SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

For our UK friends...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear about all the flooding, and I hope everyone is okay.

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, hopefully Kath and Kim makes up for it Very Happy

Hopefully the Rescue/Emergency services can handle it..

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg

Last edited by Reaper on Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's still a bit grim in certain areas Pachanga. They reckon it'll take a month for the water level to go down in some places hit by the flooding.

Last Friday I made a coach journey back home, after a short trip away and missed the rain by an hour. Those that traveled the same route later than me had an all night stay in their vehicles. Shocked

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you should ask tommo shanter as hull was the first part of the country
to be hit but as ever the south gets the most of the publicity and support.

most of the lower regions of the country which have major rivers are either
underwater or will be very soon.

billions of �'s were invested over 4 years ago into the environment agency who's job it was to provide a flood defence system in areas of concern.

as we can now see it money well spent.my thoughts are with the over stretch
emergency services who are finding it hard to cope.

off to my build my ark

Wink

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in the midlands and there's more water then land visable at the moment

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
scamphisher
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Northern Europe is flooded and Southern Europe is burned to a crisp... wicked weather Sad

Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quite frankly I'm annoyed.

My area of the country suffered this deluge well over two weeks ago and it took a week before the press/media/politicians reacted to the crisis. And that includes the ex-deputy Prime Minister who is MP for part of near where I live. I don't want to stir political waters here, so I will say no more about that very large waste of space. Luckily,where I am was relatively unaffected.

I just find it breathtaking that this government still insists on its policy to continue to build houses on flood plains. Let the buyer beware.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pleased to announce that I live in the second highest house in my area so the flood water has to get up to about 120 feet before I get worried.

Next is the turn of the Thames Valley as the waters move down river, Reading, Twyford etc.

I jut hope that it doesn't get any worse, one forecaster is saying that this week will see even more very heavy rain....

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have just mentioned on the news that Tewkesbury, already under water, will be getting more floods, as more water flows down the severn and avon rivers, from the hills over a wide area, they meet at Tewkesbury.

The budget had been cut for flood defences, by the last Chancellor, i wonder what happened to him!!!!

We are lucky so far as we live in Suffolk and on top of a hill.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The worst thing that's happened here is that the road to get out of the village got flooded from rainwater running down the mountains, along with rocks and stuff that were washed down. It made driving along it difficult but not impossible. Today we had a JCB clearing it away. Part of the road has been washed away, but it's nothing they can't fix in a day or so. Then again, part of the road gets washed away every time we get bad rain here Rolling Eyes

Last edited by wayne on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried to get home from a visit with my father the other night and had to detour round most of the home counties. It took me ages to find the new routes through that weren't flooded 6 feet deep. On the up side, I know a whole bunch of back roads I didnt know before. Both of our houses are up on hills, it's the dip in between that's causing the problems. I actually saw a fire engine the other night with a coastguard dingy tied on the back and we're as far from the sea as it gets!

"SCHOOLS FOR THE DEAF/DUMPS" - Frank
"I will not live long since my ailment has defiled all forms of medical treatment" - Victoria
PLEASE IGNORE ANY FURTHER MESSAGE FROM CHARLES OR WHATEVER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.!!! - FRANK AGAIN
so how do you want me to beat trust in you now??? (I think I've annoyed him - Frank again)

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo Shanter wrote:
I just find it breathtaking that this government still insists on its policy to continue to build houses on flood plains.

There is a simple defensive strategy for new builds in such areas - raise the ground floor N feet above ground level. Incorporating guidelines like this into planning permission is now standard practice in coastal areas prone to flooding, e.g. Norfolk.

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for asking, Pachanga. Very Happy

In my part of the UK, we have escaped relatively unscathed, but others have been massively less fortunate, with people being washed away, airlifted from homes, and trapped in cars for 15 hours straight. The saddest story for me, though, was the one of Michael Barnett who died in the floods at the end of June, despite valiant efforts to free him. The story is here. I cannot imagine anything worse for the poor man and his family or for the rescue services. Crying or Very sad

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still dont understand why they couldnt release him. What happened to underwater cutting equipment not to mention the really big cutters the fire brigade use to take the roof off cars. He had air, he had divers keeping him company...I just dont get why they couldnt get him out. Take the drain cover off if you have to...hell, take his foot off if you have to. I still dont get it and neither do his family probably. A sad case indeed.

The flooding is getting worse around my area and it looks like a field trip to Banbury tomorrow is off. I just cant guarantee we can make it through the flooded back roads. Most of the problem is due to them shutting the flood gates to protect the fields.

On a lighter note, my brother in law (caretaker at a primary school) has been told that sandbags have been allocated for the school in question. The prole at the local council obviously doesnt know where the school is or he would have realised that for the school to be threatened, half of Bucks would be about 20 feet under water. Its not called P****hill Primary for nothing.

"SCHOOLS FOR THE DEAF/DUMPS" - Frank
"I will not live long since my ailment has defiled all forms of medical treatment" - Victoria
PLEASE IGNORE ANY FURTHER MESSAGE FROM CHARLES OR WHATEVER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.!!! - FRANK AGAIN
so how do you want me to beat trust in you now??? (I think I've annoyed him - Frank again)

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow that's pretty crazy flooding, especially on top of what was supposedly the UK wettest June in 50 odd years. We've had some record breaking floods here in New Zealand too.

I blame Rhianna.... http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=104&objectid=10452521

Dr.R.Head
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm lucky enough that my area hasn't had any serious flooding at all - I'm on the south coast, that's about all I'm saying. Smile Tho I have discovered one of my cars has a leak in its sunroof tray... and what with all the recent rain, my three-day valet of that car seems somewhat pointless!

I'll be driving to Devon on Sunday for a classic car show, so fingers crossed the weather holds up for that!

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I assume London is OK. My family lives in SW5, near Earl's Court. Best wishes to all of you.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eight wrote:
The saddest story for me, though, was the one of Michael Barnett who died in the floods at the end of June, despite valiant efforts to free him. Crying or Very sad

A friend of mine was one of the reserve firefighters that battled in vain to try and save the poor man. He was absolutely gutted and for obvious reasons didn't want to talk about it when we were discussing it, and the flooding, in the pub a couple of days later.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Floods like this aren't unheard of in the UK, but they usually happen in Jan/Feb, not the middle of summer! I used to live in the Thames Valley (Marlow) which I am sure will be under water within the next day or so. We lived on a hill but there are plenty of houses built on the flood plain Crying or Very sad

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the flood waters have been real bad by me and all the shipping companies cannot get within miles of me.i have just put my delivery of the new puppies
on hold.

Quote:
paul

sorry for the delay as we have been hit by a rather large flood as you
well
know from the news.
our house in now 6 feet under with water and i am now taking refuge in
our local public house.

you will have to wait a few days now as we wait for the flood waters to
die down and we can get the house back to normal and all power back on.
you just cant imagine how devastated we are by this act of god.

please please please wait a few days so we can make the final
arrangements for delivery.

thanks

just cant believe my luck on how understanding my lad is

Quote:
Ohh,am so sorry for what have happen i heard from the pm new and i didnt know it was gonna affect you.hope you are okay.
i will wait,and please get back to me as soon your house is in other
Regards
Paul

Laughing Laughing Laughing

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was supposed to do a job in Oxford yesterday. We rang them in the morning to find there was 1 road still open, and the water was still rising. Suffice to say, we didn't go (thankfully!).

Hope no-one here's been too bandly effected.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@remmy223, I do hope your next few emails will show that you are taking advantage of the hospitality, after all there is a shortage of drinking water.

No problems here, our head office is in the affected area but I think it's high enough not to be in danger, and we're well out of the way.

To everyone in the path of the flood, hang in there and remember it's an exciting adventure, not a nightmare.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
guymannemisis
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My mum is in Gloucestershire. Luckily she's way up on top of a hill so no chance of the flood waters from the Severn river reaching her. She has no water and the power station was going to be shut down last night but I think they've managed to save it.
One of the worst stories I've read was a young lady in Tewkesbury gave birth prematurely to twins right before the RAF helicopter came to take her to safety. Apparently both of the twins died a few hours later. How absolutely awful for that family...I'll be lighting a candle and saying a few words to the man upstairs tonight...
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Will someone please let Eliza_Doolittle know that we are checking in when we can, and not to worry too much because the police and military authorities are working round the clock to ensure that we get to safety.

BTW, we are getting supplies of bottled water to keep us going.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess any members flooded out wont be posting, as you have to turn the electric off.

Glad you're OK, Breddan.

I did pull a face when people were on the radio, complaining about a few litres of drinking water a day, and saying they couldn't flush the loo. Half the world never have fresh clean water, and a loo will flush quite happily on flood water, which there seems to be a lot of.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic