SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Earliest Memory...What's Yours?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's difficult to recall an early memory with reasonable clarity.

Age 4. Not the first visit to the dentist but the most memorable one, for the wrong reasons.

Dragged kicking and screaming from under a chair, plonked on dentist's motorised couch, mouth forced open. Time for the first drilling and filling, this way or general anaesthetic. Mouth snaps shut, dentist's fingers trapped, later relaxing for the job to be done.

The dentist became a professor of forensic odontology several years later.

Last edited by Seven of Nine on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Devouring my twin brother.

What?

--J.D.

P.S. Venture Brothers reference.
P.P.S. Learning to walk.

Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the earliest things I can recall vividly was when I was about 3 or 4. We lived in a rental house. In the garage was an evil looking monster laying on the floor in one corner. It scared the crap out of me to the point that I would not go inside the garage. It turned out to be an engine block from the landlords car. Why was I so afraid of it? I have no clue. Ironically I turned into quite a mechanic later in life and love working on engines!
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sitting in the middle of my uncles rhubarb patch with a little bowl of sugar I'd sneaked off the kitchen table, dipping raw rhubarb into it.
Can't stand the taste of rhubarb today, it makes my mouth curl. Confused

Pretty Rose

pony
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have various random memories of when I was 3-4 but I have a really spooky 'memory' of being involved in a car accident (well, a bingle really)when I was less than a year old. I was laying in a carrycot on the back seat (no seatbelts, natch, this was 1843) and I have a definite recall of my parents' two anxious faces looking down at me from the front seats as the cot had slid forward and down between the front and back seats. Nobody was hurt but it could have been a very bad smash if my dad hadn't reacted quickly and swerved to avoid it so I wonder if their relief/adrenalin somehow 'imprinted' itself into my memory.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Playing with the neighbour's pet kangaroo, then riding a skateboard down a long steep hill sitting down on the board and being sure that the same neighbour was going to make sure I didn't stack it.

I was wrong... but I had fun! Very Happy

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
XPS1710
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine was the earliest remembered memory I have heard of until I read Gnasher's.
@Gnasher - you will find most people who can remember earlier than 4 have some form of trauma atached to the memory they have. It all a psychological thing that I really dont feel like typing in detail! LOL

I was 2 years old - at my Grandparents caravan. I had just climbed up onto granddad's knee to say goodbye, but before I had a chance to, mum grabbed me off and bundled me and my older siblings into the car where I fell asleep. I never saw him again. He died about an hour later from Lung Cancer.

I am just glad that I get that one memory of him - no matter how heartbreaking.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting. Obviously I don't remember being 'traumatised' and as I say, nobody was injured but my mother tells me she was beside herself with worry that the baby (me) had been hurt. And it's certainly not a vivid memory as such - more like a vague snapshot/image from a semi-remembered dream if you can imagine that?

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Dott. Giascopato
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting: four years with the first memories, so with me:
Four or five years old when I was given a metal bus (tin) and instead of "playing" with it I took off the car body and flattened it with my dad's hammer.

Another one: I fell with my trike; you can see the scar on my leg still today.

... and I locked myself in the bathroom at that time. My uncle, who was a policeman, came with his patrol car with "Blaulicht und Tat�tata" and freed me with a jemmy. Must have been fun for him; I'd like to ask but he died last year...

Last one, same age: Our neighbour asked me to buy some cigarettes (Peter Stuyvesant) at the nearby "Trinkhalle" (Kiosk?). I went there and because I hadn't understood the name properly I asked for something like "Peter Stuyvesant" adding (blushing) "I cannot speak that fast" (Ich kann nicht so schnell sprechen).

Some from: South Africa Netherlands United Kingdom Nigeria Switzerland United States Ivory Coast Indonesia Spain Germany Luxembourg Cayman Islands Bahamas, The Ghana Senegal Malaysia Togo Iraq Flag Mauritius Flag Mortar x7

Failure to complies with this order require a severe act by the mets and
purnishment by law. (The Metropolitan Police)

fork off.. ([email protected])
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the age of 3-4 is when the brain starts putting memories into long term, or maybe thats just when we start realizing more stuff..I dont know mine was kind of traumatic so I guess thats why I remember it, the next would be when I was 6 finger painting in kindergarten Laughing

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Reaper wrote:
I think the age of 3-4 is when the brain starts putting memories into long term

According to SCIENCE!, everyone gets "childhood amnesia". Here (again) is the Fun Facts link I posted at the top, but there's lots more to be googled on the subject. Interesting stuff...

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know how old I was but it was young. I remember this manx cat the family had and it was huge. Lucky for me it was friendly and lacked a tail (a tempting thing for youngsters to pull on). I just remember the thing walking up to me while I was sitting on the floor and rubbing on me whil I grabbed for fur. I think it ran away after a while of me being to ruff on it or something.
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ooh, ooh, forgot one!

I remember being in the arms of someone being carried past a green car with wooden bits down the side.
My Mum tells me this was the shooting break we had and I was about 2.

Don't know what the trauma was though Confused

Pretty Rose

pony
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine is one of those early traumatic imprints, but it doesn't feel traumatic to me. It feels vague and unreal. I was somewhere around 3, and I ate a whole bottle of junior aspirin. I had to climb onto a chair then scale a bookcase to reach where mum had put her toiletry bag on a stay at my grandparents. I was taken to hospital and had my stomach pumped. I don't remember anything about it except a couple of very nebulous images, one of lying on a bed that more like a table with a nurse holding a rubber tube, and one of my mum and gran sitting outside on a bench near a flight of stairs with an ornate iron railing. For most of my childhood, my mum had to crush tablets into dust and mix it with jam before I would take them.

Gnasher's story about the car crash brought back a fleeting image of me on my mum's knee in the front seat of our old green split-windscreen Morris Minor, with my dad driving, and I guess I was about 4. Thanks, Gnasher. Smile

I also have clear memories of journeys home from my grandparents. We'd go to sleep in their spare room, then when it was time to leave, bundled in the bedclothes we would get carried out to the car and laid in the back of our estate car. I can recall the feeling of security being carried to the car and into our home when we got back, and in between lying half asleep cosily watching street lights go by, and almost wanting the journey to last forever.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Dott. Giascopato
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eight wrote:

I also have clear memories of journeys ..

I remember some scenes of my first holiday with my parents in 1964 (4-years-old) in Sardegna. My first flight!
I had to wait 42 years to go to Sardegna again.

Some from: South Africa Netherlands United Kingdom Nigeria Switzerland United States Ivory Coast Indonesia Spain Germany Luxembourg Cayman Islands Bahamas, The Ghana Senegal Malaysia Togo Iraq Flag Mauritius Flag Mortar x7

Failure to complies with this order require a severe act by the mets and
purnishment by law. (The Metropolitan Police)

fork off.. ([email protected])
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Coming back from Butlins at Minehead in 1967, I was 4. We had a Ford Consul with a centre bench seat and I was sitting in the middle between Mum and Dad. We pulled up outside our house and I threw up over my Dad.
That's about my only memory of him, he died the following year, aged 32.

get your baiting forms here
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

about 3 years old: Lost on the beach - my mom found me back about 1 hour later (seemed to like half a day at that time) at the first aid post.

and another one: hiding away with my sister in the back of our dad's VW beetle (one with the very tiny read window it was) when going to pick up granddad.

Fight My Brute
fawnykate
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello World !
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was about 2 or 3, I was at toddler group, there was a boy on a little plastic tricycle.
That's all I remember about the day, but it's still my earliest memory Razz

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Funny - I vividly remember my Kinder group and even the teacher Miss Jones who lived in a rambling old Victorian house with lots of dusty rooms and probably lethal applicances which we were allowed to explore dressed up as pirates and wizards. I remember my first day at primary school but the rest of those years are a complete blank! I know all these memories are stored away somewhere in our subconscious, and they randomly pop up in dreams or sudden recollections, but it's fascinating to see how mundane most of our first memories are. Having said that, I remember where I was when the news of Kennedy's assassination came over the radio (or wireless as it was called in those days). I was 3 years old (d'oh! now you can work out my age).

thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can remember being at my grandparent's waiting for my sister to be born, and then later seeing her and the toy she'd "brought" for me. I also remember my parents asking which of two names I liked for her. She is eternally grateful to me for being unable to pronounce "Heather". I was a month shy of three years old.

A year or so later I remember being asked if I wanted to go to school. Foolishly I said I did.

There are a few undateable memories, like being held at a bus stop and stroking the fur collar of my mother's coat. I also remember often lying in my cot and watching bright stick-like things moving around the cot. I imagine it was some sort of optical illusion/sleep induced hallucination caused by the bars of the cot. Interestingly both of these memories are tied to memories of having remembered them later in childhood. It's possible that I have now forgotten the original memory and only remember the reconstruction. Which of course means that quite late in childhood I did still have access to these memories.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ My sister was born at home amid huge drama and disruption. I witnessed most of it apparently, eyes out of stalks, and I don't remember one iota of it Laughing I was 3. Obviously it wasn't traumatic enough.

Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Being held down in an ice-water filled tub/pail thing because my fever was so high. I was two.

On a happy note, my son's pediatrician explained to me that they don't do this anymore.

edit to add 'don't'.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !

Last edited by Tsnerd on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was about 1 and 1/2 and my family was on vacation in St. Louis, Mo. We were swimming and there was a helicopter pad next to the pool. Well as we are swimming a blue and white helicopter lands. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen, of course being only 18 months old that isn't saying much but it stuck with me.

I also remember my mom being pregnant with my sister so I was around 2 then. She was substitute teaching then, I don't remember how I got to her class, but she made me stand in front of all the first graders. I remember being very scared and shy. I still don't like standing in front of people to give speeches and what not.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Bam-Skater
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Red wrote:
Playing with the neighbour's pet kangaroo,

Either I'm drunk or I could swear that says your neighbour had a pet "Kangaroo". Nah, surely it can't say that! Dog, Cat, yeah, no problem. Some form of Reptile at a push, but a Kangaroo? I really must lay off the Scotch.

B-S

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic