SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Explosion in NYC - - I am ok

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am getting messages from people asking if I am ok. I was not near the explosion. They say that it was a transformer and that it was not terrorist related.

Ack - doesn't make me feel like getting on the subway right now and going home though. I am going to sit in my office a few more minutes and then go (or I may call a cab!)

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Steam pipe explosion it seems. Good to hear that you're OK and that it seems as though nobody was injured in this. I can imagine the feeling if you were nearby and heard the huge explosion - no doubt what your mind would have thought of.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070718/ap_on_re_us/manhattan_explosion

Last edited by Josh on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was wondering about that. We have other NYC baiters too. Good to hear that you're OK.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wouldn't you know it, too - the train I take is affected by this. I will have to take a bus home.....or call a cab.

I think I'm going to pay more and get a cab!!!

What a PITA!

BTW - the other place I work is right by that area - thankfully I have a really busy schedule at this building for the next 5 weeks!

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I had distasteful but funny joke I was about to submit... but seeing as we're doing this whole "think before you type" thing now I'll just say, good to hear you're ok Eliza. Can we blame this on our lads? Bugger it, I'll give it a shot anyway.
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, from the last post until right now is how long it took me to get home.

I am just going to sit here for a minute - and then change clothes and jump in bed. The trip home was exhausting - couldn't get a cab - and everyone was on the bus. Some humans need to learn what deodorant is. Perhaps I should carry some in my bag and start handing it out if I'm on crowded buses or trains!

<br>

Mortar x12
Golden Pith
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An hour and 40 minutes. Ouch commuting in New York is nasty.

Edit: 15-20 people injured, only 3 serious enough to be in the emergency ward though. No deaths. Just a big fright I guess.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/story.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10452534

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22097592-2,00.html

mod edit: changed into link, don't know how that would add to the discussion at hand but feel free to click if you're into people with blood on their faces. (Don)

EDIT: Changed link, the link was to a news article, not the picture itself.

Last edited by Red on Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Bam-Skater
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No need for that "Red". Al that does is get people worried!

PK

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ What's to get worried about? It was the main article on a national newspaper. I simply copy pasted it so people could see the link about the article. If you have an issue with the content I suggest you send an email to: http://www.news.com.au/contactus

I didn't create the story... I'm sorry if anyone is offended by it or panicked by it, I suggest you read the link.
Bam-Skater
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is an awful picture to post just because an NYer heard something go "bang"

B-S

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ No, it's a traumatic but newsworthy photo which someone has simply posted. The only mistake red (imho) made was making the picture a link which disguised the fact that there was a link - which made me, at least, think it was a poster red had made himself, mocking NY. It didn't help that I also thought it looked like Michael Jackson with lipstick. Rolling Eyes
News media have printed worse; I don't think supplying a link or reproducing it is bad.

Thanks Don - makes my post look weird Smile

mod edit: It's not "bad", it's 9.am here, I'm having breakfast and I don't want to have gore pictures slapped in my face. More so if they add nothing to the thread at hand which is about E_D's wellbeing.

Purple Flower
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm glad you're ok, E_D. I was deeply concerned when I heard the news this morning and thank you for setting our minds at ease.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to hear you are OK, Eliza Very Happy

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bam-Skater wrote:
That is an awful picture to post just because an NYer heard something go "bang"

B-S

As GB said, my bad for containing the link in the photo, but I didn't create the photo or the words... they came straight off www.news.com.au (News Corporation owned website for national and international news, based in Australia).

As horrible as it was, that image will be displayed all over the world and was, in my opinion, a poignant picture that shows just what it would have been like at the scene. Whilst I humbly agree, in hindsight, with Don that the picture itself did not need to be displayed I was not rousing panic or trying to get people worried, I was merely linking a news article from a reputable news provider.

About 2 million people (at least) will view that webpage today and I'm positive the image will be in the paper tomorrow where millions more will see it. If I've crossed some line, so has a major news network, I don't see how linking a story and it's images (if legitimate) is wrong, unless of course there is intent behind it (which of course there wasn't, just wanted people to see the images being beamed across the globe).

Apologies again for offence caused.
Bam-Skater
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We all know the awful pictures. I am pretty *** positive we have all seen them. There is absolutely no need to post them to "dramatise" what you are trying to say!

B-S

Cheers Don. you kinda got my point!

Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Back on topic girls and boys.

Eliza,
Incidents of this nature, especially when there is a bang, give us the jitters wherever they happen these days.

Were you within earshot of this Central Manhattan incident or were you well out of the way?

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Updated news story: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/story.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10452534

One person dead (from a heart attack caused by it) and about 20 people seriously injured. I guess we all go "what it could have been" though.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic