SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

BAH! help!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jbsmalls
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was contacted on my normal email account by a scammer. The email seemed legit so I didn't think anything of it. Spellling was perfect, grammar was perfect. They wanted to buy my mp3 player I have for sale on craigslist...

I stupidly told them my address before asking theirs.

So now they have my address.

I immediatly knew they were a scammer when they sent this message:
Quote:

Hi,
I hope you are doing fine. I urgently had to leave to Benin on an assignment but I have asked my assistant to prepare and send your payment. I have also contacted a shipper who will come for the pick-up as soon as you receive payment. Please let me know once you receive payment.
Jaylnn

I did the first thing that came to mind, I told them that since it was so long for them to respond I sold the mp3 player to my friend, and that I was sorry that I didnt have it anymore.

Am I in deep s* or what?
QXT
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would just not reply. Just leave it be, and dont make it any worse. I doubt he'll make that long a trek just for a mp3 player, although he could have friends there. Dont panic, Im sure someone here will know what to do! Confused

"you punk ass foolish son of a bastard prostitute's mother, born to a villain of a robber and grand parents of the liliput lineage."
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No problem at all, just ignore all future emails from them, there is nothing they can do with only your address, You have not wasted their time or money, you have not pissed them off, just forget about them now.

Are the locks on your door strong? Only joking Laughing

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you should be fine. Saying that you'd sold it to a friend makes a lot of sense and I wouldn't worry about a scammer going after you for something like this.

jbsmalls
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, you can probably tell I'm a scam-baiting n00b Sad

I also haven't been on the forums for a while, I'm back! Very Happy
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back then, ignore and forget that's the same they will do with the info.
I made a free email account to deal with RL and never give my ISP account addy, the free email account changes every 6-9 months depending the amount of Spam and I keep it going until all the people I care about have changed to the new one then I drop the old one.

I have a "friend" in Benin Laughing and the IP# he uses are and (same network) His latest phone is if this looks like your friend, then are you willing to share his email(s) I'm setting him up, by pretending to be the guy who stole my characters laptop, just before the bank transfer went through Twisted Evil
Thanks

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They sent me this message today, I should just ignore it right, and if I really do get the money order, its definatly a fake.

Quote:
I just got your message, unfortunately your payment has already been sent before I got it. Please let me know once you get it so I can tell you how to send it back.
Jaylnn
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, it will be 100% fake. Ignore the email. He will send you a few threatening emails, ignore those too.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
jbsmalls
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, whatever payment he sent you will be fake. So don't cash it, you will be held responsible for the money if you cash it. So either destroy it, mark fake on it and keep it as a trophy, or send it to your local Law Enforcement Agency.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic