SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Honestly repentent lads?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pandariffic
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm just curious if anybody here has ever encountered a scammer, or read an article about one or something, who made the right decision and dropped scamming to begin making an honest living.

I'm sure it has happens once in a blue moon, but does anybody know of a recorded case of this?

was H2SO4.
United Kingdom x2
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can only think of once, but it wasn't proven, the baiter just thought so.

Many lads pretend to "fess up" and repent, claiming they have changed their ways.

To date, a simple ASEM has always proved that they were just bullshitting.
Pandariffic
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, that certainly makes sense, as they'd say anything to get cash. =P

A while ago, a read a book by a former child soldier in Africa, chronicling his experiences. Personally, I think it would be rather interesting to read something like that by an ex-scammer, to get a better idea of just how these people live and think when immersed in the 419 lifestyle.

was H2SO4.
United Kingdom x2
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The 419 scammers aren't anything special. They're just crooks who use the anonymity of the internet.

You want to know what they think? Ask any conman anywhere. Lazy bastards who don't want to do real work for their income. Get rich quick and steal to do it.

Common thieves.
Pandariffic
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course; I'm certainly not trying to imply that I sympathy towards them. I wouldn't be bating if I did. Razz Still, it would be nice to hear about at least one of them honestly making the effort to change his lifestyle.

was H2SO4.
United Kingdom x2
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KD is right.... I think there's one that stopped scamming, but who really knows? The rest just dropped their pants AGAIN when they receive a hot ASEM. You can't change a turtle from being a turtle. The same goes for a scammer. Scammers are all driven be greed.

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wasn't there jojo's lad that he managed to convince to actually bait? And after something like a year or two of being around is just simply done with scamming because jojo caused so much pain? I'm pretty sure he was finished with it, to the point that he was barely responding to jojo because he wasn't going to the cafes any more.

That said, he might have just been a really crap scammer and making no money too. Could be worth an ASEM Twisted Evil
Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pandariffic wrote:
I'm sure it has happens once in a blue moon,

I agree. People do change their ways and, regardless of how we judge them, lads are people.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know of any of my personal mugus who have changed their ways, but in a previous job I worked closely with law enforcement for a couple of years and had clients who were pretty much the bottom of the barrel in lots of ways, and I know for a fact that a handful of them really made changes in their lives. Granted, the incentive to change was the possibility of legal sanctions, but regardless some of them did turn over new leaves. I had follow up on a few of them for up to about 5 years and they had become fairly solid citizens and were no longer involved in their former activities. I'm sure that sort of thing can happen to mugus, too. I would think that the ones who really do change would probably not tell us about it, they would just stop scamming altogether and we would never know about it.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Johnny Molson apparently had a lad named Barrister Ibru who changed his ways after being baited on the radio.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic