SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone baited one like this?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone seen one like this?

Quote:
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.114.159.12 with SMTP id h12cs1156414wae;
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:06:49 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.90.113.20 with SMTP id l20mr3557560agc.1185300409399;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from your-us67pi6luv (82-42-183-216.cable.ubr02.smal.blueyonder.co.uk [82.42.183.216])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id 8si30300104nzn.2007.07.24.11.04.50;
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 82.42.183.216 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of [email protected])
Received: from [82.42.183.216] by web335.mail.gmail.com via HTTP; Tue, 24 Jul
2007 08:37:39 -1000
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:37:39 -0800
User-Agent: Mozilla 2.0 (Macintosh; I; 68K)
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: "Owner" <[email protected]>
Subject: FW: Phone Call Tuesday
X-Priority: 3
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="ISO-8859-1"

Hello this is Tiffany Blaxler and I am the Office Manager and Assistant for Cash Services and Solutions, Inc. I am contacting you because our firm is giving businesses that receive over 500 customers a day a Free ATM Machine in their location.

Our Support Team will ship, install, and reload the ATM Machine each month so you and your staff can focus on your daily operations. You will receive 50 cents per withdrawal transaction from your customers, for example, if your business gets 500 customers a day you should receive around 25 transactions and multiplied by 365 days, this leads to over $4,560 a year in additional income.

In addition, by having an ATM Machine at your location you will also increase your average ticket amount, increase your customer traffic, and enhance customer convenience. We typically find these extra benefits add 10-15% a year in increased sales revenue.

Finally, you will reduce your operating expenses by saving money on credit card processing fees and check processing fees. Customers can now use cash and you can make more money off of the purchase instead of giving away almost 5% of the purchase amount in credit card processing fees.

If your business receives over 500 customers a day, send me an email with a great day and time to reach you this week to discuss further.

Thanks alot,
Tiffany Blaxler

I googled Cash Services and Solutions, Inc. and found nothing. I'm sure it's a scam, but was wondering if it would be baitable?
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's at least one other person who has received it . . . . . and replied.

http://davidjschloss.typepad.com/add/

and . . . noting the header line To: "Owner" <halfarm35 at gmail.com> which is the address of someone (not a scammer) who has posted on New Zealand motorsport forums, there will be a few copies of this email bouncing around there. That's assuming that the motorsport forums were harvested for potential vic addresses.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.

Last edited by Breddan Butter on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would say that it's not spam.
As you can see, the author refers to it as an "ATM machine" a couple of times. Anyone in her supposed line of business would know that the "M" stands for "machine" so the following word is defunct and doesn't make sense. A professional would just call it an "ATM".

It doesn't look like the work of an African lad though.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
that the "M" stands for "machine" so the following word is defunct

You're right, but that doesn't stop people who (should) know better from talking about "LCD displays" or "the HTTP protocol", for example. I'd say this kind of mistake is very common and not limited to a certain group of people.
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi HarryB^

QUO: this leads to over $4,560 a year in additional income. UNQ

And after you get hit up for the fees for it all for shipment, installment, modalities, legalities, michegas, etc--let us know how much you will wind up having to pay the lads for this great op..I'll bet the instruction booklet costs several hundred bucks too, and nothing sent until you purchase it [i.e. WU them cash]....Probably some additional inter-continent ATM licensing fee required too.

If fees can be dreamt of, you'll be charged. The only cash-machine they have in mind is YOU.!

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jervis Tetch wrote:
The only cash-machine they have in mind is YOU.!

Nice line. Thumbs up

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Come on now. All really professional business letters end with "thanks alot." I vote real!

(note: the above was sarcasm, which sometimes does not translate well via the written word. In no way, shape or form do I think the email is real. That was not sarcasm. Not the first thing, but the last thing. The thingie about it not being real. That's what wasn't sarcasm.

Carry on...)

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've fallen for it. Can't wait to find out more.
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to have a go at it. I will let you know what happens.
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Response back includes a number of PDF/DOC files. These appear to be genuine product details. 2 companies crop up and they seem genuine.

BUT........

The email stinks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic