SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Dedication ** WORK COMPLETED! **

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No "she" just introduced another male character into the scam after I refused to deal with "her" any longer Smile

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
fawnykate
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Shiver my wife thinks that is a really nasty thing to do to that lad, I on the other hand think it is fantastic Laughing , I just thought I'd let you know as she is giving me shit now, LOL
Does that make me an ITP? Smile
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Mom, please let me stay online for 5 more minutes!"
"No, boy, this nasty scambaiting is no good for you! You have work to do tomorrow!"
"But mom, this stupid scammer is reading an entire book for us to enjoy-it�s the HHGTTG"
"Hubby, turn down the TV...our son finally is listening to some real literature!!"

I knew this hobby broadens one�s mind...any chance for a Shakespeare scammer?

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Inventive as ever Shiver - nice one! Very Happy

Have you considered pointing out to the scammer that Douglas Adams died before he could complete the series, and that there is a certain fortune to be made if the lad can write a sequel which you (as Adams' publisher) will pretend to "discover"?

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Smile Nice idea Zen!

Still waiting for the last part. Problem is, this lad has to keep recording the audio on his laptop, which he then has to take around to his DJ friend to convert to MP3 for him. Then the audio gets burned to CD/DVD and then off he pops to the local Interbet cafe to upload. It's along, drawn-out process for him, which makes it all the better of course! He's promised me completion by tomorrow.

FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope so, I hope so, I hope so.
jump_4_joy
I envy the simplicity with which he does the whole thing...
but doesn�t he know that ordinarily the experts use fine reel-to-reel recorders first?!??

Then go to a lab top friend who knows a DJ friend to convert it to mp3 then to an expert who knows how to insert a CD then to the electricity guy who cycles the dynamo then the lad nerd who knows how to burn thena running boy who takes the treasure CD to the cyber cafe then to hire the super super expert engineer who knows somebody to upload this thing (after some days of trying...)

The swift mugu way of record producing

Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^Sick computer so forgive me if this was mentioned before and I missed it, but Shiver you might consider getting the rights to sell a CD of the work from Adams' estate with the money going to defray the cost of running this place and to a charity of the Adams' family choosing?

--J.D.

Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I doubt I could afford it Dr. X, but that would be cool. Hopefully it could be something for the future. I've already asked about out of copyright books before, and there may well be a couple more scammers lined up willing to do some work Twisted Evil

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^It may be something you can approach them with if it is purely for charitable reasons such as running what IS an educational site--HERE--and any charity they want. In my limited experience of getting rights to reprint materials, some are delighted and others are [CENSORED--Ed.]

--J.D.

TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@shiver metimbers,

AHHH this is why you were asking for lists of non copy righted books. I am guessing to sell the cds and donate the money to charity.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Mind Freak
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In the United States, anything you publish is automatically Copyrighted indefinitely even if you don't apply for a copyright, and that probably goes Internationally. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Mr. Green

Whether you are Moslem, Jewish, Christian, or any of thousands of other beliefs, or simply a Being without any religious standing, the Laws of Morality and the Scriptural Laws only applies when you are dealing with people that live by those laws! Wink http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877

In the spirit of [oss] Col. Hogan's credo, "You'll assist fellow victims, cooperate with all friendly forces, and use every means to harass and injure the enemy's operations." [the cia didn't tell me to say that and hls didn't either; guess who did]
andrewski
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As a history major, I can attest to the fact that there are hundreds of books in the public domain(not copyrighted). I did a google search every time I got my list of required texts. I saved tons of money by downloading these off the internet. Although, I'm sure that not all the ones I downloaded were public domain.

Unfortunately, most of these books are on my old computer, but a simple google search can find a lot.
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22public+domain%22+books

This site has some:
http://www.authorama.com/

Here's a goody:
Pride And Prejudice
http://www.authorama.com/pride-and-prejudice-1.html

And there's always the King James Version of the Bible.
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FINALLY! The last chapter has been delivered. I now have just under 500 megabytes of MP3 madness! I haven't totted up the length of speaking time, but I'll do that later today. I'm guessing at the speed he's reading it will be about 8 - 9 hours worth of audio Smile

I'll resample the files later today to try to get the sizes down to a more reasonable and downloadable size. The originals have been sampled at a rate of 44KHz and 192kbps which for simple voice audio is far too much. I should be able to reduce the file sizes by at least half, even more without any noticeable quality loss.

Mind Freak
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool kewl beans shiver, I want an audio autographed copy PLEASE! Very Happy bow_down

Whether you are Moslem, Jewish, Christian, or any of thousands of other beliefs, or simply a Being without any religious standing, the Laws of Morality and the Scriptural Laws only applies when you are dealing with people that live by those laws! Wink http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877

In the spirit of [oss] Col. Hogan's credo, "You'll assist fellow victims, cooperate with all friendly forces, and use every means to harass and injure the enemy's operations." [the cia didn't tell me to say that and hls didn't either; guess who did]
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Woke up just now, first thing I�m looking at is here - great news, Mr. Shiver!!!

Edit: Errmmm...Mr. Shiver, when exactly is "later today"?
Is it worth walking the proverbial dog first? Or is it better to stay here glued to the computer seat tipping on my toes drinking some more mugs of coffee awaiting the news?
Time is relative you know ok.

MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Copyrights expire after 75 years or so. All the classics are available for download by now. Try http://www.gutenberg.org for 20,000 free downloads.

Personally, I would love to hear a dramatic reading of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. It's comparatively short, but gives lots of opportunities for dramatic expression.

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If it's drama you're after MH then I would advise you not to ask my current scammer to do any jobs for you. I've listend to this guy read through the entire HHGTTG book now, and dramatic he ain't!

Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another teaser for you all. Resampling/encoding these files is taking a long time, so to keep you all happy (for a short while at least!) I've uploaded chapter one HERE as zipped MP3 file so it can be downloaded for those of you who don't want to sit around waiting for a 16 meg file to play online Smile I've now totted up the total time of the entire recording and it comes out at just over 8 hours recorded book reading - lovely!

I'll be uploading the entire recordings along with the in-progress bait in the next few hours.

Also, I thought you might like to have an early look at Ken's signed "release form", signing the work over to me. It's nothing to look at, but it gives him something more to do (name partially removed to protect this in-progress bait!):

FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, Shiv!!! I needed that!!!

Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm very suspicious of that document. Where is the Red Seal of Truth? Wink

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shiver metimbers wrote:
I'll be uploading the entire recordings along with the in-progress bait in the next few hours.

I can hardly wait!

EDIT- Chapter 1 is a great sleeping aid.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
jxd
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Blast it Zen you took my first reaction! Laughing

I am extremely impressed with the stamp however. Is that an effect or an actual stamp?

"I was brought up in a motherless babies home"

"I have the Consignment Code here with me which I will send to you and without this Code no Human Being can open that Box"

pony pony EmailParser pony pony
Ponies taste like cyanide and happiness.
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just searched the net and found the two images below. Stuck them together, pressed a few secret Photoshop buttons to make them look a little worn/smudged, added a little extra text, and viola Smile

Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I've uploaded a zip file containing the complete HHGTTG chapters in MP3 format (1 to 35 plus the introduction). You can download it from megaupload.com AT THIS LINK.

The zip file is 223 meg so those of you with a slow connection be prepared for a long wait. Anyone brave enough to want to attempt to listen all the way though, make yourselves comfy as there's over 8 hours to get through!

The current in-progress bait will be published soon. I got a little sidetracked this evening, but I hope to have it on-line in the next 24 hours.

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am downloading it now. I plan on burning it to CD and listening to it as I drive. Hopefully I will be able to get through it! Very Happy

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic