SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

look what i got!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
da_new_girl
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey all Very Happy I won the lottery again this morning, and was notified by, big surprise......snail mail!

Anyway,im just wondering, i assume i just dump it and forget about it, i mean not bait them, since they have my real name and address on file? besides, they weren't shy...they want IMMEDIATE(??!!) payment of $50 to ''process my application'' Laughing cheek!!

Is there any risk actually of identity theft or something, i mean the fact they have my name/address, who knows what else they have?

Thanks!
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First, welcome to the Eater!

Take time to read the stickies, and sign up for a mentor.

If you're going to bait this guy, do it from a throwaway gmail account. Do not use your real personal information when signing up for this account.

Bait safe!

And again, welcome!

EDITED TO ADD: The lads never cross-check their email lists to verify that the person replying to them was one that they actually wrote. They blast these emails out about 1200 at a time or so. You can get away with picking a letter, pretending that you got it, and replying.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Barry Kelly: "snail mail!"

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Snail mail? That is old school! Can you scan it and post it?

I remember seeing a few of those at work in the 80's. That is a trophy in it's self.

Welcome to the Eater, read the stickies et al.

Edit: Yes, just ignore it. There is minimal risk, they have your name and address; available in any phone book.

Last edited by Pastor Frank on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OOOPS! Snail Mail!

I really need to start reading the entire message before I reply..... Embarassed

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Barry- I'm sure your used to reading e-mails!

Dear Respectful One,

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahI am a poor refugee with a billion dollars in a trunk blahblahblahblahblahblah.

That's how I'm getting!

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
da_new_girl
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys Laughing

Pastor Frank wrote:

Sure i can, ill do it a little later on though when my partner gets home..havent a clue how to use his scanner Laughing

lol ah your grand barry Laughing
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heya DNG, frame it, cherise it, but don't bait it:
1. yeppers, real address and such. Better leave them alone.
2. snail mail? Geez, it will take you 6 months to get him off script Laughing

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
guymannemisis
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wow - a snail mail. How cool!
I'd make a ton of photocopies and post them up at work, put them in neighbour's letterboxes, etc. Make sure you put both 419Eater and the new Scamwarners website addy on them. It may be an old fashioned way of getting the word out but who knows - it could save someone...
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:

Don't know if you have seen this one but it might feed your appetite for a scan of an old snail mail 419 letter.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115722&highlight=

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic