I lived in south west CT, I used to drive on I- 95 past Greenwich. I was surprised to find out that a bridge on that interstate had collapsed a few years previously. A History channel documentary stated that the road network had been quickly planned, and just as quickly built. The film concentrated on how that collapse had led to improved monitoring of road bridges. Let's hope that this collapse is studied and that leads to improvements in design and monitoring of similar structures in the future.

This tragedy shows that people can't take things for granted. Also it reminds us that we are not that diiferent from other poorer parts of the world where these sorts of tragedies happen more often.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There was a few sink holes appeared on I81 here in VA a few years back

Never anyhting like this I have seen before - i've seen a 10ft long bridge wash away before though in a flood

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some video footage of the actual collapse has been released:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,30000-1278350,.html

persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is quite amazing to think only seven people lost their lives. Don't get me wrong: seven too many. Still, when you see the damage, it is a real miracle not more people were killed in the accident Shocked

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I suspect that "seven" is the number of confirmed fatalities, and that the total will rise when they find the missing vehicles Sad

I heard that the bridge design was "unusual" - I suspect we might hear more about what that means in the coming days.

The most famous "bridge collapse caught on film" footage that I know of is the Tacoma Narrows bridge - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxTZ446tbzE
The torsion was caused by nothing more than wind. Fortunately, everyone got off that bridge well before it collapsed.

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I watched Faux News last night after I read this thread. They had a live interview with an 'expert' in a hotel room in Minneapolis, who only knew what he had seen on TV. He said 'It's pointless to speculate', so the anchor guy asked him 'What do you think caused this?'. Rolling Eyes

Interestingly, I heard a BBC interview with a guy who had been evacuated from his house almost under the approach to the bridge. He said that the 'cosmetic' roadworks that were going on involved hacking holes through the concrete, he could see daylight shining through when he looked up at the bridge. Shocked

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just came back from the scene (I work less than a mile away). Being there drove home the reality more than any TV image. The ghastly smell of burnt rubber, other strange chemicals is still hanging in the air.

I had an interesting talk with a rower who used to turn-around right under those bridges. Since the bridge is just a few hundred yards downstream of the remnants of the St Anthony Falls, there are tremendous eddies and erosion around the supports on the riverbanks, particularly the West Bank. He said he's worried about that erosion for years. He was also concerned about a family who live under the bridge in an old tugboat, which we could not see. I pray they were downriver for a bit.

Still much recovery to be done, as the authorities still need to lower the river about a meter to make diving safe. Thank you for keeping the victims, their families, and the rescuers in your thoughts.
babyboyuk81
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dam Shocked

pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic