SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lads Phone Numbers Database

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Should we have a phone number database?

Yes
71%
 71%  [ 28 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 39

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought we could have a thread to deposit lads phone numbers for people to call and annoy them. Recently, I have been up late making calls, but I've run out of numbers Sad

However, if it were to go ahead, I would recommend the following-

NO posting enemys/ex's numbers
NO posting of pizza takeaways e.t.c
ANY abuse to this will result in its immediate deletion.

What do you guys think?

Please explain your votes.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM

Last edited by Craig007 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the idea. We used to have mugu mail for abusing lads, but it got a little out of hand, for the reasons you mention. However, a thread for phone calls to your lad, sounds like a good idea Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in, just give the okay and I'll have a few "friends" that can use some entertainment during their short nights. Twisted Evil

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it's a very good idea. Ideally the numbers should have two tags - country and name, be searchable by the forum engine but masked from Google.

"What would you expect me to explain to the monogram if they happen to arrest my secretary?"
"traveling to Switzerland to Norway will take you only 1hrs 30munite to Switzerland if you decide to travel by train"
Ad@m Willi@m, diplomat: "You can not play with my intelligence. I am very sharp. Nobody can play with me."
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I voted no, I just think there is too much chance of abuse here. I am not wanting to hug lads, it is more of a concern for third parties. I could be wrong though, it is just my initial thoughts on it.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
jxd
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ditto what valachus suggests. As long as we are tagging them, we could also include things such as type of scam they are running and perhaps email, et cetera.

Maybe have it available as a spreadsheet download so it can be sorted by each field. Though I know this can also be done with some fancy java-script.

EDIT: Also include username of person who submitted the number. That should deter abuse.

"I was brought up in a motherless babies home"

"I have the Consignment Code here with me which I will send to you and without this Code no Human Being can open that Box"

pony pony EmailParser pony pony
Ponies taste like cyanide and happiness.
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I vote yes. But I agree that this should not be abused.

It could be interesting to see if any numbers get duplicated by different lads.
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the input guys, all ideas taken aboard.

TGO- I take your point, I also think it could go the same way as mugu mail Sad

I know nothing of Javascript, so I may need a little assistance there Embarassed

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
luckey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if there is a way to have an auto dialer call them at random/regular intervals with some prerecorded messages. Twisted Evil

Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with the principle. I believe there should be three tags.
Phone number
Name of Scammer/scam organisation
Name or position of person phone number applies to

I believe this information would act to prevent abuse, and it could be further modified if abuse does occur.

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the mods give it the go-ahead, I'll start organising things in the morning.

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I also voted yes.

I think, however, that we need to be very careful not to include mule victim's numbers.

Before anyone says "scammers come from all around the world" accept that I have taken this into consideration. In an effort to limit the work required, mods (or someone) should verify that any number that is located in a western country is a bone fide scammer with the member who submits it. Even innocent mistakes could happen.

The majority of the numbers would probably come from more traditional sources (nigeria, ghana, ivory coast, netherlands).
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I voted no.

Many of the numbers I'm given are UK "redirects" (the 070 ones). I've got one myself, and I know it's a simple matter to change the redirect target to any number you want. So, if a 070 number ends up on the list...
- First, there's no way of telling where it redirects to. It could be a genuine non-scammer, it could be a scammer's victim/mule, it could be a scammer. You can't tell just by looking at the number.
- Second, if such a number ends up on the list and it's a genuine lad, and he gets deluged by baiters' calls, what's to stop him getting p'd off and changing the redirect to an ITP (a victim, maybe, that's given him their number)?

In short, it's too open for abuse, despite the good (i.e., humorous) intentions.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
geneshalit
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some good points, Otter. Here's my take on it:

1. If the number is to a victim/mule, I think it would be fairly obvious when talking to them. If that is the case, this would be a good way to warn them off.

2. To address the redirect issue, I think these numbers should only be posted for about 1-2 weeks, then removed. Enough time to annoy the scammer.

That's my two pence, anyhoo...
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

4 tags if it goes ahead

include the baiters name as well, that way any abuse could be tracked
there would also need to be so be some way of keeping it up to date and reporting dead numbers as sleepless lads are driven from one phone to another

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Pandariffic
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the idea. It would be fun to call them up and put them on a big call-conference, or give their names to telemarketers and stuff.

And let's not forget good old fashioned prank calling! =D

was H2SO4.
United Kingdom x2
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Voted yes here. For me, it's an excellent way to find some willing listeners to practice my phone skills before I may need them in a bait.

Okay, and I want to do the conference call idea too. I've done it once but the recorder didn't work. It's too funny to listen to them try to figure out what is going on at 3am.

You should also have a spot to show the date the number was added and the lads name.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pandariffic wrote:
I like the idea. It would be fun to call them up and put them on a big call-conference, or give their names to telemarketers and stuff.

And let's not forget good old fashioned prank calling! =D

One of the well established rules of baiting - We don't involve innocent 3rd parties. It wouldn't be good look if we put a lad in contact with an unwary telemarketer who then falls for a scam. Same with having them ring the Chinese takeaway down the road just for a giggle.

If we put lads in touch with others, we always make sure it either another baiter or another lad.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Callum there. The innocent third party rules can be a bit grey at times, but this would definitely be seen as once place where they apply. I like the idea of a phone number system, and if someone can figure out a way to automatically call them in the middle of the night (and doesn't mind paying the resulting phone bill) then that's awesome.

I agree we would have to be careful about this though, making sure that all the numbers do actually belong to lads. Perhaps one person could nominate a number, but it wouldn't actually be added until a separate person confirmed that it's a lad.

Mr. Green
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I voted no, I just think there is too much chance of abuse here.

That's what I think too.
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the idea a lot, I think the numbers should be sorted according to country and whether or not it's a mobile/landline...so I can pick and choose the cheapest lads for conference calling Laughing . I have a few good numbers to chuck in too, including one lad who will still answer his phone in the early hours with "who is on my wire?" after dozens of prank calls.

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
Karl_Ranseier
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I voted yes, because I could search the list if one of my lads has already been baited by another baiter.

rowIand 0bimdike: YOU MUST BE CRAZY AND MAD. GO TO HELL SON OF A BITCH LIKE YOU. DON'T EVER WRITE ME AGAIN. YOU THINK YOU CAN JOKE WITH ME. EVEN I DID NOT GO TO THE HOTEL. I JUST WROTE TO YOU THAT I WENT BUT I DIDN'T. I AM ON MY HOME. SO GO AND PICH UP YOUR ROUTHLESS MOTHER AT THE AIRPORT.
So you where not really at the hotel? Easter Egg 2013
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No from me; it'll be prone to the same abuse as led to the closure of mugu mail. Who is going to police it to check that someone hasn't added their ex-partner or whoever annoyed them last week? And how will they check?

Sorry, I think it's a good idea in theory, but unworkable in practice. Sad

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Sefton Dundridge
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with you Eight. The ex partner thing would be far too tempting!!
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Once again, all comments are duly noted.

As the majority say yes, I'll create a sample page and post the URL when it's complete.

I will try my very hardest to iron out all the possible problems that have been pointed out.

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic