SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

USA driver's license question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My license expires on Sunday. I just realized this! Does this mean that I need to go TOMORROW and have it renewed, or do they give you some king of "Grace period"????????

UGH - This is not what I want to do - - go spend the afternoon at the DMV. The people here are SOOOOOOOO rude.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Be safe go tomorrow. But you have a grace period of until you get pulled over.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, each state may be different, but generally, your license doesn't somehow disappear in a puff of smoke upon expiration -- and no one will come to your house to arrest you for that transgression. Wink It's only an issue if you get pulled over. It will depend on the cop; some will say "too bad, so sad", some will let you get by if you're not too far past the exp date.

I recently renewed mine which was nearly 2 months expired (I never look at the thing even if I have to use it to buy alcohol, etc). I just happened to look at it one day and there I was, overdue. Went over the DMV, waited for the usual 2.5 hrs, and then got a new one. No muss, no fuss.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good thing I don't have a car!

LOL @ JM - - Did you not know - - they expire on your birthday?

That's what made me think to look. I was like - Oh wait - my birthday is Sunday - is this the year my license expires?

I wonder if license in other countries expire on the person's birthday? That could be interesting - if they all do - - and we get a lad - we can start asking for a date of birth.....just to see if they happen to put the right expiration date on driver's license they send!

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In my state, we can renew them online. Just print out your receipt to show you did it. My friend got pulled over in that very situation, provided proof that indeed he renewed it, and he only got a ticket for speeding. No problem for the expired license.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Actually it depends on your state on that one too, Eliza. I am in Oklahoma and I attended driver's ed in school. So I was able to get my permit early before I turned 16. I received my permit in February my birthday is in June, my license expires in February. I forget all the time too though, luckily last time I was driving with it expired I was pulled over by a friend and he just told me to go get it renewed the next day.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

E.D.
To answer your question, in the U.K, our driving licence lasts until you are 70, then has to be renewed yearly.

Happy birthday for sunday.

Last edited by Fo'andles on Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I moved from one state to the other, so it didn't correspond to my birthday.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
USA driver's license question

Is there such a thing as a USA driver's license?

I thought that went by state law. As far as I know, those laws can vary from state to state a great deal.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are correct KD. They are state issued, not federal.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fo'andles wrote:
E.D. To answer your question, in the U.K, our driving licence lasts until you are 70, then has to be renewed yearly..

Not quite. for normal cars you have to renew at 70. For HGV/PCV you have to renew at 45,50,55,66 & 65 then every year.

get your baiting forms here
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@KD

Ohhhhh ok ....I had thought every state issued its own license but it was all USA with the same rules and regulations - just different state names on the cards. LOL I do know the cards for different states look different.

<br>

Mortar x12
Golden Pith
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes State issued, not Federal. Some States have you take their exam to renew or if you let it expire. Some States don't require the exam unless age or violations mount up.

Mine is good until 2015...

I renewed last year via mail. The picture is old... Shocked but... so am I... Laughing

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fo'andles wrote:
E.D.
To answer your question, in the U.K, our driving licence lasts until you are 70, then has to be renewed yearly.

Happy birthday for sunday.

Eeek!! I wonder if my mother is aware of this, she's 74 and still happily driving herself around and I know for a fact she's never taken her test again. If she had, she would fail. She's a nightmare! (god love her though)

Pretty Rose

pony
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eliza_Doolittle wrote:
. . . . they expire on your birthday?

That's what made me think to look. I was like - Oh wait - my birthday is Sunday - is this the year my license expires? . . . .

Well . . pardon me . . . I was like . . . Oh wait . . . it must be Eliza's birthday on Sunday. How can I get that into a thread on Eater?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure most of the rules for renewal are the same for all states. You cannot do it via the internet, without having received a renewal notice in the mail.

Go down tomorrow, pay the fee and they will give you a temporary license, until your new one arrives in about 2 weeks time.

I had mine renewed today. The people were really nice and with the appointment I scheduled, it was a breeze. I was in at 10:15am and out at 10:30am.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
MidNightDream05
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I live in Virginia. My friends license expired and he had to take the written test over....4x

Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our 'lifetime' licence in NZ needs to be renewed every 10 years... Rolling Eyes

The really REALLY annoying thing is that the license now doesn't show how long you've held a license for. So if you have had to get your new 'lifetime' license and go to rent a car overseas, some rental companies say "Oh, you've been driving for just 3 months? Here's a gazillion dollar insurance surcharge...". Maybe it doesn't happen now but it caught me out when they first changed the system. Told them to keep the car, I would walk. I mean American Samoa isn't sooooo big is it?

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eliza, here in Connecticut we can renew at any AAA location. Same price, no appointment or wait. I was in and out within 10 minutes the last time. You don't even have to be a member of AAA to do it.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am going to search to see if we can do it online. If other states can do it - SURELY you can do it in NYC - as NYC is supposed to be ahead of everyone else!!!

BTW - came home today with a gift in my door - the ex had sent me perfume and a sweet note. Awwwwwwwwww And he had no idea that this is the perfume that I had asked a friend about - she was wearing it and I loved it. So a month ago I asked her what it was - I then forgot until I smelled it tonight!

<br>

Mortar x12
Golden Pith
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Is he screwing her? Shocked

Off topic and I'm sorry but could not resist. Laughing

Carry on! Smile

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL @ corona. No he's not - he has never met her. LOL you're hilarious!

<br>

Mortar x12
Golden Pith
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eliza_D,

Did you find out about your DL? If not go here, because you can renew online. Just don't drive before receiving renewed license!

I couldn't tell if they take WU though... Laughing

PLEASE NOTE! - If your license has expired or is about to expire, and you need to operate a motor vehicle, we recommend that you visit a local DMV Office to renew so that you will have an interim document (temporary license). You may be ticketed if you drive without having a valid license.

You must have a valid NYS driver license that is eligible to be renewed:
A driver license may be renewed up to one year before its
expiration date.
An expired license may be renewed if it has been expired for less
than two years.
However, you may be ticketed if you drive with an
expired license.
Your new license expiration date and your renewal fee will be the
same whether you renew early or late.

You must provide the following information about you and your DMV record:
The Client ID Number and Document Number from your current
license (see sample document).
Your date of birth, the last four digits of your Social Security Number,
and your current zip code.

An eye-care professional must complete form MV-619 or form MV-
619R (Eye Test Report) for you.

Linky

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

callum wrote:
Our 'lifetime' licence in NZ needs to be renewed every 10 years... Rolling Eyes

That's for full licenses. My restricted license (I think the equivalent is called a driving permit in the US or something??) expired about a month before I was able to sit my Full License test, I was a bit annoyed at having to renew the restricted for only a few weeks before I sat the full, so I let it slide. Then when I went to sit my full they were like "oh this license has expired you'll need to renew it... use it for 2 hours... then get your full."

Good old sticklers for rules the LTSA.

Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eliza_Doolittle wrote:
The people here are SOOOOOOOO rude.

Whaddya expec' in Noo Yawk? C'mon dolly, whaddya lookin'? I ain't got awl day heah! Wink

Mine expires in 2012, which dovetails nicely with the "end of time" we've all been scheduled for in December of that year. Crying or Very sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic