SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Postwhores beware!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
shakira
Apprentice Fence Mender

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know this site doesn't like post whore so they hold them in a (small) pen called the "PWT".

I have a solution to post whoring - Get rid of post counts. I made a phpbb mod the other day to get rid of post counts and I want somebody to use it Sad

Do you think we should get rid of post counts?

FredFlinstone
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"get rid of postcounts" reaper wont be happy Razz

Cellphone (x4)

FredFlinstone = cool
Fred Flintstone = must die!
Dolores
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that having it show up on every post can sometimes give the impression that it's more important than it actually is, so I wouldn't mind having it gone.

However, I do think it's a fun, trivial thing to know if you don't take it seriously, so leaving it on the profiles (where it's more discreet) might be nice.

I don't feel too strongly either way, though. Smile

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with Dolores. Take them out of the area below the avatar, but leave them in the profile.

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting idea, however surely you're subjecting the majority to some draconian measure for the sake of catering to the minority.

The majority of people in here post on all sorts of threads about all sorts of things and a good portion of their posts are posted in good faith with something worth saying enclosed.

Sounds a little OTT. I have never read a post from SP that I didn't think was worth reading, he has posted 12,000 times... I think that should be acknowledged. If you don't wish to respect the post count, cool, no worries, that's your choice and by all means let your views be known. But removing post counts won't solve the PW issue (if it even is an issue) because all it will do is mean you will have no means (general members that is) of seeing who the PWs are.

For example, if I were to read a post (or a few) from a member that was total drivel and completely unnecessary and saw next to their name no post count I wouldn't have a clue if they had posted much before or were simply new and unfamiliar with the forum. If they have a high post count I can at least make an assessment on whether or not they are indeed a PW.

In my head this seems like pretty clear logic but for some reason I get the feeling it's a little confusing...

Bottom line is, post counts are not the problem (again, if there is a problem) it's the posts themselves. If the mods are not happy and think someone is a PW they can simply lock their post count any time they want. For the rest of the board I think it is completely fair dinkum for the amount of their posts to be displayed.

No matter how often we get told "post count doesn't matter" (agreed, as far as being a good baiter, it doesn't) the people who post are the people who contribute to this forum and this website. Whether or not they are great baiters is not the point. You can have 500 great baiters who never post... does nothing for the website.

Anyway, rant over, resume normal transmission.
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The vast majority of Eater members aren't stupid. I think everyone here has the respect and reputation (or lack thereof) he/she deserves, no matter the postcount. I don't think anything needs to be changed.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Posts? Whats that I just like typing..and replying to people

I dont mind either way

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought post count doesn�t matter.

What do you mean this site doesn�t like post whores? Everyone likes SP Smile

I though the mods or admins can do what they want since SF�s is trapped at 419 and breadcrumb at 1. TS�s is like at 10 or something. Not that I pay any attention to post counts.

If you want my vote, I don�t care one way or the other. The way it is now has worked for many years. Do you think the lack of post count will make people (reaper) stop post whoring? I don�t think he does it for the post count. I think he just likes it here and what�s not to like Smile

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^Exactly

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
I though the mods or admins can do what they want since SF�s is trapped at 419

Not trapped, hovering. Laughing
My postcount was rolled back and locked at my request, BTW. Smile

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ just like mine. Unfortunately I am not trapped with SF Sad Laughing

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
fawnykate
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How about the ability to rate a persons post out of 10
Based on subject matter, relevance and spelling Smile
That would make some interesting reading
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

breadcrumb wrote:
^^^ just like mine. Unfortunately I am not trapped with SF Sad Laughing

I was promised by a mod that, once my postcount reaches 4419, I'll get trapped with SF Laughing

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wondering which mod is baiting you? Laughing Or which one you bribed and with what? Wink

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
Party in the smoking crater of the next dead bank, I'll bring the Pimms! Laughing

Seriously, I think Don has the right of it. The members here are not stupid, and the content of a person's posts says FAR more about them and their contribution to this community than some number displayed under their av.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Party in the smoking crater of the next dead bank, I'll bring the Pimms!

Hey..great idea....look at my shiny new dutch flag in my sig Wink party at Persies place then? Laughing

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fawnykate wrote:
How about the ability to rate a persons post out of 10
Based on subject matter, relevance and spelling Smile
That would make some interesting reading

This is tantamount to the dreaded 'reputation' points that so many boards seem to embrace. My experience with reps is that they cause nothing but trouble. Avoid at all costs. As for post count - I cannot possibly comment Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not going to advacate removing post counts until I get to 2000 Cool Embarassed Laughing

For the vast majority of members, the post count is a reasonable way to determine seniority, when taken with a pinch of salt. In this majority, the joining date is equally misleading since new members may have baited for some time before joining. The true postwhores who reach Master of Master Baiters in one afternoon are rare, as are the Not Quite a Newbies who have been here over three years. Both groups are generally easily detectable by the quality and content of their posts.

Maybe a compromise solution would be to not count any posts made in the General forum. That should be a fairly simple PHP patch.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sufficient to delete the kak-thread and watch certain member's postcount plummet to where it belongs.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Don....and I'm the nice one.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can I delete the PW thread, can I, can I, pleaseeeee let me click the X jump_4_joy

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you promise to zap the 'we love the Mods' thread, also.

Please. Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a deal, I will zap both, someone confirm they both want killing and I will kill Twisted Evil

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Confirmed. Added to the db here: www.totalkakelimination.com

Zap away! Wink

/EDIT: Woo! Beaten by a spanking lotta! Razz

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic