SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Wisdom tooth.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn Sad I'm sorry to hear about your wisdom tooth! I've been exactly where you are and the pain won't go away... Is it possible to have the dr put you on a payment plan? One way or another, that tooth has to come out! Shocked

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can vouch for Nurofen Plus. I have quite serious and longstanding maxillo facial problems (I look ok on the outside, it's a right old mess on the inside). Have been through the gamut of top end anesthetics from the dental hospital I attend .
They are much easier to take for prolonged periods, I can take Nurofen without having to put myself into a near coma to get through the day. Easier on the tummy too Razz

Hope you get treated soon. Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You may also want to check out the Dental Schools in your area. The work will be performed by someone quite qualified and the cost will be very little, compared to your regular dentist.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta is right as in the UK alot of people cannot get a dentist and goto
the local dentist school.

otherwise are you going on holiday soon,get it done on the holiday insurance.

as for pain relief the 'herb' does the job.

try another dentist and do some haggling over the price,you might get a better deal.

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^As far as I'm aware, where I live there are only 2 dentists that'll knck you out to perform a wisdom tooth extraction. Both charge the same price.

I've only just got back from the UK where I went to see my old dentist and he re-did a crown for me. Didn't have any problems with the wisdom tooth then.

@Mrs Bean - Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Question....Why are they called 'wisdom teeth'? They're not wise, they're just a pain in the rectum. Sad

Pretty Rose

pony
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
You may also want to check out the Dental Schools in your area. The work will be performed by someone quite qualified and the cost will be very little, compared to your regular dentist.

There's only one school of dentistry in New Zealand and oddly enough that's in Dunedin. I'm not sure where IWM lives, but it's probably not there.

Why are wisdom teeth called wisdom teeth? I guess it's because you only get them in your late teens/early 20s. By then you've (supposedly) gained a lot of wisdom.

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I live many miles away from Dunedin and to be fair, just the word 'school' and someone having pliers in my mouth puts me right off Laughing

Pretty Rose

pony
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You are rapidly running out of excuses now............ The choice seems to be having the bugger out and be done with it, or industrial quantities of pharmaceuticals to delay things until you have the bugger out anyway.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it wasn't me wrote:
Question....Why are they called 'wisdom teeth'? They're not wise, they're just a pain in the rectum. Sad

"Pain in the rectum?"

Are they your teeth? Do you need to see a proctologist?

Anyways, "sign of age" in that they tend to appear when people are older. Helps if you have already lost a few teeth prior to that time.

--J.D.

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher wrote:
You are rapidly running out of excuses now............ The choice seems to be having the bugger out and be done with it, or industrial quantities of pharmaceuticals to delay things until you have the bugger out anyway.

I'm going to the dentist on Monday and if the infection has cleared, he's gonna yank it out Shocked

You're right, I've got no other option Wink

Pretty Rose

pony
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can I still have your ABBA tapes?

--J.D.

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^You really are a stalker aren't you!!

How else would you know Muriels wedding is in my top 10 list Laughing

Pretty Rose

pony
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher wrote:
Isn't it reassuring to know that we have so many pharmaceutical experts here? Shocked

I'm not a real pharmicist, but I play one on nights and weekends, and on 419 eater. Mom was a nurse, so I sat around and read the PDR. No, I have no life or wisdom teeth. Remember, "You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug".
Fear and Loathing.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes.

--J.D.

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had rotator cuff surgery a while back. I asked the office manager of the orthopedic surgeon twice to make sure that the gasman took my insurance. The day of the procedure, I met and talked to the gasman. I asked him about the insurance situation. He said his office would take care of it. Final answer, I paid out of pocket.

General anesthesia has its risks. Local is the way to go.
I had 4 wisdom teeth removed with local anesthetics. Did not feel a thing then. The recovery was painful as I didn't have Vicodin but ice packs helped a lot. I never thought about it until now but I'm sure that my Dad paid.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would have screamed bloody murder if they told me they would take care of it and didn't. I made a point of finding out my claim would be covered, at least the surgical part, well before the extraction. So I was a mite miffed when I initially got a bill for the full amount from the surgeon.

I had to sic myself on the dental surgeon's office for not submitting my claim properly. I pointed out, respectfully, that my MEDICAL insurance, strangely enough, was not going to pay if they insisted on submitting every service they did as "Miscellaneous Dental Service". That could be a cleaning or a flossing, for Pete's sake.

I got HR to contact the medical insurance and get hold of someone who knew the proper code for submitting a surgical extraction and made the dental surgeon office call them to find out how to resubmit the claim.

Resubmitted claim, properly coded as surgery and anesthetic, sailed through.

I found out after that that most insurance claims are rejected for the same reason. The person submitting the claim uses the wrong code or submits it as an uncovered, broad category. I learned it's always worth asking the insurance if your procedure is covered and how it needs to be submitted in order to be processed properly ahead of time. Many medical offices have figured this out on their own and will keep resubmitting a procedure until they run out of possible descriptions.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gotta get it taken out, it won't go away. And a general is the way to go, it's surgery - they have to cut and dig as the wisdom tooth is growing up under the back molar.

I had my 4 wisdom teeth out the day before my 20th birthday (went home in university holidays and my parents paid). Came to in the recovery room and said to the nurse, "I've got an F***ing headache." She leaned over me and said, "I'll F***ing well get you something for it."

Mind, that was 39 years ago now in Palmerston North.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Jarod Cain
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got an appointment to get mine out at the end of the month.
Considering how I'm currently recovering from a case of whiplash and a crushed disk in my neck, I'm going to have to ask my chiropractor if it's okay to go. I should be fine but I'll ask him anyway.
-J-

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Jarod, nice to meet you Very Happy

My Mom was a dental assistant back in the day when God was a lad and she said maybe I should consider having the tooth next to my wisdom tooth out?

Any thoughts?
(Yes, I will pose this question to my dentist, just wondered what you guys thought)

Confused

Pretty Rose

pony
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do not remove that which does not require removal.

--J.D.

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Yeah, but the thought being, the wisdom tooth could then grow without obstruction and the tooth next to it will be alot cheaper and alot easier to remove.
I dunno, just a thought.
(I'm trying to go the least pain root-sorry, route...)

Pretty Rose

pony
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nelsonsbattle wrote:

Mind, that was 39 years ago now in Palmerston North.

Nuff said Laughing [runs away]

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it wasn't me wrote:
^^^Yeah, but the thought being, the wisdom tooth could then grow without obstruction and the tooth next to it will be alot cheaper and alot easier to remove.

Depends on what your problem is which cannot really be sussed on an internet board.

For example, here are depictions of the classic problem of an impacted wisdom tooth:

Now, removing the anterior tooth is not going to cause the deviated wisdom tooth to grow straight or close the gap left by its removal.

--J.D.

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ IWM - so you go from not wanting the rotten wisom tooth out at all to having the healthy molar next to it yanked out too? Laughing Trust your dentist, even if he does come from North Palmerston (sorry I had a bad non-dental experience there. I'm in therapy. No worries)

mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of the time, by the time it's impacted, infected and needing to come out, no amount of other-tooth-removal, encouragement, threats or voodoo rituals will get your wisdom tooth to grow in properly.

The exception might be if you caught it in reasonably early in your childhood/teens when your mouth is still growing, at which point, most dentists are going to take the same "Let's wait and see if your mouth actually grows fast enough to let all those teeth grow in, if they ever attempt to grow in" approach mine did. Even if they do grow in, most dentists insist the wisdom teeth are of little practical use. You really don't use them to chew, apparently. They seem to exist so oral surgeons can make car payments.

Having seen my mother's impacted wisdom tooth cause an extremely painful shattering of her back molar/jawbone, they didn't have to ask me twice about getting mine removed when my useless wisdom teeth started being troublesome. I would think keeping the molar and ditching the troublemaker would be the far better option.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic