SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone bought a "Rolex" off eBay?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No spam thanks - but it's a kind offer Laughing
I've decided to go ahead and order the best/cheapest fakey I can find and perhaps go down in Eater history as the first baiter to be scammed in full view of my amused and unsympathetic scam expert colleagues.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\

Last edited by Gnasher on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Ginger Head
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My boss is into Rolex in a big way, and is for ever showing me cheap and real Rolex watches on eBay. Rolex Tudor Oyster's are apparently the ones to go for.

Though personally, I don't even wear a watch. Can't stand them on me all the time...
mathias
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I could help out with a nice (but possibly too big for a girly) replica which I have bought in Turkey during my last holidays in that country for 70 U$.

Problem will be the shipping/customs if you live outside EU Wink

Safari Safari Safari Goat Mortar x4 (2 MIA) Closed lad accounts x lots

Jolly Roger

BASTARD !!! U JUST DEY MAKE ME SPEND MONEY SEND CHECKS TO NON EXISTING PLACES OL BOY NO TRY ME AGAIN OH ABEG JUST FUCK OFF MAKE I WORK COLLECT MONEY..

go screw your mother fucking uncircumcised rotten dick on your bedroom wall and die slow *DELETED* because you don't even worth a second out of my time

now you have taken me to a far area from my place ... I have to sleep under the bridge today ...

Vcamera
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK - after extensive research these are the obvious signs of a fakey:

- the watch isn't heavy enough. Bad fakes use cheap alloys and even hardened plastic. Good fakes use stainless steel.
- the back cover should be solid - not transparent.
- the second hand should 'sweep' not 'tick' and should stop if you pull out the winder.
- the watch should be automatic, not battery powered
- the date font should be black and the background an off-white colour.
- the date should have a x2.5 magnification in the cyclops
- there should be no holes in the case where the strap is attached.
- the strap should be held together with small screws, not pins.

PS I'm going to buy her some driving lessons instead so I have to buy her a car now!!!

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't tell me... she wants a Swatch car... right! Laughing

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
cartmansucks
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher.

Think that it's a better idea to buy driving lessons. She will get more pleasure and it will be far more useful than buying a fake watch. Why be known for having an expensive fake watch and not be known for being a cool/nice person. Possessions don't make who you are. I know it's hard at school wanting the best things, but life isn't always easy or fair.

Buying fake/counterfeit goods contributes towards the global market of crime and poverty. People are forced to work for rubbish pay to make these garish rip-offs and it's ultimately them who suffer as a result.

It also contributes towards global crime. Some of these people are into drugs, prostitution, murder and other crimes. Stolen goods are as bad, due to someone being the unfortunate loser of the goods. Lorry drivers having their loads hijacked whilst asleep, waking up to a baseball bat around the body. Going from the street dealer, through to the supplier. Onto the gangs who commit the crime of stealing or making the goods, up and up to one greedy rich bastard sat at the top not getting his hands dirty.

Don't think I'm being dramatic, it's a fact. We are on here to have some fun with scammers, but also attempt to divert their greedy minds away from less fortunate people, yet in my mind, anyone who buys this junk are doing what? They are fuelling the global crime market and lining the pockets of some real vile characters and possibly even lining the pockets of the very people you are trying to affect on this forum.

You have made the right decision and don't let anyone tell you different.

Very Happy
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher - I sent you a PM - I can go to ChinaTown and get a Folex for between $20 and $40 (US).

Remember a previous post of mine - discussing people that could be scammers - in ChinaTown? They are also in Battery Park. Lots of places in Manhattan have these guys hanging out - so I can get one easy - and for cheap.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know in Georgetown in DC you can get fake anything off the streets...

But i know for REAL cheaper watches overstock.com seems to have a decent selection.

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Swiss made Grade A fake Rolex

http://www.bluefakes.com/

More swiss movements

http://www.ontimefakes.com/rolex-watches-cellini-classic/

Honestly, what are you paying for? The name, or the movement. Since the movement is almost indestinquishable from the authentic, why bother paying for the real one. I have an Oris which I was given as a 21st birthday present and I love it. It is kinetic, it has scratch resistant glass, it is stainless steel and waterproof to 3 atmospheres. It looks stylish and it was a present to me from someone I care about. The fakes are just that, but the only thing that is fake is the use of the name, the watch mechanism is almost exactly the same as one in a 'real' Rolex.

"SCHOOLS FOR THE DEAF/DUMPS" - Frank
"I will not live long since my ailment has defiled all forms of medical treatment" - Victoria
PLEASE IGNORE ANY FURTHER MESSAGE FROM CHARLES OR WHATEVER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.!!! - FRANK AGAIN
so how do you want me to beat trust in you now??? (I think I've annoyed him - Frank again)

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ChocolateChip_Wookie wrote:
the only thing that is fake is the use of the name, the watch mechanism is almost exactly the same as one in a 'real' Rolex.

Actually, there's a huge difference in quality, both in the movement and the case. The highest quality fakes are certainly decent watches, but even with Swiss-made ETA movements they don't rival Rolex, which is one of the few manufacturers who makes their own movements in-house. While I think Rolex is overrated and overpriced, there is no denying that they put out a very high quality product, far superior to the average Swiss mechanical watch (nearly all of which use movements sourced from ETA, the largest manufacturer in Switzerland). The mechanical principles behind an ETA automatic and a Rolex automatic may be the same, but the build quality doesn't come close and it's certainly not fair to call them 'almost exactly the same.' It's a bit like comparing a Chevy Aveo to a BMW. Brand image aside, there's a signficant quality difference.

The fakery goes well beyond just the name, but in any event such counterfeits are morally and legally indefensible. Companies like Rolex invest a lot of money in advertising and marketing and have every reason to feel possessive of their legal rights. I'm amazed there are so many counterfeiters out there who are so openly and blatantly selling their illegal copies.

And while the $1,000 fakes may have well-made ETA movements, the vast majority of "replica" Rolexes (and other top brands) are very cheap Chinese knockoffs that are of very poor intrinsic quality.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Update:

Well, my 16yr old minx has scammed her other parent who ordered the fakey which arrived today. As I expected, the quality of the packaging etc is rubbish and obviously there's no warranty, and the 'certificate of authenticy' is so crap it would make a lad blush Laughing But the actual watch is impressive (which seems to be the whole point?) and has none of the obvious fakey giveaways. I am ambivalent about the morality of it because I don't really see how ANY watch could be worth the $9000 official retail price this particular model commands (and that's cheap by Rolex standards). Anyway, if it falls apart in the next few weeks it will be a lesson learned but not with MY money Laughing

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's a pretty good result Gnash!

My guess is that in a few months it will no longer be "in" and will no doubt find a new home in the bottom of a sock drawer. So either way, it's a success Very Happy

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher wrote:
Update:... $9000 ...
Wow it must be gold with diamonds.

I hope you bought her driving lessons too. My 16 year old just got home from her first paying job. She was doing an internship; it ended and now they are paying her. Its a 59 mile round trip into the heart of the evil city and I worry until she gets home. She completed a free accident avoidance class that allows me to worry a little less.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

~Connie,

No wait, the REAL Rolex costs $9000, some of them cost $30,000 Shocked The fakey was much, MUCH less I can assure you.

I'm still going for the driving lessons but she's beginning to get cold feet (she realises she has to read stuff and memorise stuff and it's like totally an effort) and I don't mind because I think 16 is way too young to be driving on our crazy roads. We are lucky to live in an area with good, safe public transport and she's happy with that so we shall see. I'll probably shout her a trip to dinner and a movie with her friends instead.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic