SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Midlife Crisis

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This started because of Josh on the earliest memory thread. He gave his date of birth and I was thinking how old I feel. I'm going to be 30 soon. I never had the oportunity to rebel when I was a kid but now I'm aproaching 30 I've dyed my hair black and red, contemplated a tattoo (still a secret from my dad) and generally felt sorry for myself.

What did anyone else do when they were aproaching 30 or even on the big day itself? Did you celebrate it, did you take the day to reflect, for those younger, what are you thinking of doing? What's the most outragious thing you've ever done?

"SCHOOLS FOR THE DEAF/DUMPS" - Frank
"I will not live long since my ailment has defiled all forms of medical treatment" - Victoria
PLEASE IGNORE ANY FURTHER MESSAGE FROM CHARLES OR WHATEVER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.!!! - FRANK AGAIN
so how do you want me to beat trust in you now??? (I think I've annoyed him - Frank again)

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
luckey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I spent so much time worrying about turning 30 when I was in my late 20s that by the time it rolled around, I didn't care anymore.

31 was a little tougher because that's when I realized it doesn't stop.Shocked

It doesn't really matter how old you are unless you know when you are going to die. It makes more sense to go by percentages. If you're going to live to be 100, 30 is only 30%. Not bad. But if you're going to die at 32, you're already at about 94%. Go to a psychic and find out when and how you're going to die. Then you can know exactly how freaked out you should be. Smile

Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm way younger, and building up my muscles. I'm planning on getting PLENTY of tattoos and having a wild life when I'm older.
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got my first tattoo when I was 16. Then I tattooed my wife�s name (for Valentines Day) to my chest when I was 26. I didn�t take turning 30 bad at all. Maybe I will have a problem turning 40. I hope not.

I�m waiting for the �how old were you when you lost your virginity� thread. I wonder how many people will say not yet but I�m working on it. That�s my answer by the way Laughing

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My worst birthday was aged 10 when I fell off my new, sparkly pushbike, cut my chin and broke my bike.

20 was great (I think, can't really remember it...)
30 was spent at TT and was a ball.
40 was spent having dinner and being given a diamond ring!!!

I never bother how old I'm getting coz I still feel 26.

As my Grandpa always told me...

"Doesn't matter how old you are. It's how old your mind is that counts."

Pretty Rose

pony
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry about making you feel old. I turned 25 a couple of months back and that was a little bit of a "wow...." factor to it. Not really looking forward to being 30, but that's a long way off yet... sort of.

gargstang
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It didn't feel much different from 29 other than it seems like I have to be an actual adult now. 31 is just around the corner.

Oh yeah... wife threw a party with lots of old friends and puked all the way home. It's true. Can't drink like I used too.
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hah, you're all youngsters! wait until the REAL midlife crisis kicks in Shocked

Still, you're as young as the woman you feel. (Ok that works better if you're male; switch genders if you are female. No, I don't mean get a gender changing op because it's better being a guy, which it may be, who knows, I meant it works better as a joke if you are a guy. Not that girls have no sense of humour, I meant if you're a girl - is it better being female? - then, hang on, where was I.... dammit, I wish I'd never started this now)

Purple Flower
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mid-life crisis? Still, looking forward to that. Laughing

Didn't plan to reach 21 (it was just kind of combination of being US and 60-70' time frame) and exceeded that vastly. Then didn't expect to go past 25 (was living loose, fast and rough). Now after 56+, Damned if gonna shoot for less than 100+. Already, sort of planned what I want for that 101st birthday, and to hell with the ones till then. Embarassed Razz Twisted Evil

I think if you experience enough variety while you're younger, you enjoy the later times better (although maybe in a different way)

Earliest thing I remember is watching a tornado above our house, while laying out in yard. Parents said that was when I was 2-3.

Only birthday I regret, is the one after I die, which is to me the day after the mid-life thing. Razz (so possibly 102nd)(at least barring health complications worse than what I've had so far)

Alll right, yeah, I know, us grouchy old ba......, don't know nothing. Why, I remember when I was a kid, what? Oh Ok, where the hell's my cane Im going, quit rushing me Where the hell was that door Ehh, speak up, what's that ya say? Who moved it over there? &%$#$#$@$, who pushed ..........

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

30?!?!? Wait till you're staring down the barrel at 50 mate!

20s = young, free and single. Party party.
30s = marriage and parenthood. Time to be sensible. No party.
40s = kids almost grown. Party somewhat.
50s = I'll let you know on a couple of years time. Party health permitting.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

30 and rebelling? Blimey, I'm 36 and still haven't decided if I should. There's probably still a bit of time yet.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I never really understood the way some people react to getting to a certain age. The late teens and twenty's ROCKED! The thirties come, and you tell yourself to "grow up". Still trying to live fast and loose, the next thing you know you are staring at 40. Now it's really time to "grow up"! You continue doing what you have done, and 50 stares you dead in the eye. The bottom line is, in my opinion, just live each day to the fullest, and don't worry about what "number" you are. I will be 50 in 4 months, and I still enjoy almost all the things I did when I was 20.

I can also attest to the fact that at damn near 50, I can still get the girls. Right Skype chatters? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have some ambition!

If you feel 30 is "midlife," that means you intend to die at 60.

--J.D.

Megster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I turned 30 exactly one year ago tomorrow. I had a total midlife crisis, and my crazy rebellion was to become a bartender at a divey biker bar on the weekends, a far cry from my weekday job at a Silicon Valley software company!

It's actually been so much fun that I've continued bartending at said bar for an entire year, and have even (gasp!) gone for a couple of Harley rides with some of the guys from the bar. Such a nice alternative to infrastructure software! And it's fun having a weekend job where you're encouraged to drink while working.

But the sting hasn't completely left from turning 30, and consequently, I keep referring to tomorrow as the "first anniversary of my 30th birthday". Wink

I know that your mother�s virginal is too wide that it can contain triple penis at once but he can manage it. Your days are numbered. - Emma Iwobi

THAT IS WHY SOME OF YOU DIE UNTIMELY IF YOU TRIES ME I WILL RATHER MAKE YTOUR LIFE MISERABLE OK. YOU CAN EAT SHEET AND DIE. - Gary "Gay" Anderson
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I climbed a remote isolated mountain over 13,000 feet when I was in my early 20's, and a thunderstorm gathered in a half hour. My hair was standing on end from the charges in the air. Then it started snowing (in July) and you couldn't see the route. The only way off the peak was a 40 foot chimney climb, but we found it! By the time I reached camp, I was stumbling and hypothermic. My friend saved my ass with hot soup. That's the craziest day I ever had.
Now I'm 47 , 2 artificial hips. I do a lot of reflecting now, but hey, I had my days in the hills. 30 is nothing. I got my 3 tattoos within my last 2 years, and am going to get more. I can't climb anymore, but I fully expect you to be above at least 12,000 feet with no where to go but down on your birthday. Start training, stop worrying. Very Happy

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
XPS1710
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am 28 now and very happy. Although I had my first child at 17 so I imagine that *IF* I ever decide I missed out on a lot of fun, I am going to go wild.

My hubby's midlife crisis started on his birthday - September 11, 2001. It was a very wild and crazy 5 years. But we are back on track and he has a 21 foot boat of which he is very proud. We also gained 2 extra kids during that time... Thankfully both mine!

I am just glad I am a very patient and tolerant person, or I wouldnt be half as happy as I am today!
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Harry wrote:
I can also attest to the fact that at damn near 50, I can still get the girls. Right Skype chatters?

Of course Harry. And they change your adult diapers everyday for you. But they don�t like being called "girls", the prefer the term "nurses" Wink Laughing

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Up to the age of 30 I was a bit of a git to my girlfriends. Nothing nasty, just normal stuff like being asked to visit her parents and turning up drunk (in the pub all afternoon watching rugby) or going out with mates on her birthday.
At around the age of 30 I met a girl and became serious and we're still together and I think we always will be.

My mid life crisis came at the age of 40 - I dyed my hair bright blonde and bought a fast car

get your baiting forms here
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gaudeamus igitur, iuvenes dum sumus!

Purple Flower
fawnykate
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

On my 30th Birthday a few months ago, I remember driving along the motorway and reflecting upon what I had achieved in life, it was actually quite alot and I was happy. After all we dont really become adults a go out and fend for ourselves until we are 18, so 12 years into my adult life, I consider myself young Smile (still)
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

post iuncundam iuventutem,
post molestam senectutem,
nos habebit humus Smile

And for our older folks here:

Vita vestra brevis est,
brevi finietur,
venit mors velociter,
rapit nos atrociter
nemini parcetur! Wink Wink Twisted Evil

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GordonBennett wrote:

Vita nostra brevis est brevi finietur, Venit mors velociter rapit nos atrociter
Nemini parcetur.

Damn...he beat me to it...

"SCHOOLS FOR THE DEAF/DUMPS" - Frank
"I will not live long since my ailment has defiled all forms of medical treatment" - Victoria
PLEASE IGNORE ANY FURTHER MESSAGE FROM CHARLES OR WHATEVER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.!!! - FRANK AGAIN
so how do you want me to beat trust in you now??? (I think I've annoyed him - Frank again)

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone

Last edited by FireWyrm on Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll let you know when I meet her.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent - that flushed out those with a REAL education

http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/STUDinfo/hilaritas/SAMPLES/gaudeamus.mp3

and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Brevitate_Vitae

Sumus Bristoliensis. Anyone else?

breadcrumb wrote:
Vita vestra brevis est
- now, what are you saying here? A quiet life is short? A spinster's life is short? Let me trawl through my recollection of Cotta attacking ditches and ramparts with arrows and slings.. am I close?

@CCW Like rowing do you? Smile

Purple Flower

Last edited by GordonBennett on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:42 am; edited 4 times in total
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher wrote:
40s = kids almost grown. Party somewhat.

I turned 40 two days ago, and have two children under 4... Strangely I don't seem to having a crisis, I have been working myself up to accepting being 40. Although I do have nightmares about going bald, which is really silly.

Ho hum.

{Edit} I had a tattoo when I was 18 and it is shite.

pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic