SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First Contact

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MidNightDream05
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A wonderfully handsome scammer (aren't they all), contacted me on a dating site I'm on. I want to run this guy around. Only problem, he knows what I look like. I'm not too concerned, however, being virginal at this, should I be concerned? MND

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is just from my experience.

My firsts 2 scammers knew exactly what I looked like. That was before I came here and read all the stickies and information.. Wink That has NEVER caused me a problem. (Yet) Luckily, I never really gave out any real information. I always listed my city a few over from where I live.

Since starting here at eaters...I have outright learned how to lie on those profiles..Laughing I deleted any REAL profiles with real photo's that I had.

So...welcome and reading those stickies will help you a lot. Might want to sign up for a Mentor too.

*Edited to add* If this guy has ANY of your personal information, you need to walk away.

UR ASSHOLE UR G**DAMN ASS ITS IRRITATING ME U A PROSTITUTE

Last edited by Lizzy Bordom on Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new here too but I can tell ya this, I don't think it matters what you look like or even if you didn't have a picture posted. I've had hundreds of scam/romance contacts in just one week of being on my space and my picture is a bunch of pink jellybeans. I started with a sunset. I never did post my pic and yet they all tell me I'm beautiful or have beautiful eyes or a calm, or honest face. You could have a picture of Homer Simpson up and they'd email you anyway.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've shown my real face on cam to scammers and it's never been a problem. It's not exactly the wisest thing to do, but some scams have to be done that way. Just remember to never give out any real info like your name/address/phone number and you'll be ok.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The person doesn't have any personal information on me, except my actual photo and the city/state I live in. Other then that, nothing.

I checked him out, he's a known scammer. Anyone ever run across [email protected]? Any information you can give me would be appreicated.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And also, thank you for your repsonses.

I'm excited about this. I can't wait to mess around with his mind.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Midnight, and welcome.

About 3 months ago I knew nothing of this, I was helping a friend with his love life by replying to some emails for him, unknown to me I was dealling with a scammer. Luckily for my friend I thought some of the emails were very strange and did some research and found this site and I was able to offer some proof to my friend that the girl he wanted to get lucky with was not who she said she was. it took quite a while for me to convince him and even now I am sure he still has some doubts about "Aussie she' being a 'Nigerian He'.

Over the last few months I have learnt plenty by reading other posts here, 3 months in I am much more the wiser but by no means an expert.

A few suggestions from someone who has just a little more experience than you,
cut your current bait, just stop replying
create a (or a few) gmail account with completely false info
Fake name, fake address, fake date of birth
work out a story about your life, any story will do but here is an idea, 35 years old, never married, no children, live with mum, good job that pays well, average looking, little over weight, then keep your story prety much the same for all future baits, much easier to remember what you are up to when you start to get a few on the hook
Do NOT provide a photo, not even a fake one unless you absolutely have to keep a favoured pet, but even then never your real photo

Then from your new account armed with your new persona send your pet an email, short and sweet seems as good as long, for example ' Hi sorry it has been a while since my last reply I hope you have not found another girl as I really am interested in you' then take it as slow as you can from there.

A few things to remember NOT to do.
Do not provide personal info
Do not tell the scammer anything that may teach them what they are doing wrong, if they tell you that they are from London in the USA, your reply should be 'Oh really I know someone from there'
Do not point out obvious faults in anything they send you, these faults could provide clues to a real victiim

And lastly
Scambait for the fun of it.
Knowing that you are doing some good is a bonus
Good luck

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MidNightDream05,
Your man is featured here:- http://www.easyfindadate.com/viewprofile/5804/
The photograph is one that we have seen before. Perhaps someone will remember where and post a link to it.

Edit: Someone else is having a fling with him HERE
and that link leads you HERE with photo.
and HERE with 2 photos.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
MidNightDream05
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the link. He's story there is the same as on the other dating site. He must be drinking from the fountain of youth, his pictures appear to be that of a 30 something year old.

** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some top tips from MurryGuru there.

As for me, I've only ever sent out pictures of Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman in American Psycho.

But then most of my modalities involve me being a trader in stocks and shares. So the face fits! Twisted Evil
None of them have ever twigged, and if they do it's no matter.

I don't think that sending out your photo alone is a bad thing. Your vlad isn't interested what you look like, only that you exist and have money.
I will stress though that NOTHING else personal to you should ever be mentioned. Follow Murrys tips and you can't go far wrong.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, photos really don't matter. They often aren't even opened; I usually just send junk files in arcane formats and rarely get any complaints. They still seem to fall in love with me after half a dozen e-mails regardless.

I'd guess the thing about using your real photo is that if they can find it somewhere else on the internet, say at your workplace's website, then there's a chance that they might somehow get hold of personal information about you. Still, since pictures can't easily be searched for, it's a lot less useful than them having your real name, so it's less of a risk.

"I could not understand a word scatologist. You could explain me it. I think that it is connected with public health services?" - Elena (4), Russia
"Why are they always called Elena?" - HB, UK
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a side note on the possible danger of using your own pictures,

1 picture alone is of little use to a scammer but,

Several pictures of a homely reasonable looking person will soon become part of your scammers arsenal and you will soon find that your photos are the face of a scammer.

To me (a 115kg man, all muscle of course Laughing ) I find that more scary than the possibility of meeting up with one of them.

For me, no pictures, you can be very creative as to why you cant send a photo, no scammer (sorry scanner), dont know how to send photos so please teach me, dont have a digital camera, scanner or digital camera has broken down or been stolen, sold scanner and digital camera to raise money for you.

Fake photos only, even then only if absolutely necesary to maintain a very good pet.

As you get more experience you will learn to widen your boundaries, then do what you feel comfortable with.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a zillion photos already out there of a zillion people so why use one of yourself? I always use pics from Google images of (dead) Z List celebs, sports people, politicians and nobody has ever questioned it.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
freya
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Note the tat in this pic and compare to your pics - I think we have the same guy:
<p>
He wrote me this morning:<p>
=====bryan4realluv wrote=====
I can't see a future that does not include you.i want to be a friend. His profile on the dating site that he mailed me from claims he is 35 and from Young America, MN, however his written profile says he is from London. when he asked for my yahoo email address, I gave him my new gmail account and we chatted there where his spontaneous responses were written in definite "lads" lingo Wink He asked me what I did for work and I told him I was widowed and was left very comfortable but I worked on the side as a corporate executive Wink Then I told him I had to leave for a meeting Wink

MidNightDream05
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't send the lad my picture. I am on a dating site, hence he saw/has my photo from my profile.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

freya, not too sure they're one in the same. The tat on my lad doesn't appear to be a full circle as on yours.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic