SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Wisdom tooth.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had 3 teeth pulled out a few years back (by dentist pliers) with a local, easy as. I've had 6 years of orthodontics's (finished about a year ago Very Happy ) near the end I always got meat/chicken stuck in the is gap between two teeth.

One time it went deep into the gum (not good) and I had to have my gum peeled back to get it, the dentist asked if I wanted a needle (I absolutely hate needles) and I said no, he said "Your mouth, you deal with the pain" he started doing something, about 3 minutes in he finished and I said is that all it hurt Laughing

I think my gum/mouth has built up this pain barrier like when people get that extra bit of skin on their thumb.

Back on to cures...as well as the meds try doing something that distracts you from the pain, good mind numbing TV or doing something with another family member

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shiver wrote:
I'd rather pass a bowling ball through my penis
Wait till you pass a kidney stone!

Purple Flower

Last edited by GordonBennett on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do not know what you are worried about . . .

. . . should be perfectly . . .

. . . safe. . . .

--J.D.

P.S. Local is good, and GET THEE TO A DENTISTRY!! Abscesses do not "just get better."

Buckley
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A few home remedies that might work:

Hold a swig of whiskey over the painful tooth.Your gums will absorb some of the alcohol and that will numb the pain. Spit out the rest.

Rinse with salty water. About 1 teaspoon of salt into an 8-ounce glass of water and roll it around your mouth.

And this apparently can reduce the pain by 50% :

Rub an ice cube into the V-shaped area where the bones of the thumb and forefinger meet. Gently push the ice over the area for 5 to 7 minutes.

Also a few drops tea tree oil infused in water might give you some relief. It is a very potent antibacterial and easy to get in NZ.

Queen of the pussycats

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Emergency pain relief for toothache - mouthful of neat scotch or brandy, hold it over the tooth for a few minutes, then either swallow or spit out. Never fails.

FUCK U, FUCK UR PAPA FUCK YA MAMA!SAY THANKS ,IDIOT.i have told u not to bother me aagain or have i not.....foolish idiot.I have another person that will help us do this and it is non of YA FUCKING BUSINESS.ASS HOLE.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gin is a great analgesic, and whatever the NZ equivalent to Nurofen Plus is. Swill a couple of the latter down with the former and go to bed. I'd go for local any time for dental stuff. It's way less risky than general anaesthesia and the procedure is not that bad. I had a wisdom tooth and its neighbour taken out under local, and I coped, despite a pathological fear of dentists. I had a cracking headache the next day, but after that I was okay. Root canal was about the same for discomfort in the chair, but was less sore the day after.

As for the colonoscopy, the procedure itself is easy - they drug you to the eyeballs, and you float merrily off for 45 minutes in some delicious limbo between awake and asleep where everything wonderful. I'd like to spend much more of my time in that state, thanks. Smile It's the day or two after you need to worry about; when you feel like you got punched in the stomach by a donkey. Sad Make sure you get some prescription painkillers for that, or chat up reprob8 for some of his stash. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For my 2 pence worth, my last wisdom tooth split, 2 injections it was out in 10 seconds, did not cost me anything, dentist had filled the double tooth next to it 3 weeks before. I had been taking strong painkillers, since it split, was never so glad to go to the dentist.

Have you tried the local hospital, dental hospital is better, just tell them can not get an appointment at the present time.

Been going to the dentist for some 55 years and still have to pluck up courage to make the appointment.
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eight wrote:
and whatever the NZ equivalent to Nurofen Plus is.

We have Nurofen Plus here in NZ, it's another thing that I would have recommended. The most hardcore pain relief you can get without a prescription I'm led to believe.

(It's great for hangovers too).

FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whisky and clove oil work perfectly on teething babies so should work on you. My youngest developed a distinct taste for 10 year old single malt. She kept pulling faces at the cooking whisky.

Before anyone jumps up and down and screams about child abuse, a few drops is more than sufficient and a time honoured remedy for teething. Also, it seems to cut the taste of the clove oil so they dont salivate quite so much. Brandy is another remedy the 'old wives' swore by.

What everyone else said...salt washes work perfectly and are a good remedial remedy when there is nothing else available immediately.

Sack your dentist. Tell him he's a greedy quack and you're off to find a proper professional who isnt going to hold you up for the price.

"SCHOOLS FOR THE DEAF/DUMPS" - Frank
"I will not live long since my ailment has defiled all forms of medical treatment" - Victoria
PLEASE IGNORE ANY FURTHER MESSAGE FROM CHARLES OR WHATEVER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.!!! - FRANK AGAIN
so how do you want me to beat trust in you now??? (I think I've annoyed him - Frank again)

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eight wrote:
As for the colonoscopy, the procedure itself is easy - they drug you to the eyeballs, and you float merrily off for 45 minutes in some delicious limbo between awake and asleep where everything wonderful. I'd like to spend much more of my time in that state, thanks. Smile It's the day or two after you need to worry about; when you feel like you got punched in the stomach by a donkey. Sad Make sure you get some prescription painkillers for that, or chat up reprob8 for some of his stash. Smile

Not to hijack the thread but I've had 3 colonoscopies and never had any after effects whatsoever. I think each doctor has a preferred drug cocktail - mine gives me a hefty sedative which knocks me out completely for 20 minutes and I don't know anything about it at all!

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Colonoscopy - I had one about 7 years ago. They injected something I believe similar to rohypnol (If not Rohypnol itself) and I remember feeling very fuzzy and happy, but nothing else.
I had no pain the next day either, I certainly didn't feel as though anything had been done!

I'm now off to the dentist to see what he says about the drugs they give you if not a general. It's hurting so bloody much now that I think I could tie a string to it and pull it out myself!!

Thanks for all the concern and advice Smile

Pretty Rose

pony
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck IWM. They should be able to give you some pretty hardcore local anaesthetic drugs and do the deed.

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it wasn't me wrote:
I'm now off to the dentist to see what he says about the drugs they give you if not a general.

Local is good.

Remember that: local is good. It is also often easier for procedure since you do not have to have "airway control" and the like. I had my four wisdom teeth removed under local. No pain. Was fine. I did not have pain to begin with--it was just that obvious "they" were not going to make it without problems.

Quote:
It's hurting so bloody much now that I think I could tie a string to it and pull it out myself!!

Nothing removes a fear of a needle quite like excruciating pain! A good dentist/oral surgeon knows how to block the nerves. There is no pain because you block the pathway. Nice and simple.

Quote:
Thanks for all the concern and advice Smile

However, if you are still concerned about prices I am very reasonable and have good tools:

Anesthesia

Precision Technology

Modern Antibacterials

. . . as practiced by Ancient Medicine [Tm.--Ed.], which is, like, better, because, like, it is old and stuff:

Recovery will be a snap!

Lauren Bacall available at reasonable rates; Brad Pitt costs more.

--J.D.

JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Check to see if he can use some Verced, like Ghost said, (USP benzodiazaprine drug class) Or, as we like to call it ,"Liquid Amnesia". Ask if he has nitrous oxide too. You won't recall a thing. They gave me Percodan, (Oxycodone) for post operative care. My teeth were really impacted, and quite a battle. I recall, through the fog, the lower left tooth went "pop", and landed by my feet. I was so out of it though, i couldv'e cared less. Good thing they did all 4 at once, because I never would have gone back. (Sorry, I know that's not helping). I had to take 2 Percodan for them to work, along with a bit of a home remedy that kind of resembles a tomato plant. Ask if he can give you some Hydromorphone, AKA Dilaudid. If you get OxyContin, talk to the Pharmicist. It's like the percocet, but with some rules you must follow. Like don't split or chew them. He'll tell you why.

Here's some little hints;
Take those drugs BEFORE the Lidocaine wears off. Gobble one as soon as you've got them in your hands, Playing catch up with pain is no fun. It says take one every 6 hours? Screw that! Take another in 2 hours, then as needed. Ask Reprob8.
Have a driver to get you home. DO NOT drive yourself.
Build a nest on the couch, TV remote handy. Sleep. Watch TV. Sleep.
Have damp clean cloths handy too. There might be some bleeding.
Expect cream of something soup for dinner.
Take STOOL SOFTENERS! Those opiates will turn your poop into granite! Then you've really got problems! Drink lots of water, chewable fiber tablets are good too.

I've rambled too much. Best of luck. It's not as horrifying as one might think.
J.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Isn't it reassuring to know that we have so many pharmaceutical experts here? Shocked

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What are you implying?

THESE ARE NOT MY CRAYONS!!!!!11!!!

--J.D.

P.S. Ice cream is a nutritious food after oral surgery.

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apparantly, I have a really nice infection going on in the gum around my wisdom tooth. The dentist has given me some anti biotics (No painkillers, I think he thinks I'm hard) He says he can't do anything until the infection has cleared.
I'm going back next Monday with an appointment to get it 'whipped out'.
I have been told I will need 5 days off work afterwards. He also says there's a chance I may lose some feeling in my lower lip because the tooth is very close to those nerves.
Deep joy. Rolling Eyes

I may just take the anti biotics and when the infection clears up, leave it alone again for another year!!

Pretty Rose

pony
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you do that you will get another infection. The tooth needs to come out. Just Do It Laughing

thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First some background.

I hate the dentist. Sitting in that chair I am a bundle of nerves. OK, I am not as bad as some people you hear about; I can and do endure it, but I'm fighting to stay relaxed the whole time he's got anything in my mouth and I seem to be sensitive to pain in that area; I've felt pain in a tooth that the dentist assured me had a dead nerve. A year or two back my previous dentist, (a really good one,) was a bit busy, so he put me in a spare office for the local anesthetic. Sitting in there with me was an old belt-drive drill; it was a a lovely antique, and obviously only owned for that reason. By the time he came to get me I was in a cold sweat.

A while ago I was committed to running a role-playing game for some friends. I woke up with the toothache from hell - the sort of toothache where waiting 24 hours for the dentist to be open was not an option. I rang the emergency dentist and made an appointment for mid-day, took strong painkillers and ran the first half of the game. Then I went to the dentist. They diagnosed an abscess, but couldn't be sure which tooth it was on, so by Murphy's Law they extracted two wisdom teeth under local anesthetic. I took more painkillers and ran the second half of the game. No problem. The noises were "interesting", but there was no pain except before and after the local, they were about the same, and the pain didn't last long.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You have it out, i am sure Nurse Nasty will volunteer to give you the injection. Very Happy

Its possible to get blood poisoning from the infection this has happened in the past to some patients, before modern dentistry.

Thud 419s mention of the belt driven drill reminded me of the time, i had to put up with it as a child. Thank goodness for the modern methods used nowadays.
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it wasn't me wrote:
I may just take the anti biotics and when the infection clears up, leave it alone again for another year!!

Can I have your stereo and ABBA tapes?

--J.D.

P.S. The antibiotics will suppress the infection, which will let the inflammation subside, but ultimately you have to remove the source. As in a previous discussion on infections, you have commies . . . COMMIES in your hills! You need to get them out!!!

Only through eternal vigilance. . . .

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Doctor X wrote:

Can I have your stereo and ABBA tapes?

How did you know? Embarassed

Pretty Rose

pony
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My late father in law was a dentist, and his father before him and we have an amazing selection of obsolete dental equipment, instruments and other scary but interesting stuff Shocked . Modern dentistry is a godsend to take full advantage of the technology.

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@IWM

Well, you have to know these things with you are a stalker you know. . . .

--J. "Waterloo!" D.*

*[Some explicit language in the movie.--Ed.]

mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haven't seen anyone mention this, so I'll chime in.

You may want to check with your medical insurance. I'm in the States, but I also have medical, no dental. Since two of my four wisdom teeth couldn't be pulled but had to be cut out, that made it surgery. Medical insurance covered the two surgical extractions and the knockout juice.

I only footed the bill for the yanking and the office visit, which was about 20% of the total.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic