SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone bought a "Rolex" off eBay?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't believe I'm asking this but........... my superficial, entitled, fashion victim teenager wants a Rolex for her 16th birthday. Dream on baby. Knowing that it will be lost/stolen/broken and will quickly be "like gross and SO totally yesterday, ew" (plus I don't have a spare few thousand $$$) I've told her I'd consider getting her something they call a Grade 1 Authentic Replica off eBay. I also said I wish she'd put in this request while I was in Hong Kong last year Rolling Eyes

Anyway, before I plunge into the realm of the damned that is eBay can anyone share their advice/experience for this kind of transaction. I can blow the cobwebs off my PayPal account if necessary but I'm more interested to know about what to look for with this kind of item. I'm more of a Swatch kinda person really and haven't a clue so any shonky watch people on eBay will see me coming a mile away. Thanks.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Grade 1 Authentic Replica

Sounds 100% risky free to me.

Edit: Sorry to sound like a smart ass. Check the feedback profile of the person you are considering buying from, that is a good indicator of their reputation. I use the evil Ebay all the time and have had nothing but positive experiences with it.

Edit again: Instead of a FAKE Rolex why not convince her to get a REAL Movado. (or something similar) I am not sure what your price range is, but here is a nice one that I found on Ebay.

clicky

Last edited by Pastor Frank on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Movado??? That's not a Rolex! I hate you!!!" Very Happy

I've found a couple of sellers (dealers, not private individuals) who both have very good feedback (99+%) who both have the same model of watch. In the pics the watches look identical. One is charging x8 more than the other. So is either selling really crappy fakes or the other is a rip off.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn I wish I knew how to make a "clicky" link. That was a mess.

You had 2 replicas that had that much of a price spread? The other thing to remember is how close the auction is to ending...At the end of the auction the true "market value" is reflected. If it was just listed, the asking price is usually very low.

edit: clicky situation corrected.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A rolex Shocked

Now, if you're in Italy, especially Rome, Florence and Pisa, you can get a really good fake Rolex or Omega for a decent price. I found an Omega Speedmaster on the streets for 40 Euros, and was able to haggle the price down to 15. I didn't buy it because I didn't have any money on me at the time, but if you happen to go there, just check the streets Wink

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

eBay is VERY aggressive about protecting the Rolex brand name, under their "VeRo" (Verified Rights Owner) program. Just mention the name "Rolex" even as a passing part of a legitimate historic reference (as I once did) and eBay will jackboot the sale.

But there are plenty of fake Rolexes available elsewhere on the web. Most are pure crap, some are halfway decent, and a few are dangerously good, right down to accurately reproduced hologram 'seals of authenticity.' Avoid any replica with a battery. Dead giveaway to anyone halfway in the know. There are some surprisingly good mechanical fakes around that are very cheap. But there's no easy way to tell which ones are good fakes and which ones are crappy fakes without a close inspection (and some basic knowledge).

PS: By the way, you're lucky. When my my superficial, entitled, fashion victim daughter turned 16 she wanted a car. Shocked (She didn't get it until she was 17. We're such mean parents.) Wink

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

But isn't this a great parental teaching moment? A fake by any other name is still a fake. I would tell my sons that I would respect a man with a nice REAL Omega more than a man with a FAKE Rolex. But I have sons, not daughters... so it may be different in your case.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Gnasher - i don't have much experience with buying counterfeit goods off eBay but I do know that if the watches are sourced from asia the quality of Grade 1 Authentic or Grade AAA+ is often very poor.

I have seen in Hong Kong (the home of good fakes) some very ordinary looking Grade AAAA+ rip offs. The Grade AAA or AA are even worse, but the point is that you might get a "You call THIS a rolex?! I hate you" anyway. The same goes for Thailand and Vietnam.

Incidentally, if she gets that for her birthday I can't wait to find out what I'll be getting! Very Happy

Cheers

From the son you never had (no, the other one...)
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally I wouldn't buy a Rolex, real or replica, via eBay. Do you not have any contacts in Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur or Dubai (to name just a few) who may or may not be able to get a decent replica or real Rolex (I'm trying to phrase this so that it doesn't look like I would advocate buying fake watches, which of course, I would never advocate and which is a silly thing to do Smile )?
When do you need it by?

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah - I have a mate in Hong Kong who is sufficiently dodgy to know all the really good fakey watch blokes. I'll ask him to find one. I know some telltale signs of a 'bad' fake like a 'ticking' second hand, holes in the case, pins not screws in the strap, very lightweight, wrong date font, etc.

Interesting about eBay being protective of the Rolex name. I found one dealer there who's openly selling fakes, with sales pitch/demonstration videos to match. He's selling the watch I want for under $800 (retail real one $7000). It looks great in the video Cool

breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not sure how it is in your place, but I know for sure that buying fake brands here is illegal and you could really get into trouble for that here. Just my 2 �-Cents....

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

D'oh! Laughing Wink

Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@breadcrumb: He's trying to source a Rolex, not a coockoo clock. Wink

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ pretty much the same....both of them are annoying me Wink Laughing

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok here's the deal Gnasher-

My Mom, bless her little heart has bought watches for me since I was ten. The last one was a Rolex GMT Master II.
A real Rolex has smooth rotor bearings. That is what winds the spring automatically. The date pops out just like the ads, as the cyclops of the cheap knockoffs does not have enough magnification. The date should be centered in the magnifier. There is a laser fired crown at the 6 O'clock position of the crystal. Its extremely small. The stem locks down with three turns and there is a rubber o-ring on the stem slightly visible when its out. When it is pulled out, the hacking action will stop the sweep second hand. The new bezel has ROLEX laser inscribed around it. The band has screws not pins. The movement should barely be audible when put to your ear. The box should contain all documentation.

That said, an excellent Folex will have all of the above and cannot be determined to not be a Rolex unless the back is removed.

As a parent, I would not recommend buying a knockoff. It sends the wrong message and could lead to problems. I was jacked for a Citizen Titanium Ecodrive.

I wear a $67 Casio. Its stainless, goes 100 meters, is analog, backlit, has multiple alarms, displays day/date or time zone, and never needs setting. It does not have a stem to set the time. It understands daylight savings time and picks up a shortwave signal from Colorado every evening to reset the 1/10 of a second it may have gained or lost.

I bought the military boy a digital version with a solar cell on it last year. It got hit with a targeting radar beam last week and now turns its backlight on automatically. He turns it so he can read it and the light turns on. He puts his arm down and the light goes out. I offered to buy him a better watch and he turned me down.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was about to say something along the lines of breadcrumb but in a more relevant way:

The $800 watch you saw... don't buy it.

Why? You can't see it (as you know).

But more importantly, if it turns out to be crap (there's a possibility I'm sure you'll agree) you'll have no recourse.

The guy who sells it to you is not going to give you a refund and eBay will not be interested either. On top of that, you'll have no basis in law to try and sue the guy for your money back because it is an illegal item and you cannot contract to buy illegal items.

So bottom line, go the HK one, and if your time frame is short, buy her a pony
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A pony would be cheaper Crying or Very sad but probably doesn't carry as much kudos at highschool.

windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never spent more than �20.00 (I'm cheap) on a watch, time is time however you measure it.
Which means I'm no expert, but I've heard you can spot a fake Rolex by looking at the second hand. It should sweep smoothly around face and not incrementally tick its way around.

I like pony idea, buy your daughter a boy and a girl money, make more ponies, sell them and get a Rolex from the profit. Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Gnasher,
This morning I only had one email message (yeah, I know . . . . sad. Crying or Very sad )

It was obviously meant for you:-
http://www.swissmades.pp.ru/catalog/firms/274.html

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a talking Rolex. It says Mickey's big hand is on the 5.......................... Laughing
I'll pass you some of my spam watch mails Gnasher!
Customs will seize it mate!

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sigh - yeah I know Customs will probably grab it. Why can't kids be happy with a Lego kit and a trip to McDonalds?

JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Leaving aside the do's and dont's of buying fake watches (my wife buys fake designer purses every time we go to NYC -- the best part is the lads [and yes, they're lads] will tell you to go across the street to Macy's and compare the $800 one to their $40...errr, $35....er, $25 version Laughing), the real issue is what your daughter expects out of the transaction.

If she just wants one to "impress" her circle of friends, then anything for $100 or less should be more than enough, b/c as you have said, within 6 months it will be Cartier that is "in". If she's hell-bent on having one, and she wants to pass it off, if I were you, I'd have her pick it out so that if it's total rubbish, she only has herself to blame.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a fake Rolex, my boss was mortified that it kept better time than his $6,000 real one.

If Customs let me buy 2 expensive camera lenses form Hong Kong (via Fleabay) without interfering, despite all the doom and gloom I was promised, you'd be unlucky to have your watch intercepted.

Just my $0.02.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
luckey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My father bought a fake Rolex, and it was the best investment he ever made. He had an older real Rolex that was a college graduation gift from his father. It was a much more conservative looking than the flashier ones of today. It was quite valuable, and very special to him.

His house got robbed and the fake was stolen while the real one sat modestly next to it, unnoticed.

remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i get plenty of e mails offering me good quality replica's of various brands.
i can forward them onto you.

Shocked

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic