SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Harry Potter - BOOK 7 SPOILERS OK (WARNING!!!!)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess that doesn't count out the fact that he could have been the one to steal the horcrux. From my memory in book 6 we don't know when the horcrux was stolen, but rather just that it was stolen, and "RAB" left a message for Voldemort to say that he'd got it first.

From memory the message says "To the Dark Lord" rather than "To Voldemort or 'he who must not be named', which does make me think that perhaps it was a death eater or former death eater who stole it.

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah he could have have died before the "7th book".

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought Regulus had been dead for a long time before any of the Harry Potter books - and wasn't he a death-eater anyway? Or had he betrayed the death eaters and therefore they had killed him?

Edit: Courtesy of Wikipedia:

Quote:
According to the Black family tree, Regulus was born to Orion and Walburga Black in 1961 and died in 1979. However, internal evidence in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix indicates that he in fact died in 1980, "some fifteen years previously" as seen from the perspective of August 1995.

Most other information on Regulus's life was provided by his brother Sirius in the novel Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Sirius described him as his parents' favorite son because he accepted their ideas about blood purity. Regulus joined the Death Eaters but attempted to flee the organization when he became scared and had a change of heart. He was killed by Voldemort, or on Voldemort's orders, after a few days on the run. Sirius suggested the latter was more likely as he would not have been important enough to be killed by Voldemort himself.

The author of the novels, J. K. Rowling, has stated that Regulus is dead, but did not comment on the nature of his demise. She also remarked in an interview: "Regulus got in a little too deep. Like Draco, he was attracted to it. But the reality of what it meant was way too much to handle."

Near the end of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Dumbledore and Harry attempt to recover a locket believed to be a Horcrux created by Voldemort. Instead, they find a different locket containing a message signed with the initials R.A.B.. Fans immediately speculated that RAB stood for Regulus Black. Rowling was asked this on publication day of Half-Blood Prince and whilst neither confirming nor denying the suggestion, she called it "a fine guess".

Foreign editions of the books consistently translate the final initial of "R.A.B." to agree with the first letter of the Black surname. (For example, the Dutch translation has Sirius's last name as "Zwarts", while "R.A.B." is translated as "R.A.Z.". It is likewise with the Norwegian translation, Sirus's last name is "Svaart" and the initials are then "R.A.S.")

From the books, it is not known whether Regulus has a middle name. The Harry Potter Lexicon fan website claimed in August 2005 to have been informed by a "reliable source" that Regulus's middle name was Arcturus. The Lexicon later withdrew this statement without explanation, but Steve Vander Ark, the editor that originally made the claim, stated that he stands behind the information.

It was later reported that Rowling had revealed to Isabel Nunes, who is responsible for the Portuguese translations of the Harry Potter books, that R.A.B. stands for "Regulus Arcturus Black". This has not been confirmed or disputed by Rowling.

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good old Wikipedia pulling through Thumbs up seriously it's the third website down in google for just about anything you search

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

Easter Egg
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup it's probably my favourite site on the net (apart from 419 eater... of course Embarassed )

It seems from the information on Wikipedia that Regulus Black is almost certainly RAB. The fact that Voldemort had him killed may mean that Voldemort has been aware that Regulus stole the horcrux quite some time ago, and killed him because of that. This may mean that Voldemort actually has the horcrux in his possession once again?

Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just flicked through Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. That's what it's touted to be, but I am not a Harry Potter aficionado, so I can't say whether what I have just seen is genuine. It does appear to be real to me. If it's fake, a lot of effort has gone into it!

Anyway, the one good thing about HP is that at least it is encouraging so many children to read instead of being stuck in front of a console all day!

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^Shiver, feel free to send it to me and I will have a very critical look at it Laughing Where did you get the copy? Made some friends in the publishing world with being an author yourself now?

Just a few more days, folks. When are we allowed to post about the book itself? I agree spoilers should not be posted for those too tempted to read the forum and be all upset about it later, but I suppose after a week it would be okay??

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want the location, PM me. It's not great quality though. It appears some guy has got his hands on a copy of the book and rather than scan it, he has photographed each individual page! Possibly an inside job at the printers Smile

Just to add; this information can be found by a judicious search on Google. I would definitely recommend any real HP fans to be patient for just a few more days and buy the book!

Shiver's scammer trophies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With all the fuss about it that Azda made (and all the free publicity it generated about how much they were discounting it- cynic? Moi?) Channel 4 News showed the scene at the publishers warehouse - pallets of the book piled to the ceiling.

I cant believe that noone involved has had a chance to read the last page or pinch a copy.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

persephone wrote:
When are we allowed to post about the book itself? I agree spoilers should not be posted for those too tempted to read the forum and be all upset about it later, but I suppose after a week it would be okay??

I did create another thread a few days ago about HP where spoilers about Book 7 would be allowed. But Nurse Nasty deleted it because it was too similar to this thread. I guess once the book is out we may wish to either create another thread where spoilers are allowed (and risk the wrath of NN), or after about a week I might change the title of this thread (or once I finish the book) so that we can discuss the book itself on here. Pontificating on what might be in the book is half the fun for now.

I do hope that everyone does follow the request not to post spoilers on here. For many people Harry Potter is their favourite book series ever, and it would be truly heartbreaking to get the ending spoilt by some idiot posting it for a laugh on a forum.

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd rather wait for the proper book than read some bad quality one a few days earlier. Supposedly 25million dollars went into the security of the 7th Book

Easter Egg
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I'm very keen to wait until the proper book comes out. My girlfriend works at a bookshop so she should be able to get hold of one really really quickly on Saturday. Apparently all bookshop owners were required to sign a confidentiality agreement that they wouldn't open any boxes until the exact minute etc. etc. I imagine the publishers would wait until the last possible minute before shipping it.

Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Saw OOTP today. Yes, they missed a lot out, but I expected that. What I didn't like was the reworkings of the bits they left in. The stuff they kept the same was brilliant, but the stuff the reworked was rubbish. They did attempt to make Sirius's death a bit more dramatic, but they didn't even mention about the archway and that he couldn't come back from it. 5/10.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought there were a few odd things that were done differently to the book:

1) That Harry didn't see Neville's parents at the hospital, but rather was told by Neville what happened to them.

2) Nobody seemed to see Sirius at the train station. Harry's suspicion that Draco saw Sirius is one of the main things that keeps Sirius shut in Grimmauld Place the whole time.

3) At the end of the movie, in Dumbledore's office Harry seems quite accepting of what has happened, whereas in the book he goes crazy breaking everything.

What other things were people surprised about in the way they were done differently in the movie?

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I remember harry being really agro to Dumbledore, plus they should of made the duel better, like the statues, where were the statues?? and the gong spell, with Voldy saying "You do not seek to kill me Dumbldore, above such brutality are you". Dumbledore, "There are other ways of hurting a man" or something like that. Bah. Good Dumbledore's Army scenes though

Easter Egg
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I took the kids to see OOTP on the weekend and I admit I wasn't able to follow it very well (I haven't read the book) because they left out so many chunks of the book's storyline. If you know the book(s) you can fill in the gaps - if you haven't it's pretty confusing, eg, what the hell is a padfoot?

From a movie point of view the special effects were good. The acting was average. The script assumes people know the Harry Potter fine esoteric detail. Ron and Hermione are now have bit-parts. Daniel R's Harry doesn't act any more - he pulls anguished faces and I didn't feel a shred of empathy as in previous films. They all speak in mangled estuary english (don't actors learn elocution any more?). I still think the Chamber of Secrets was the best of the movies.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Padfoot is Sirius. Interesting perspective from someone who hadn't read the book.

A lot of reviews said that you really have to be up to date with the Harry Potter series to make sense out of the film - either through seeing the previous films or preferably through reading the books. I can imagine someone being highly confused trying to see this movie as a HP newbie.

persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So...... how is everyone going to get the book on Saturday? For me, it is a stay at home wait for the postman day. Geez, I hope he gets here in the morning, I want to get a good head start Smile

pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Well I am very p*ssed off about that.
I reserved the book months ago from a bookstore near to where I work and only realised yesterday that the release day is Saturday and not Friday.....Grrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad

I won't be able to collect my copy until Tuesday.. Crying or Very sad

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oooh, that sucks, Simba. Can't somebody pick it up for you on Saturday who lives a little closer or is the problem that the store is closed?

Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^No, its right in the City of London, so it'll be pretty much deserted at the weekend.

And it would be about a 4 hour round trip for me to go and collect it on Saturday...

Hey....Just had a brilliant idea..!!

Maybe YW, BW & JoJo might have a mugu preperared to make the safari... Laughing

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My girlfriend and I are going to share a copy. However she's got first go at it (damn I've been tempted to buy a copy myself, but shelling out for it just so we can read them at the same time.... ) As I said above she works at a Children's Bookshop so she'll get it easy peasy on Saturday when it comes out (11.01am here in New Zealand).

Then I'll just hassle her for the rest of the weekend to hurry up and finish it so I can start reading. I'm taking her to her first rugby game (the NZ v Australia Bledisloe Cup match at Eden Park) on Saturday night, and she's threatened to take the book to the match. Shocked Laughing

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's been a alleged spoiler floating around in cyberspace for a while now. Some bloke reckons he hacked the publishers computer and posted the ending of the book so people won't read it because the pope doesn't want them to - or something. If the spoiler is true then it's pretty lame but since it's source appears to be somewhat, ahem, 'unreliable' then who knows.

I don't know about JKR's literary integrity, but from a business point of view she'd be a fool to kill off Harry, the wizard that laid the golden egg. However, she has a few hundred million in the bank now so I guess she can afford to.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I doubt she'd kill Harry either. Not necessarily because she wants to write more books about him, but just because it would be a really unsatisfying ending. Perhaps 5 or so years down the track she will find herself missing Harry Potter enough to write a few more books about Harry's adult life, or taking another character and writing stories about them... who knows.

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, there's 2 more movies in the pipeline. If we know that Harry dies at the end of the last movie then it will ruin the boxoffice potential and the movie producers, merchandisers, etc don't like that. Cynical, moi?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic