SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The post for discussing Psychics, Ghosts & Paranormal BS

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dgloryhole
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well i have had them both go thru the house and write down where spirit was then i went thru and noted where the emf showed something-both times our results matched-the daughter lives out of the house now but has an entity in her apt named emily-her daughter has a baby and emily has taken it upon herself to amuse the baby-the baby gurgles and laughs as emily entertains her-i am a skeptic and have been studying parapsychology for yrs but i have seen alot and know there is more to all this than what we would believe

pony
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the electrical station around my house is haunted. The EMF meter is off the charts! Wink

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dgloryhole wrote:
well i have had them both go thru the house and write down where spirit was then i went thru and noted where the emf showed something-both times our results matched

Of course it did.

This is why people do double-blind experiments.

As above, it is very natural to see patterns in things--particularly noise. Scientists have to run such controls in order to remove such intentional bias. Understand, this is not because you are "stupid" or "gullible"--it is what we all do.

You need to be able to define--as the article suggests--what specifically represents detecting a ghost. Give that parameter to someone else and let him determine this is "a ghost" on your readings. However, I would suggest you are looking at a lot of fluctuation and sort of thinking "this is" or "is not" and you reading is influenced by expectation.

Again, that is not because you are "stupid" or "gullible"--scientists fall for this all of the time. In the thread on perpetual motion in this section, I linkypoo'd to a book--Voodoo Science--that describes this phenomenon. Another one--a classic--is Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science by Martin Gardner. In that he describes how a physicist fooled himself--and the world--that objects gave off "N-waves." Scientists around the world were getting papers published on something that does not exist.

They did not. He failed to blind his experiments and do proper controls.

We are designed to find these patterns and meaning.

This has probably turned into a BIG tangent from Eliza's thread, so if someone wants to send this part into a separate thread, or if you wish to start a new thread on this subject, that may be more appropriate.

--J.D.

dgloryhole
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yea jojo living under or around high tension wires will cook you-beware

pony
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eliza_Doolittle wrote:
Do they exist? ...

Without having read every post in this thread in detail before posting (bad, I know!), I have to say, either you're joking or you should demand a total refund on your college tuition! Laughing

Come on! Psychics?

Let me go ask my personal astrologer. The stars will tell us. Wink
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're sooo cynical KD. Of course they exist. Rolling Eyes

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
luckey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, the hair on the back of my neck is standing up.

I predicted KD's post!

or some version of it... maybe it's hindsight...

I'm psychic!

Edit: Gotta Log on to eTrade before it wears off.

Last edited by luckey on Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@lotta

I can't help it. It's the spirits in my attic. They say things to me.

What's worse is, I listen to them.
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I vote we get KD to come visit me. Get a few drinks in him and send him off to see the psychic.

I predict that he shouldn't come visit me, though - because I see that we'd go to a Yankee game - they'd beat the Red Sox - and he'd spiral into a depression.....

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I have to say that, although being as cynical as they come....
my dog went missing one day (old, almost blind, virtually deaf etc) and he could have wandered off in any direction. But I called my mum (who's into all this BS) and she said he was near a certain canal bridge. I couldn't find him, but I called the dog pound who said they'd just sent someone out to pick up a dog fitting his description nearby. I went to the address they gave me and there he was...about 100 yards from the canal bridge. Spooky Shocked

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eliza_Doolittle wrote:
... Get a few drinks in him and send him off to see the psychic. ...

The poor woman. She'd end up sending a crybaby PM to Shiver about me. Laughing

Eliza_Doolittle wrote:
... we'd go to a Yankee game - they'd beat the Red Sox ...

Yeah, just like in the playoffs 2004. Cool

Do Yankees fans ask psychics "who's my daddy?" Laughing
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@KD

I never listen to the spirits who hang out in the attic. They're not very reliable. I only listen to the one down in the basement.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ I don't have a basement, but it's crowded in the attic. Laughing
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bah, I never listen to spirits. Most were twits in life, what makes anyone think they have become all smart and all knowing because they are dead? Hell if they died of something stupid it proves they are just bigger morons dead than alive. Most just bitch about how they are dead and can't do anything, head for the light and leave me alone you bastards....

Uhm ok sorry about all that I need more alcohol.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
Yeah, just like in the playoffs 2004. Cool

The Red Sox will hold onto those wins even if they never win another playoff race again. Oh well, I like the Phillies and they never win anything.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Bobo419
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yep, palmreading, mindreading, and all that show are of course real.... you bunch of non-believers : I read my horoscope every day, and every day it is bang on !
How can one not believe that the exact position of a planet or solar system hundreds of light years away doesn't determine a person's behaviour, character and disposistion ?
Uri Geller for president ?

You're born, you live, you die... That's it.

There is no god, no afterlife, no mysterious powers, no EPS, no telepathy; telekinesis, Bermuda Triangle, UFO's etc... If you believe that, you might as well believe Mr Mugu...

It's inherent to mankind to believe the unbelievable, to accept the un-understandable (we now laugh at our ancestors who worshiped the sun or the moon, or who believed he earth was flat). Our ignorance shouldn't be an excuse to accept the unlogical.

Do ants or elephants, or field mice predict the future, or is their character determined by a circumstantial positioning of celestial bodies light years away.? and if so .. do are they aware? and if not, what's the bloody point??

Anyway, my local psychic told me a was in for a cool experience, and considering Mars is appearing in Capricorn (or whatever), I'll go to the fridge and see if I can spot another Lager to dampen my scepticism..

Sleep tight

crime doesn't pay... but the hours are good !

Early to bed, early to rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
- and a milkman -
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bobo419 wrote:
... Sleep tight

Sleep is but an illusion. Laughing
Bobo419
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@kleindoofy : true, I once read a story where it was suggested that our dreams were reality, and our waking hours were what we were really dreaming... mind bogling when you are 16 years old, but quite comforting at my age... for it means I am spending about 7 hours a day in the company of Jenna Jameson Razz

crime doesn't pay... but the hours are good !

Early to bed, early to rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
- and a milkman -
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why don't I know of any rich pychics? Is there some kind of sheild around the stockmarket that prevents them from tuning in?

Bah humbug and fooey!

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On a related note: Is the light in my fridge really out when I close the door?

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
luckey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

callum wrote:
Is there some kind of sheild around the stockmarket that prevents them from tuning in?

There must be. My huge investment in Steorn's Orbo perpetual motion machine tanked big time.

Serves me right for trying to use my gift for profit, instead of for helping others for um... well... profit, I guess.

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the eater is haunted. There is even a ghost that posts here occasionally (usually when he�s drunk).

Anywho, I think this thread has gotten just a hair on the silly side�just a hair mind you Laughing

Bobo419 wrote:
There is�, no afterlife�

Yes there is, just look at my location. It�s been there since June 26, 2004 Smile

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There certainly is an afterlife. I have dead folks visiting me all the time Very Happy

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bobo419 wrote:
Do ants or elephants, or field mice predict the future

Yes, just like goldfish and horses can predict an earthquake, and TSnerd can predict the falling of underwear from the clothes line when it blows a gale. It's true! He told me once!

OOOOoooooo I get a feeling someone may tell us to limit PW'ing to the pure kak thread.....

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I predicted that one on page two�I guess I�m not psychic. I am really a ghost in case you�re wondering. I�m going to pop by lotta�s and pay here a visit now.

I�m going to put the toilet seat up�women hate that for some reason.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic