SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Do you wear glasses/contact lenses?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So how many of us don't have perfect eye sight?

I just got back from having an eye test (so I can get my driver's license renewed) and find that my eyesight has gotten worse since my old glasses. I already knew this. My glasses are over 5 years old, and I've been getting migrains lately and can't read for long without feeling the strain.

So what do I have to have now??? BIFOCALS!!!! BIFOCALS! OMG!! AND they will NO LONGER be for just reading - - they will be for ALL THE TIME. Damn it!

$679.00 was my bill. Shocked

So, what about you? glasses/bifocals? Wear them all the time?

And if you wear contact lenses - - are they much more expensive than glasses???? Since I will have to wear these all the time, I guess now is the time to be asking this question.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glasses, I'm only supposed to wear them for long distance stuff but quite often forget to take them off.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wear glasses. I'm on my second pair but really need some new ones as my eyes have got a bit worse.
Before I got my first pair, I thought the TV was worn out because the picture wasn't too sharp so we went and bought a new TV for �1100. I collected my glasses a couple of days before the TV was delivered and I found out the TV was ok, it was my eyes !

get your baiting forms here
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glasses and I'm not looking forward to having to replace them eventually as my lenses are extremely expensive, because of my poor eye sight.
I'm actually thinking about getting my eyes lasered, which can be done here for the cost of approximately 3 pairs of glasses. Some of my colleagues had it done and are very happy.

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glasses. My eyesight's not too bad, so if I forget them (and I do a lot - especially if I'm going out first thing in the morning) it's no big problem. I usually replace them every 2 years. Eye tests and lenses are free for me, so it's just the frames I have to pay for. I just grab something out of the budget range, say �30-50. I've been wearing them since I was 16.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glasses. But can also see quite well without them. Got +3.5 dioptre on the left eye and +1.5 on the other. So my right eye compensates my worse sight on the left eye when without glasses. I still wear them all the time though.

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bi-focals except for reading

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
Dolores
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glasses. My eyesight is awful. I used to badly need new ones every year, but thankfully whatever was happening in there slowed down, so I've had my current glasses for a few years and they still work well.

I can't take them off if I want to be doing anything at all.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Specs since the age of 13. Got my first pair of varifocals last year. Always been shortsighted & astigmatic, but over the last couple of years found I couldn't focus close up either! Take a little getting used to but worth it. Also worn contact lenses at various times, ranging from the old fashioned hard plastic type to the latest high water content, soft toric types. Never could get on with them though.

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tonight i will be wearing my

beer googles

Shocked

bottoms up chaps

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
pwwbear
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wear seamless bifocals. No one can tell I have them except when I read. Took me a while but now I am able to sweep the floor without having to take them off.

I also got transition lenses. I was forever wearing my sunglasses in the house or leaving my others in the car. Now I have ONE pair.

I also have been warned that my next pair might be trifocals.... Shocked

TRY AND PUT THIS ARTICLE OF MINE ON U'R 419EATERS CLUB...TELL U'R SITE FRIENDS THAT I GOT U N THEM IN A STREET OF GAME FIGHT...I AM WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO DO WHAT U THINK U WANT TO DO TO ME - rev. botchway
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy Birthday!

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My glasses only touch my head when i'm driving.... I dare not wear them at home or in stores Laughing.

gotta go for the tough man appearance Confused
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been wearing glasses since I was 10. Pretty severe short-sightedness (and I ate so many carrots when I was young, carrots do NOT improve your eyesight!)

About 4 years ago I started trying out contact lenses. At first they were sheer torture, took forever to put as I tried to get over my squeamishness. They stung like hell etc. etc., and I didn't really wear them much because of this.

After a year or so of occasionally wearing them I started wearing contacts again, this time pretty much full time. Contacts are great in that they don't limit you in the way glasses do (by getting dirty, rain on them, having to take them off for showers etc). However, contacts still have some issues such as when they get dry after approx 12 hours (if you're using the disposable 30 day ones like I was) and often when you put them in you'd trap an eyelash underneath or something like that and it would sting like hell.

Recently I've primarily gone back to glasses, less hassle really and I was starting to wonder if the contact lenses were doing damage to my eyes. Sometimes they would end up extremely sore.

Contacts also aren't cheap. Maybe about $US 100 for 6 months' supply of the lenses, but then on top of that you need to buy the solution, which is perhaps $20 for two bottles that will last you perhaps a month and a half.

Glasses may be more expensive 'up front', but after 5 years or so the cost of contacts really does add up.

It is nice to not be the "glasses person" anymore though.

Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so can you wear contacts if you need bifocals?

I'm just dreading the wearing them ALL THE TIME.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glasses....

I'm extremely nearsighted so the Dr. talked me into getting bifocals, because I found that doing paperwork in the car I was having to take my glasses off to see better. Biggest mistake I ever made. After 2 years I still haven't got accustomed to the "dual vision". Next script I get will not include the bifocals.
Ginger Head
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got my glasses on a trip to Eastern Europe - cost about �40.

Cost in the UK for glasses the same - about �230.

Me thinks they see you coming Sad

I sometimes wear contact lenses at �1 a pair (I wouldn't take things out my eyes and put them back in again... eurgh!) I think you can get bifocal contacts. I imagine they charge you for them too...
HellRyder
Pale Tracker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eliza_Doolittle wrote:

Yes... there are bifocals contact lenses.

I wear glasses since 3rd grade... I also wear contact lenses when I feel like it, or rather not have glasses on (working out, outdoors activity and sports etc.).

I Change the frame every two year and the lenses as needed (1-2 years)... Most contact lenses nowadays are fairly affordable (~$20 a box of 6)... 1-800-Contacts is your friend...

Happy birthday! beers!

United Kingdom x2 United States x2 Nigeria
Mortar 's
Closed lad accounts 's

Pith Helmet ARK: Tamale (Ghana) - Porto Novo (Benin): "it is a Hollywood movie"

Get your ninja sword and throwing stars here
NO MENTOR & NEW TO BAITING? Here's how to do it!
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Severe myopia means that I have to wear glasses all the time... though I do take them off on occasion for really close-up viewing of things.

I have disposable contact lenses that I use at live action role-playing events.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had perfect 20/20 vision until I hit 40 and then it went downhill very quickly. I am long-sighted so I need glasses to read/computer etc but I'm OK to drive or watch TV without them. But because I am lazy and can't be arsed to put glasses on/off/on/off all the time I have vari-focals (a posh name for bifocals?) which I'm happy with so far.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
SherlockHolmie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eliza_Doolittle wrote:

I've seen" bifocal" contact lenses advertised; don't know if everyone can wear them, or how effective they are. I'd probably have to take out a mortgage to afford them.

Me, I wear contact lenses, and carry a pair of non-prescription reading glasses if I need a boost.

"You are a stopid man." - Barr Choy Choong
"Hello Mr Dear and Dumb" - Usman Danququ
"We can not entertain any more insubordinations from you!" - Roberto Correras, United Nations, Cote d'Ivorie Branch
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What makes you think I wear glasses?

Both, actually. I like having peripheral vision.

--J.D.

CharlesDeMer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Glasses. First thing I do when I get up and last thing I do before bed. I cannot handle contacts at all. Also, I look better with glasses.

I disregard the warnings and wear them on roller coasters. Earlier this summer, I wore prescription sunglasses while boogy-boarding (read: surfing for people with no coordination). I keep them on even if a fist-fight seems imminent. Sometimes Mrs. DeMer even encourages me to keep them on for Picnic Time.

The only time I've ever broken a pair was in a horrific car accident that also destroyed the car itself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If I were not blind as a bat, I could have been a fighter pilot. Without the glasses, I am legally blind. With a fresh prescription, my bifocals get me certified by the flight doctor. The vision tests are extremely difficult as they want 20/15 but settle for 20/20 with a grimace and a shake of the head.

I was just talking to the military boy. I picked him up from the airport today. (Thank you Southwest Airlines for bringing him home 4 days early on nonrefundable/changeable tickets.) He told me his vision is 20/15 and he will start flying jets next year. The darnest thing is that the military is paying for laser surgery for its pilots now.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy Bday Eliza jump_4_joy jump_4_joy

On the matter of contact lenses / glasses: I married an optician Laughing My eye sight is not too bad but hubby's is absolutely awful. Together we are like Elton John: drawers and drawers of glasses Very Happy I only use lenses occasionally when I go out. Glasses are a hassle when you want to go dancing, so I prefer contact lenses then. For the rest. I stick to glasses - less fuss with fluids and dry eyes.

If you need bifocals (but ask hubby, cause I only married him, I am no ecpert here), lenses are not as precise and will not work well unless you have a very slight prescription. Hubby encourages people who would like to use lenses to get lenses for their minus prescription (far away) and get themselves a pair of stern looking reading glasses that will go really well with teaching kids Wink

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic