SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lads Phone Numbers Database

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Should we have a phone number database?

Yes
71%
 71%  [ 28 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 39

4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know you are going to create this on a seperate URL but could we incorporate a system whereby only people who have been registered on Eater for a certain amount of time can log numbers? Surely this would reduce the number of people just going on and sticking down phone numbers of ex's (etc).

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
jxd
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice idea 4X1X9

Maybe it will be a premium-member thing?

"I was brought up in a motherless babies home"

"I have the Consignment Code here with me which I will send to you and without this Code no Human Being can open that Box"

pony pony EmailParser pony pony
Ponies taste like cyanide and happiness.
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sefton Dundridge wrote:
I'm with you Eight. The ex partner thing would be far too tempting!!

Yes it would. Evil or Very Mad

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was thinking of making somekind of Database myself - use a VB or some kind of web front end. write it to a SQL database.
that way we can kepe track of emails and names used - sort of like another site but a bit more clean

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK folks, I have worked long and hard to find or make a Javascript to hold details, to no sucess. I could get a spreadsheet and make it in Javascript, but when refreshing or navigating away from the page, the Javascript failed to retain any input.

As I see it, there are three options. I can't change the poll, but I'll go on votes by posts.

1. Make a thread on Eater. We would know who posted the number, and it could be searchable via the search function.

2. Make a dedicated forum with password protection. We wouldn't know who posted, only it would have to be someone from Eater to know the password.

3. Make a downloadable spreadsheet. It would be a hassle downloading.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No from me for the reasons Eight cited and the same reasons I asked that Mugu Mail be disbanded, which is moot since the OP is going ahead with the project, but I want to be it to be on record that I'm against this.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK TS, I also noticed your comment which you have edited. I will close the poll down if you feel so strongly.

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I can't change the poll, but I'll go on votes by posts.

I removed that bit since you stated the above.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
the Javascript failed to retain any input.

That's 'by design'. JavaScript is client-based and everything will be lost as soon as you leave the page with the JavaScript in it.

I suppose I could put together a PHP/mySQL-based lad-phone directory with a rudimentary anti-abuse feature (IP logging) in a couple hours. However, all of my domains point to my real-life name & address, which is not so great. But if anybody could provide some webspace I'd offer to do the coding thinggie.

Open question: Access control. If this directory is to be separate from the forum, how would we make sure that only registered users access it?

We could make it LDAP-based... Lad Directory Access Protocol. Smile
(*groan* If you think this is funny, you're a nerd.)

[EDIT]

jxd wrote:
As long as we are tagging them, we could also include things such as type of scam they are running and perhaps email, et cetera.

Karl_Ranseier wrote:
because I could search the list if one of my lads has already been baited by another baiter.

Maybe this has already been discussed somewhere; if it has then forgive me, I looked for it in the forums and didn't find anything.

Besides the "let's build a list of people to call in the middle of the night" idea - of which, by the way, I have no strong opinion as I don't know how high the abuse factor might be - what about a general lad info database? You know, name, e-mail and IP addies, phone numbers, type of scam, oga/lad-lad relationships, baiter's notes, the whole shebang. That might be a useful tool for baiting, and potentially give some insight into lad structures or the way a particular lad works.

I'm still a n00b and maybe I'm missing something that's obvious to you, but the prospect of aggregating large amounts of data and running them through a computer never fails to make my nipples hard. I suppose it's an occupational disease. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Bankster on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bankster- If you could do that, I would be very grateful. Put a password on it so only people from the forum could acess it.

Personally, I would go for a freebie service, i.e Bravenet or Freewebs.

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
valachus
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bankster wrote:

Besides the "let's build a list of people to call in the middle of the night" idea - of which, by the way, I have no strong opinion as I don't know how high the abuse factor might be - what about a general lad info database? You know, name, e-mail and IP addies, phone numbers, type of scam, oga/lad-lad relationships, baiter's notes, the whole shebang. That might be a useful tool for baiting, and potentially give some insight into lad structures or the way a particular lad works.

I'm still a n00b and maybe I'm missing something that's obvious to you, but the prospect of aggregating large amounts of data and running them through a computer never fails to make my nipples hard. I suppose it's an occupational disease. Rolling Eyes

I had a similar idea a few weeks ago - http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=931418#931418 Smile
I think however that noting down their IPs and email addys is a herculean task. Simplest and most effective would be to track them by country-phone number (constants)-"name"-scam type/organizational assignment (variables)

"What would you expect me to explain to the monogram if they happen to arrest my secretary?"
"traveling to Switzerland to Norway will take you only 1hrs 30munite to Switzerland if you decide to travel by train"
Ad@m Willi@m, diplomat: "You can not play with my intelligence. I am very sharp. Nobody can play with me."
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I had a similar idea a few weeks ago

Great minds think alike Very Happy

About the work that such a project would cause. We don't want to waste a lot of time on something that is of little use. On the other hand, if such a system is eventually built, everybody will be free to contribute as much or few lad info as they like. Whether such a lad database makes sense I wouldn't want to decide (remember - n00b); what I'm doing is offer to build (or contribute to) one if enough people say it makes sense.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic