SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Midlife Crisis

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Non timui, enimvero eo delectatus sum.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Otterfan wrote:
Non timui, enimvero eo delectatus sum.

I'm not afraid so I'm happy?

"SCHOOLS FOR THE DEAF/DUMPS" - Frank
"I will not live long since my ailment has defiled all forms of medical treatment" - Victoria
PLEASE IGNORE ANY FURTHER MESSAGE FROM CHARLES OR WHATEVER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.!!! - FRANK AGAIN
so how do you want me to beat trust in you now??? (I think I've annoyed him - Frank again)

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Close. I was actually trying to tell the Romans to go back home.

NO, WAIT!
I mean... "I wasn't scared, in fact I was delighted/pleased by it."

GB: What's wrong with "Vita vestra brevis est"? It might not be the words of that poem, but it still makes sense. All that's happened is that "nostra" (our) has been replaced with "vestra" (your, plural). So, the line now says that the life of all of you lot is brief rather than our life being brief.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou

Easter Egg

Last edited by Otterfan on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
now, what are you saying here? A quiet life is short? A spinster's life is short? Let me trawl through my recollection of Cotta attacking ditches and ramparts with arrows and slings.. am I close?

Nostra = our
vestra = your Wink Twisted Evil

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Latin fight! Mine is pretty rusty these days but I think the 'eo' is superfluous/redundant if you decline the verb correctly? And the 'sum' is the present tense?

PS Romani ite domum Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes "sum" is present tense, but when it's combined with the perfect participle (in this case "delectatus") it takes on a "was XXXXXed" meaning.
Look up the 3rd principal part of a deponent verb, and instead of a single-word perfect form listed, you'll see its perfect participle alongside "sum". This is the way that passive perfect tenses are formed for almost all verbs.

EDIT: Forgot about "eo". It's just the difference between "I was delighted" and "I was delighted by it". It depends on your definition of "superfluous", isn't it? If "stripping out every last word possible" is the standard, then... yeah, I guess!

Easter Egg
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I turned 31 in June and haven't felt any different since I was well 21. I am with some of the others on here, it is all how you view it. I still have fun go out with friends occasionally, that is probably the biggest change since early twenties I used to go out to bars all the time, and I play video games.

No age has really bothered me yet, and hopefully none will Wink

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

breadcrumb wrote:
vestra = your
Crap! Back to basics... amo, amas, amat, amamus etc

Purple Flower
Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I be all old an' shit (56), but never bothered to "grow up". Never bought a house, never even contemplated marriage (what a disaster that would be!). Just a classic case of arrested development, one selfish motherfucker, and couldn't be more serene.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Otterfan wrote:
Yes "sum" is present tense, but when it's combined with the perfect participle (in this case "delectatus") it takes on a "was XXXXXed" meaning.
Look up the 3rd principal part of a deponent verb, and instead of a single-word perfect form listed, you'll see its perfect participle alongside "sum". This is the way that passive perfect tenses are formed for almost all verbs.

EDIT: Forgot about "eo". It's just the difference between "I was delighted" and "I was delighted by it". It depends on your definition of "superfluous", isn't it? If "stripping out every last word possible" is the standard, then... yeah, I guess!

Is that you Mrs McDougal? Yikes! Salve magistra! Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Otter.. I couldn't resist.

Centurion: What's this, then? "Romanes eunt domus"? People called Romanes, they go the house?
Brian: It says, "Romans go home."
Centurion: No, it doesn't! What's the latin for "Roman"? Come on, come on !
Brian: Er, "Romanus"!
Centurion: Goes like?
Brian: Annus.
Centurion: Vocative plural of "Annus" is?
Brian: Er, "Anni"!
Centurion: "Romani"... [writes "Romani" over Brian's graffiti] "Eunt"? What is "eunt"?
Brian: "Go".
Centurion: Conjugate the verb, "to go"!
Brian: Er, "Ire." Er, "eo," "is," "it," "imus," "itis," "eunt."
Centurion: So, "eunt" is... ?
Brian Third person plural present indicative, "they go".
Centurion: But, "Romans go home" is an order. So you must use... ? [twists Brian's ear]
Brian: Aaagh! Imperative!
Centurion: Which is...?
Brian: Aaaaagh! Er, er... "i", "i"!
Centurion: How many Romans?
Brian: Aaaaagh! Plural, plural... er, "ite"!
Centurion: "Ite"... [writes "ite" on wall] "Domus"? Nominative? "Go home" is motion toward, isn't it?
Brian: Dative! [Centurion pulls out gladius and holds it against Brian's throat] Aaagh! Not the dative, not the dative! Er, er... accusative, accusative, "ad domum", sir, "ad domum"!
Centurion: Except "Domus" takes the...?
Brian: The locative, sir!
Centurion: Which is...?
Brian: "Domum"!
Centurion: "Domum"... [writes "Domum" on wall] Um. Understand? Now, write it out a hundred times.
Brian: Yes, sir. Thank you, sir. Hail Caesar, sir.
Centurion: Hail Caesar! And if it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PF: Yes, that's what the reference was about in my 2nd post on this page. Always guaranteed to make me laugh. Or at least smile, anyway.

Easter Egg
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher wrote:
30?!?!? Wait till you're staring down the barrel at 50 mate!

Gee You're young Gnasher Laughing

Can't remember my 20th - I've developed CRAFT Syndrome (Can't Remember A F-ing Thing)

At 30 I was doing the OE, bought a bottle of brandy and two danish pastries and ate and drank them for lunch parked on the side of the river near Koln.

40 is a blank - either self induced at the time or as a result of CRAFT Syndrome.

On the night of my fiftieth birthday I tore a ligament while dancing with a beautiful German Emergency Room Surgeon on the beach of a Fijian island.

59 next month. No plans yet for next year.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic